The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1220
Original post by Nicola.Garner
ahahaha thats cool :smile: ill accept :wink: also im here for all your viewing day questions because i went that day and saw pretty much all the self catered accomodation :smile: and boddington hall :smile:

Your welcome :smile: x

made one but never used it :tongue:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dmz
made one but never used it :tongue:

LAME you so should :smile: x
Reply 1222
LAME you so should :smile: x

saw your page. Nearly did actuarial science btw :tongue:
Original post by dmz
saw your page. Nearly did actuarial science btw :tongue:

Awww mate,,, should have added me!!
and why didnt you!! i would know yet another boy doing it... i am yet to find a girl :frown: x
Reply 1224
Awww mate,,, should have added me!!
and why didnt you!! i would know yet another boy doing it... i am yet to find a girl :frown: x

Haha then you'd know who i am :tongue:
i know another girl on here doing it. I fail at applied maths. As much as i like maths i don't see it as a feasible career tho the money's very tempting
Original post by dmz
Haha then you'd know who i am :tongue:
i know another girl on here doing it. I fail at applied maths. As much as i like maths i don't see it as a feasible career tho the money's very tempting

Exactly my point, at the minute its just dmz i have no idea who you are.... i cant find you :P
ohh do you,, whats her name?? at leeds?? or exciting :smile: ahah thats fair, the moneys what grabbeb me at first, but then i devled deeper, and it was a beautiful career path that i found :smile:x
Reply 1226
Has anyone applied for Charles Morris? and does anyone have any idea what its meant to be like?
Reply 1227
Exactly my point, at the minute its just dmz i have no idea who you are.... i cant find you :P
ohh do you,, whats her name?? at leeds?? or exciting :smile: ahah thats fair, the moneys what grabbeb me at first, but then i devled deeper, and it was a beautiful career path that i found :smile:x

Haha, my picture on it is not really up to date anyway and my profile is as cheesy as a bebo page. Parts of my identity are floating about on here somewhere

i can't remember. Starts with s and she's a subscriber. Leeds and Kent like you :tongue:. Really. I borrowed a couple of books on it and nothing really sparked me, mind me asking what's drawn you to it. Not questioning the profession just wondering if I've made a mistake. Lol
Original post by paddy93
Has anyone applied for Charles Morris? and does anyone have any idea what its meant to be like?

i applied for charles morris :smile: and i went to see it at the accommodation open day.
it's made up of dobree and whetton and storm jameson court/hall.

d and w has bathrooms shared between two people and the bathroom is between two bedrooms so when you use it, you lock the other person's door that accesses it, if that makes sense. the rooms are a good size and the common room is not bad. it has been refurbished.

s.j is brand new and has ensuite bathrooms. the bedrooms have a lot of storage (so may feel smaller than other bedrooms) and the kitchen/common room is large and has all the equipment you'd need and more. there are pool tables and a table tennis and overall quite modern :tongue: .
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1229
Original post by dmz
how? Takes less than 10mins from leodis to Parkinson

yeah but another 10-15 mins to the medical building..lol im not sure
google maps can only be so accurate :P
Reply 1230
Original post by N.chilz
yeah but another 10-15 mins to the medical building..lol im not sure
google maps can only be so accurate :P

it was 15mins off with Clarence dock. How far is the medical school from parkinson. I'm sure it doesn't take 10mins to walk from 1 end of the campus to the other
Reply 1231
Original post by HappyMeal
i applied for charles morris :smile: and i went to see it at the accommodation open day.
it's made up of dobree and whetton and storm jameson court/hall.

d and w has bathrooms shared between two people and the bathroom is between two bedrooms so when you use it, you lock the other person's door that accesses it, if that makes sense. the rooms are a good size and the common room is not bad. it has been refurbished.

s.j is brand new and has ensuite bathrooms. the bedrooms have a lot of storage (so may feel smaller than other bedrooms) and the kitchen/common room is large and has all the equipment you'd need and more. there are pool tables and a table tennis and overall quite modern :tongue: .

well thats pretty much all i need to know, thank you! how close is it to the campus?
Original post by dmz
Haha, my picture on it is not really up to date anyway and my profile is as cheesy as a bebo page. Parts of my identity are floating about on here somewhere

i can't remember. Starts with s and she's a subscriber. Leeds and Kent like you :tongue:. Really. I borrowed a couple of books on it and nothing really sparked me, mind me asking what's drawn you to it. Not questioning the profession just wondering if I've made a mistake. Lol

Ahaha if anyones bothered enough they will find your whole identity on here on a mix of sites :P, im not going to lie, my whole life is on the internet if people want to find it :P....

anddd ohh thats really interesting!! is she one of your friends???, and also is leeds her first choice too?? you probebrly dont remember :smile:
well if nothing sparked you maybe it isnt the right career path for you, but it dont know :P.
also yeah its fine, theres a really long storny to it though :P
like i said the first thing that attracted my attention was the pay packet, but that was with alll the financial sort of roles, but when i got into actually looking into it what i would find most interesting, i went to the careers lady at my high school and was like whats the possible careers choices i have that i will be able to use my maths skill for?? and she was accontancy, but i thoiught that was what everyone got into doing so i wanted to be more unique than that :P. and then we sparked up this conversation about being an actuary an it just enthralled me, i was finacinated that i could be in charge of maybe bits of different companies, calculating the risk of a company doing stuff like investing in a new product or whether the pension plan they have set up was in the best insterest of the business/employees.... i dont know i just really enjoyed the conversation.
but then after the conversation i told my mum about it and then forgot about my options and just concentrated on passing my gcses well.
when i joing college i did the same thing with a different career lady, to find out which finacnical career would suit me best. and e got up on the topic of becoming an actuary and i was engrossed with what she was saying all over again (at this point i hadnt remembered that i had the talk about the same career in high school) when i got back home i told my mum and she was like wasnt that the same career that you chose last year... and it was, so i think i was just drawn to it by fate....
The course its self i chose because of the exceptions i should gain and the oppourtunity to understand if i actually want to do this.... but i dunno :smile: ... you probs havnt made a mistake, and im sure you couod switch course. x

also sorry for the essay :smile:x
Original post by -Christabel-
lol I know I hope so too :smile: I'm resitting a chemistry module so I have that exam at the end of may, and then my first a2 exam is on the 15th of june, how bout u?

and good on you, I've noticed that I go in a cycle, some days I'll be really productive but others I get next to nothing done, and I really haven't got time for next to nothing days man, exams are looming so close and everything depends on those exam results, aint nooo wayyy I'm gonna cry on results day, it needs to be smiles all round :biggrin:

Oh thats quite soon then! I dont have my first exam until the 13th of june then i have two on the 15th :frown: and my last one is on the 24th so they are all over and done with within about 10 days :eek:
Im scared haha!

Yeah, i sort of set myelf a taste of 3 hours on a night and whenever i can squeeze some in through the day in my free's at sixth form! But i've been okay i just keep thinking uni uni uni uni haha!:smile:
No way! I hope im not crying i want to be happy!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by paddy93
well thats pretty much all i need to know, thank you! how close is it to the campus?

no probs. it's actually on campus, near the student union.
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Oh thats quite soon then! I dont have my first exam until the 13th of june then i have two on the 15th :frown: and my last one is on the 24th so they are all over and done with within about 10 days :eek:
Im scared haha!

Yeah, i sort of set myelf a taste of 3 hours on a night and whenever i can squeeze some in through the day in my free's at sixth form! But i've been okay i just keep thinking uni uni uni uni haha!:smile:
No way! I hope im not crying i want to be happy!! :biggrin::biggrin:

my A2 exams are over by the 25th june as well so 10 days for me as well

and lol I just might try the uni uni uni uni uni mantra and see if that does me any good :rolleyes:, with me its not that I won't sit down to learn, its the fact that I just keep falling asleep, so I plan on getting 2 chem chapters done 2day but to keep me alert I'm going for a jog now :biggrin:

leeds leeds leeds leeds leeds uni uni uni uni....
Reply 1236
Just firmed leeds butt AAHHH now can't decide between Oxley, James Bailie and North Hill Court!
can't decide for ensuite or not but good social side is ESSENTIAL!!!
i didn't get to go to the open day butt they all look nice on the pictures!
Any ideas??
Reply 1237
would charles morris be a good choice for somewhere that would be very sociable, in a attractive area, but somewhere that some serious work could also be done?
One thing im still confused about is rental period

whats all that about? XD :confused:

I get that obviously it's how many weeks you rent the place for...but why is that important? does it mean that for some of the accommodation youll have to leave for the holidays?? :frown:
Original post by -Christabel-
my A2 exams are over by the 25th june as well so 10 days for me as well

and lol I just might try the uni uni uni uni uni mantra and see if that does me any good :rolleyes:, with me its not that I won't sit down to learn, its the fact that I just keep falling asleep, so I plan on getting 2 chem chapters done 2day but to keep me alert I'm going for a jog now :biggrin:

leeds leeds leeds leeds leeds uni uni uni uni....

Oh thats alright then! I cant wait for them to be over our school then has our prom (even though its an all girls school haha) i dont even think people are bringing boyfriends haah! :| And then our leavers dinner with all our year & teachers its going to be so exciting! :biggrin:

Oh, i cant jog to save my life tredmill all the way.. haah :rolleyes:
Yeah uni uni uni uni leeds leeds leeds leeds! :biggrin: Im sure it'll work!

Latest