The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2920
I see there are now loads more accommodation offers, anyone in Devonshire? I am F3.16. Anyone close?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by S2econdComing
Does any one know.. what the accommodation is based on?..
Like how do they pick which people goes to there halls?

isit based on personal statements or isit just first come.. first serve

Neither - it's as fair as we can make it so anyone who has put a particular hall stands as much of a chance as anyone else of getting it. Basically, the system just slots people in.
Reply 2922
hi how do you find out what accomodation you have been given ... is it via email ??
Reply 2923
Original post by ashleighriot
O1.23
You?

I'm in O2. 14 so i guess that means i'm on the floor above you?
When are you planning on moving in?
Reply 2924
Original post by lucym24
hi how do you find out what accomodation you have been given ... is it via email ??

yep, keep a lookout :smile:
Reply 2925
Can you get your accomodation offers sent over the weekend.. or is just monday-friday? :smile:
Original post by Jordan M
Can you get your accomodation offers sent over the weekend.. or is just monday-friday? :smile:

I seem to remember that accomoffice said a couple of days ago that offers would be sent out on Friday, and then Monday. So it doesn't seem that they're working on weekends.
when you guys all get your accommodation can you tell us how it is for next year? :P xx
Reply 2928
Original post by victoria_hk
when you guys all get your accommodation can you tell us how it is for next year? :P xx

What do you mean?
Ahh, I'm scared about the accomodation because if they're leaving people until last it might mean they haven't got the one they want :s-smilie:
Original post by (:Becca(:
Ahh, I'm scared about the accomodation because if they're leaving people until last it might mean they haven't got the one they want :s-smilie:

From the patterns I've seen on here, it appears they're allocating accomodation by certain halls first.
Original post by Teh User
From the patterns I've seen on here, it appears they're allocating accomodation by certain halls first.

Ah ok, it's not so much a case of desperately wanting my first choice, it's a case of really really not wanting the one that was described as quiet and popular with postgrads and internationals (don't remember the name).
And one I could afford would be nice...
I don't suppose they've allocated the Lyddon Hall offers yet? And while I'm at it, any Lyddon hopefuls?
Original post by (:Becca(:
Ah ok, it's not so much a case of desperately wanting my first choice, it's a case of really really not wanting the one that was described as quiet and popular with postgrads and internationals (don't remember the name).
And one I could afford would be nice...

Sentinel Towers? I'm similar, but I made sure social events were at or near the top of my preferences list. I wouldn't like Sentinel Towers I don't think.
Reply 2934
medical science anyone?
also i applied for the tannery but havent heard anything yet, i keep checking my email just in case :P
i can't waitt!!
Original post by Teh User
Sentinel Towers? I'm similar, but I made sure social events were at or near the top of my preferences list. I wouldn't like Sentinel Towers I don't think.

That's the one, I really wouldn't like to end up in there.
Reply 2936
Hi

I applied after the deadline (1st july) for student halls and private accomodation are fully booked! I am now unsure as to whether the university will still accomodate me. Any body in the same boat? x
Is there any way to find a copy of my application? Can't remember which preferences I put!
Reply 2938
Am I going to be the only one moving in on the sunday? I am coming up to Leeds from plymouth on saturday morning and going shopping (as I am going up on train with only a suitcase :frown: ) for decorations and pillows and food - leeds has an ikea no? Possibly staying with relatives and then moving in on sunday. Should I move in on saturday instead?
Reply 2939
Original post by Umyzara
Hi

I applied after the deadline (1st july) for student halls and private accomodation are fully booked! I am now unsure as to whether the university will still accomodate me. Any body in the same boat? x

Pretty much, I applied via Clearing! We'll have to see what they have left from 1st Sept... hopefully not that mainly post-grad/international hall I keep hearing about though :s-smilie:

Latest