The Student Room Group

Geog4a exam help please

My exam for aqa geography field work paper is on the 1st of feb and i really need help with the fieldwork part! i mean can someone tell me why they would choose the location they did ( i went to peak district) or any help in general would be lovely!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Im doing 4a as well. It depends like what geographical feature you were researching for fieldwork. and thats like a reason for the location so you can say you went to that location coz that geographical feature is there. im still not 100% on this exam
Reply 2
Original post by idealized
My exam for aqa geography field work paper is on the 1st of feb and i really need help with the fieldwork part! i mean can someone tell me why they would choose the location they did ( i went to peak district) or any help in general would be lovely!!!! :biggrin:

For location, relate it to your aim. You say things like, my aim was (for example) looking at rivers and the Peak District had x, y and z features of rivers.

You can also talk about accessibility (however, I saw the markscheme and you don't get many points for this :redface:).

This is probably bad advice but er...last January exams (which is the only real paper released for 4A so every school in the country has probably practised it) had a question on Location sooooo :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
I think that you should just relate it back to your aim eg. I went to the River Caul Bourne, Isle of with and my aim was to evaluate the flood risk. I chose that location because it flooded previously on December 30th 1993 so I wanted to go and check if it was at risk of flooding again and also to check if it followed the Bradshaw model.

So basically I think that you should just do some more research on the peak district and go and ask your teachers who came with you to do the fieldwork.

:smile:
Reply 4
Chi Square Test..........................

The test is for calculating the degree of difference between expected and observed data - do the expected values have to be equal? If not, what formula can I use?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending