The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
good :smile:
hahaha I made a yougo when i thought i was going uni last year, never went on it though :tongue:.....my ex didn't even have facebook :lolwut:

didnt even have facebook!! omg i would not live, literally im on facebook when ever im at home x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dmz
haha, it was those 4 i struggled with as well :lol: I went from CD to Leodis to JBP to CD to JBP to Tannery. Initially i was interested in tannery but i thought it was post grads only and i read quite a lot of bad things before i even got rejected for medicine by leeds so when i came to going to leeds i wasn't interested in it. But everything taken into consideration it's the most logial option for me :biggrin: what are you studying? and what your priorities?

Great minds think alike and all that :P
I'm doing English, I'm really not fussy, just want an en suite and some people I can get along with, it'd just be nice to go somewhere pretty like JB :smile:
I just read on a thread from last year though, if you put in the preferences box where you can specify a priority your second choice...like if I put down The Tannery as a back up then they would probably give it to you provided it wasn't full...worth thinking about?
Reply 1102
Original post by Nicola.Garner
didnt even have facebook!! omg i would not live, literally im on facebook when ever im at home x

I know, gap year pushed me towards tsr nearly 6000 posts, hopefully i can get this account banned in the summer cos i don't want to spend uni on this and be one of those people making threads about not having a friend, lol.
Reply 1103
Original post by hoopyfrood199
Great minds think alike and all that :P
I'm doing English, I'm really not fussy, just want an en suite and some people I can get along with, it'd just be nice to go somewhere pretty like JB :smile:
I just read on a thread from last year though, if you put in the preferences box where you can specify a priority your second choice...like if I put down The Tannery as a back up then they would probably give it to you provided it wasn't full...worth thinking about?

Have you seen the form? apparently we can't get a second choice but your preferences is kind of directed at your second choice if you're applying to JBP, you don't actually write down the accommodation, so unless you can put down the perfect combination to get the tannery? worth asking accomoffice though.

Same, and a room/bathroom/kitchen that looks nice, lol. And the people matters, worse come to worse i'll walk 10mins into town to a club or something
How many hours are you in a week? You can't be in clubs 24/7 though tbh, i'll try to get a tv so hopefully i'll lure some people out if they're anti-social, lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dmz
I know, gap year pushed me towards tsr nearly 6000 posts, hopefully i can get this account banned in the summer cos i don't want to spend uni on this and be one of those people making threads about not having a friend, lol.

ahaha yeah 6000 posts daily lol, and yeah same i wanna be out there enjoying uni :smile: x
Original post by dmz
Have you seen the form? apparently we can't get a second choice but your preferences is kind of directed at your second choice if you're applying to JBP, you don't actually write down the accommodation, so unless you can put down the perfect combination to get the tannery? worth asking accomoffice though.

Same, and a room/bathroom/kitchen that looks nice, lol. And the people matters, worse come to worse i'll walk 10mins into town to a club or something

Yeah I have, there's a list of priorities and you have to rate them all like 1-5, one of the options is to write in what you want, so like if you want a certain amount of people in your flat, so you COULD put in that you'd like to be considered for somewhere else. This is what accomoffice said when someone asked if they could write in JBP as a back up option:

"We don't frown upon anything But as JBP is also very oversubscribed, it's unlikely we'd be able to put you there - it will be full of people who picked it as their choice. It's only really worth putting down a "second choice" if it's somewhere that isn't oversubscribed."

I reckon it's an option anyway... other than that just don't make it difficult with loads of requirements like no smoking, no mixed gender, special dietry requirements etc.
Reply 1106
Yeah I have, there's a list of priorities and you have to rate them all like 1-5, one of the options is to write in what you want, so like if you want a certain amount of people in your flat, so you COULD put in that you'd like to be considered for somewhere else. This is what accomoffice said when someone asked if they could write in JBP as a back up option:

"We don't frown upon anything But as JBP is also very oversubscribed, it's unlikely we'd be able to put you there - it will be full of people who picked it as their choice. It's only really worth putting down a "second choice" if it's somewhere that isn't oversubscribed."

I reckon it's an option anyway... other than that just don't make it difficult with loads of requirements like no smoking, no mixed gender, special dietry requirements etc.

Oh, think i should apply for JB and then put tannery down? I can't keep changing my mind though, plus what if it does get oversubscribed?
Original post by dmz
Oh, think i should apply for JB and then put tannery down? I can't keep changing my mind though, plus what if it does get oversubscribed?

That's what I think I'm gonna do...just have to hope whoever allocates it is feeling nice!
I don't see why it should be oversubscribed tbh, it's a pretty long way from being the least popular to oversubscribed... but if you think you'll be just as happy at The Tannery you may aswell put that down as a first choice!
Reply 1108
That's what I think I'm gonna do...just have to hope whoever allocates it is feeling nice!
I don't see why it should be oversubscribed tbh, it's a pretty long way from being the least popular to oversubscribed... but if you think you'll be just as happy at The Tannery you may aswell put that down as a first choice!

JB is cheaper, i've settled for tannery for a couple of days, thanks for wrecking that for me :tongue: lol
Original post by dmz
JB is cheaper, i've settled for tannery for a couple of days, thanks for wrecking that for me :tongue: lol

Ahahahah! Sorry!
Reply 1110
Ahahahah! Sorry!

I'll speak to accommoffice and if that's what she says i'll go JBP and do tannery as second choice, quite happy in both really
I finally decided.

JBP it is.

Applied and finished at last...the feeling is awesome :biggrin:
Reply 1112
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
I finally decided.

JBP it is.

Applied and finished at last...the feeling is awesome :biggrin:
managed to get a back up in?
Original post by dmz
managed to get a back up in?

On the application? No...I thought that would detract from my willingness to go to JBP? :s-smilie:

How does the back-up process work? I mean, do you have to write it in the 'other factors'?
Reply 1114
On the application? No...I thought that would detract from my willingness to go to JBP? :s-smilie:

How does the back-up process work? I mean, do you have to write it in the 'other factors'?

i don't know. Not been on. That's why i asked you, lol
Original post by dmz
i don't know. Not been on. That's why i asked you, lol

No, there is no option for a 'back-up' - the application itself is very basic.

I suppose they just place you in similar accommodation to what your preferences are. So, if I don't get JBP I think it'd either be Leodis or The Tannery for me...if I got anything else it wouldn't really fit well with my preferences.

:biggrin:

Have you heard anything back yet? In regards to your app for Leeds?
Reply 1116
No, there is no option for a 'back-up' - the application itself is very basic.

I suppose they just place you in similar accommodation to what your preferences are. So, if I don't get JBP I think it'd either be Leodis or The Tannery for me...if I got anything else it wouldn't really fit well with my preferences.

:biggrin:

Have you heard anything back yet? In regards to your app for Leeds?

Oh right, I'll ask the rep if i can't get a back up in I'm going for the tannery

Nah called him today and apparently I'd be okay with abb, but i have aabb in the prefered subjects, said they haven't made a decision but there's no reason for me not to be okay
Reply 1117
Original post by prose before hoes
i finally decided.

Jbp it is.

Applied and finished at last...the feeling is awesome :d

you're not going to get in.
Original post by Xabi17
you're not going to get in.

Do you know that 100% for sure? :wink:

We'll see, and if I don't, at least I tried...it's only for a year after all. :tongue:
is the tannery oversubscribed?

Latest