The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Groat
Don't expect any interview invitations or rejections until midway through November.

My interview is ONE MONTH away from now, on 27th of October (predicted)! and I'd be having my mock interview held by my college on this coming Monday! :eek:
Original post by hassi94
I added you.

And I know; Xero Xenith made me poop my pants until I read he was applying to Kings! :s-smilie:

Also, want to be added to the wiki? If so just tell me as many details as you can provide on the table contents for you :smile:

Username: Maths134
Course: Mathematics
College: Sidney
GCSE: 7A*'s 4A's, C
AS- levels: AAAAA
UMS Average: 95%
Predicted: A*A*A*A
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5982
Original post by esztereva
(Thanks again, Hassi. :smile:)

As for the SAQ - do you think it's worth submitting your UCAS 'early' in order to have more time to complete it? How much time does it usually take?

Nah, it doesn't really take that much time. I went on vacation on the 15th last year and had to do the SAQ in Prague in a shabby bar, it took me about half an hour. Might take a bit longer though since I'm a foreign student so I had no UMS etc. to fill in, but the only advantage you get by sending it off earlier is that you don't have dealine-related stress :tongue:
Original post by maths134
Username: Maths134
Course: Mathematics
College: Sidney
GCSE: 7A*'s 4A's, C
AS- levels: AAAAA
UMS Average: 95%

A2 predictions? or leave them out? :smile:
Original post by fruktas
I have already submitted my application and SAQ for Mathematics, at Trinity on 12th of September.

Has anyone got any interviews or rejections yet ? :smile:

I'm applying Trinity as well :woo: I will be sending my application this week....I've done all the filling....just for the referance and predictions :biggrin:

have you recieved a reply?
Original post by hassi94
A2 predictions? or leave them out? :smile:

Added them A*A*A*A

Original post by Groat
Okay, maybe my previous statement should have excluded internationally interviewed students.

Good luck!

I hate to break it to you, but Maths and Further Maths are seen as one subject when working out the UMS average (although UMS aren't a good correlation for Mathematics courses so it shouldn't matter) so your average is lower than 95% over your top three.

Erm when applying for maths they are counted as two separate subjects. Danke.
Reply 5986
Original post by Nicholasng925
My interview is ONE MONTH away from now, on 27th of October (predicted)! and I'd be having my mock interview held by my college on this coming Monday! :eek:

good luck!

I'm going to be internationally interviewed too, in Canada :biggrin:

[I always assumed that internationally interviewed applicants don't get mock interviews, since my school certainly has no idea what Cambridge interviews are like... but now I'm slightly worried that some schools do provide mocks, and others don't!!]
Added them A*A*A*A

Erm when applying for maths they are counted as two separate subjects. Danke.

Done :smile:
Original post by Groat
Okay, maybe my previous statement should have excluded internationally interviewed students.

Good luck!

Thanks Groat! :smile:
Original post by -raisa
good luck!

I'm going to be internationally interviewed too, in Canada :biggrin:

[I always assumed that internationally interviewed applicants don't get mock interviews, since my school certainly has no idea what Cambridge interviews are like... but now I'm slightly worried that some schools do provide mocks, and others don't!!]

Thanks raisa! Good luck to you too! I'm going to be interviewed in Malaysia.

Well, I think most of the colleges wouldn't provide mock interview, but only certain colleges do. Anyways, you can always go to the Cambridge website to check out how the actual interview is like, on their atmosphere and stuffs related.
Original post by hassi94
Done :smile:

Thanks =D. Good luck !!
Original post by Nicholasng925

At least the stressful time will be over for you quite soon :wink:
I december, you can read all our panicky posts and tell yourself that you don`t have to worry any more.
Good luck :biggrin:
Are there any other Welsh applicants around? :smile:
Original post by Groat
Your proof is?

Article.

If you place all your Maths modules on the SAQ under one heading, how are they going to work out what you got in both of them when modules are easily changeable?

'Most relevant’ subjects means the
subjects that are identified in the University undergraduate prospectus as essential, highly desirable or desirable to the proposed
course of study. Where a student did not complete three ‘relevant’ subjects, ‘relevant’ subjects were included first and then ‘best’
subjects completed the tally of three. '

hmm look on the website and notice that the three 'relevant' subjects for mathematics are physics, fm and maths, then notice science subjects ask for the top 3 'relevant' subjects. Kthnx.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Groat
From the same article.

I'm sure you're clever enough to realise they aren't going to reject you by only having Maths, Further Maths and Physics - they would simply average your two subjects.

See my above edit. Its essentially a special case for maths.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Groat
Yes, of course they are both relevant, but for the purposes of AS averages (and the SAQ), Maths and Further Maths are counted as one subject.

The above quote disagrees. They average your three most relevant, which then applying for maths is maths and fm (and they include physics as useful i believe). Any other subject i agree they are grouped but when applying for maths they are not.
hey guys, I took 5 units of math at AS (decided to FM late as this is the 1st time my school is offering it to A2). this means that strictly speaking i have only an AS in math, so when calculating my math average, I should only use C1,C2,S1 instead of all 5. Am i correct?
Original post by Groat
Where does the above quote disagree?

Its states the term 'most relevant' implies the three subjects mentioned on the subject page as 'essential', preferred etc. On the maths subject page they list maths, further maths and physics. If you look at the policy here on the website called 'the facts' it says that they take the top three 'relevant' subjects for science and arts top three best. As they imply the top three 'relevant subjects' for maths would be fm, m and physics.
Original post by Welsh Lady
At least the stressful time will be over for you quite soon :wink:
I december, you can read all our panicky posts and tell yourself that you don`t have to worry any more.
Good luck :biggrin:

Yeah true, although my preparation time is rather short compared to everyone else. :wink: Thanks anyways and good luck to you too! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Groat
x

x

If it helps guys I just emailed like 5 different Cambridge email addresses about the subject so hopefully we'll see soon.

Latest

Trending

Trending