The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oi, you lot, go spam in your 2011 thread and don't intimidate the 2012 applicants :p:
Original post by Zoedotdot
Oi, you lot, go spam in your 2011 thread and don't intimidate the 2012 applicants :p:

:eviltongue:

I thought that the whole point was to scare them off? :biggrin:
Original post by Doughnuts!!

With information, not with spam :p:

:O
It's a conspiracy!!!!
Original post by Zoedotdot
HEY, I could be your mother. That would be creepy.

Although, it would cement the whole oldness argument. Otherwise that would be REALLY creepy... :rolleyes:
Original post by Bubbles2010
Hello people :smile:
I got an offer for medicine for 2011 entry (Murray edwards)
if anyone has any questions about exams, grades, admission tests, interviews (lol i had 7!! so i'm kinda a medicine interview guru :tongue:), feel free to PM or quote me :smile:
Good luck!

Hi, did you do any AS retakes?
Reply 186
Either Economics or Land Economy at St. Johns..
What were all your GCSEs and January AS results like?
Original post by joshgoldman
Either Economics or Land Economy at St. Johns..
What were all your GCSEs and January AS results like?

GCSES
A*A*A*A*A*AAAAAAA
Jan Results
Economics 100/100:smile:
Chemistry 90/100:smile:
Maths C1 86/100:smile:
Biology (Retaking) 74/100:mad:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sagarkanabar10
GCSES
A*A*A*A*A*AAAAAAA
Jan Results
Economics 100/100:smile:
Chemistry 90/100:smile:
Maths C1 86/100:smile:
Biology (Retaking) 74/100:mad:

What are you applying for?
Original post by maths134
I was merely pointing it out =p that was only on a 3 year average mind.

Ha ha, when i said "If you go to all that effort..." I meant if someone actually bothered to get the data for the last 10 years, not just curiously flicking through some stats. Picking where you want to sleep for the next 3 years doesn't require *that* much effort :wink:
Original post by TimmonaPortella

Medicine, PPE or Natural Sciences.
Reply 191
Original post by Welsh Lady
Would you mind telling me how much they charged?
It would be interesting to know :wink:

Cost about £25 IIRC. Food not included.
Medicine, PPE or Natural Sciences.

I'm assuming you meant to write PPS, and slipped. Unless you're considering applying to the other place.

Anyway, I suggest you resit core 1. It's an easy module, which a lot of applicants will have high 90s in.

Hi, did you do any AS retakes?

Hey, no i didnt, but dont worry if you have to retake one or two exams. I know a friend who has an offer from Caius (for compsci) who retook 2 maths exams
Hope this helps :smile:
Hey, no i didnt, but dont worry if you have to retake one or two exams. I know a friend who has an offer from Caius (for compsci) who retook 2 maths exams
Hope this helps :smile:

Hey thanks.. The interview process. How did it go?. Do they give BMAT a high priority?

:smile:
Reply 195
Architecture, either Trinity Hall or Pembroke which one d'you reckon is easier to get into with architecture?

Hey thanks.. The interview process. How did it go?. Do they give BMAT a high priority?

The interviews were really good, and in a strange way, i kinda enjoyed them :smile: the interviewers were all really friendly too :smile:. The interviews themselves were very academic, and you do get qu that you have no idea about//havent learnt, but you dont have to give the 'right' answer, as long as you justify your reasoning.
I applied to caius originally, and they give bmat a very high priority, so although my interview was really good, my bmat was too bad to be given an offer (it was 3.8, 5.7, 3A). :smile: but they pooled me, and i was reinterviewed at sidney sussex n murray edwards (which place less emphasis on bmat)
The interviews were really good, and in a strange way, i kinda enjoyed them :smile: the interviewers were all really friendly too :smile:. The interviews themselves were very academic, and you do get qu that you have no idea about//havent learnt, but you dont have to give the 'right' answer, as long as you justify your reasoning.
I applied to caius originally, and they give bmat a very high priority, so although my interview was really good, my bmat was too bad to be given an offer (it was 3.8, 5.7, 3A). :smile: but they pooled me, and i was reinterviewed at sidney sussex n murray edwards (which place less emphasis on bmat)

Thanks, what were your GCSES and A-Levels, if you don't mind me asking. :smile:

Thanks, what were your GCSES and A-Levels, if you don't mind me asking. :smile:

11A*s for GCSE, and 6As at AS level (maths, chem, bio, phys, history n general studies)
and predicted 5A*s :smile:
Reply 199
Original post by TimmonaPortella

We're in a similar sort of boat then I guess!
Your GCSEs were better...
3A* 7A at GCSE

Jan Results
Econ 94/100
C1 100/100
D1 90/100

Latest

Trending

Trending