The Student Room Group

Not going to have any flatmates possibly for next year (1st year student)

Well looks like everyone else has flatmates next year except me lol. Feels bad, and i don't know what to do since everyone has signed agreements already and i'm basically alone next year unless i do something.
Reply 1
You could take the willing loner route like me and find a studio flat. :biggrin:

Or if you do want flatmates, there WILL be posters looking for housemates etc going up around this time of year...for some reason these seem to be concentrated in university toilet cubicles. :P Failing this, find a property and advertise for housemates yourself.
I was in your position a few years ago. Is there an accommodation notice board at your uni, its likely there will be loads of people advertising for housemates. I ended up with three great people I hadn't known before and met my best friend. Otherwise go to your accommodation officer who should be able to provide you with lists of available places or check your local paper.
Reply 3
My uni does a lot of adverts for events where people meet others in this situation. I wouldn't be surprised if you did. Also if you have some sort of university message board (uspace?), there are often people with like a 6-bedroom place but 5 people.

Alternatively, halls for another year? Not horrendous, plus you could new people?

Good luck! I failed in finding a flatmate, so I'm moving in with my brother :biggrin:
Rent a room in a house ?
Reply 5
Original post by hippieglitter
I was in your position a few years ago. Is there an accommodation notice board at your uni, its likely there will be loads of people advertising for housemates. I ended up with three great people I hadn't known before and met my best friend. Otherwise go to your accommodation officer who should be able to provide you with lists of available places or check your local paper.

Yeah, i wouldn't mind sharing with people if they were similar lads to me. I just don't like living with the people i do now, totally different personalities and it seems EVERYONE around this accomodation is the same.

Is there any sites where i can see adverts for my university's students advertising like that? I'm at Newcastle Uni.
Reply 6
www.easyroommate.com
www.gumtree.com

Find people on here who will be in similar situations.
Reply 7
Original post by Polly1101
www.easyroommate.com
www.gumtree.com

Find people on here who will be in similar situations.

Good idea, hope i don't end up with a psycho or something.
Reply 8
U mad?! Reapply for halls maybe?
Obviously there are the practicalities, but first of all you need to deal with the fact of being left out by others. I've been there myself, it wasn't a nice experience. However those people were never going to be true friends, so you're best off forgetting them and starting again.
Reply 10
Original post by Mick Travis
Obviously there are the practicalities, but first of all you need to deal with the fact of being left out by others. I've been there myself, it wasn't a nice experience. However those people were never going to be true friends, so you're best off forgetting them and starting again.

Nah, i've never really cared about the others. They're not my sort of scum lol. It's probably my fault as i know i'm not the type of person that would willingly hang out with them, because tbh they're a bit too reserved really. (none of them are what you'd call typical 'lads' and for me it was a real culture shock as i always had the same type of friends all throughout my life)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending