The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
Original post by dmz
when'd you find out?

I got the e-mail through last thursday but only saw it yesterday cos i've been on holiday! have you got yours through yet?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hi guys, once accepted the unconditional offer, can I start looking for an accomodation at the uni campus?
Reply 2422
Original post by naplescore
Hi guys, once accepted the unconditional offer, can I start looking for an accomodation at the uni campus?

The deadline for applying for uni accommodation was the start of this month. You could contact the accom department though, they might be able to help.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2423
Original post by alexpower
Yay! another Tannery person :smile: What course are you doing?

yay :biggrin: i can't wait to move in now! roll on september :smile: i'm doing law, what about you?
Reply 2424
Original post by gina.x
I got the e-mail through last thursday but only saw it yesterday cos i've been on holiday! have you got yours through yet?

nope. Still waiting, hope i don't get an empty block or something

Original post by naplescore

yep, accommodation's been allocated to people with unconditiinal right now
Original post by gina.x
yay :biggrin: i can't wait to move in now! roll on september :smile: i'm doing law, what about you?

ah cool! im doing medicine :smile:
im really confused...from looking on the student room people have said the Tannerys not actually university of leeds accommodation, so will we be with other students then from Leeds met etc?
The answer is no. It's just owned by a private company. UNITE to be precise.
Original post by Teh User
The answer is no. It's just owned by a private company. UNITE to be precise.

oh ok, good!
Reply 2428
Original post by alexpower
ah cool! im doing medicine :smile:
im really confused...from looking on the student room people have said the Tannerys not actually university of leeds accommodation, so will we be with other students then from Leeds met etc?

ah sounds good! :smile:
i know i was confused about that at first, but it's just leeds uni students i think!
do you know what date you're planning on moving in on? x
Original post by gina.x
ah sounds good! :smile:
i know i was confused about that at first, but it's just leeds uni students i think!
do you know what date you're planning on moving in on? x

yeah, good good, i want to feel properly part of the uni kinda thing
I dont know...i dont want to go too early cos it'l be quiet, but not too late that everyone already knows each other! maybe the saturday or friday before freshers week? what about you?
heyyyaa! anyone else waiting to hear about James Baillie? *fingers crossed* hehe
i'm unconditional for history of art with museum studies...so excited for september :smile:))
Reply 2431
Original post by T-Toe
Lol, just a generic e-mail saying good luck with exam results and general university stuff :smile:

Ah good oh, didn't want to be missing out on anything crucial!! I am unconditional so probably why I didn't get one then...
Reply 2432
Original post by FloRaRa
Ah good oh, didn't want to be missing out on anything crucial!! I am unconditional so probably why I didn't get one then...

Well done!! What course?? I hope I get an unconditional too. Which accommodation have you been placed at? What are you bringing to university? How much do you intend to spend during freshers? I'm not sure if £100 from my savings is enough :frown:
Reply 2433
Original post by T-Toe
Well done!! What course?? I hope I get an unconditional too. Which accommodation have you been placed at? What are you bringing to university? How much do you intend to spend during freshers? I'm not sure if £100 from my savings is enough :frown:

Haha thanks!! I am doing Medicine, and I am in Devonshire :smile:
Bringing as in kitchen stuff or as in everything? I already have loads of room stuff, I went to boarding school for 7 years so already have all that. I did spend quite a bit at ikea for all the kitchen stuff though, but then again my cousin only took a saucepan to uni and borrowed everything else off flatmates- so either way!

I have no idea how much I will spend, probably double what I allocate though knowing me!! Don't think £100 will be enough though, but may be if you budget really well. Most people I know survive on between £80-£100 a week at uni, but freshers is quite a bit more I think as so much going out etc!!

What are you doing? And what hall have you applied to?
Original post by dmz
nope. Still waiting, hope i don't get an empty block or something

yep, accommodation's been allocated to people with unconditiinal right now

I got an unconditional offer. gonna give a try!:wink:
Original post by T-Toe
Lol, just a generic e-mail saying good luck with exam results and general university stuff :smile:

I didn't get one, they don't love me :emo:
Reply 2436
This may seem like a silly question, but when it asked whether you'd like a quieter environment, was that referring to noise (i.e cars going by etc) or quieter as in more studious, less going out...?
Reply 2437
Original post by livelove
This may seem like a silly question, but when it asked whether you'd like a quieter environment, was that referring to noise (i.e cars going by etc) or quieter as in more studious, less going out...?

It means quieter as in the people living there don't want to live with really noisy people.
Reply 2438
Original post by Bella Occhi
I didn't get one, they don't love me :emo:

Don't worry, this e-mail was solely for biological science firm choice applicants :smile:
Original post by Gemini92
You can't apply for accom until you have made Leeds Uni your firm choice.

Yep I have already made Leeds my firm choice for Law and I'll be entering in Sept 2012. So when should I apply for the accom? :smile:

Latest