The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Violet_apple

I left it until the last day last time and they sent me FOUR reminders in 10 hours... :smile:

Haha, I'm hoping it won't come to that! I just need to bring myself to finish it but it's just so long..

Are you reapplying? 'Cause you said "last time" :smile:
Original post by jesusofsuburbia

Original post by jesusofsuburbia
What did you guys write in the "anything else you want to tell us"? Is it just a chance for one final plea?

"If you let me in, I will dance around trafalgar square in a banana suit...just in case that sways your judgement."
Original post by mrsnabokov
I was just planning on taking it into school, do I not need to bother?

Nah, I am not bothering! Just going to write a note on the cover sheet. :smile:
Original post by alexsasg
Haha, I'm hoping it won't come to that! I just need to bring myself to finish it but it's just so long..

Are you reapplying? 'Cause you said "last time" :smile:

I think it takes longer to fill in than it really should because everyone triple checks everything since they don't want anything to go wrong. I finished mine ages before but became paranoid!

Erm, yes in a sense I am reapplying. Unfortunately I had to drop out of school before exams but Cambridge let me defer the offer. Yet there is some quirk of the system that means I have to reapply... although I know I've got a place the waiting is killing me since I'm scared something is going to go wrong or that the letter explaining this was a filament of my imagination! :s-smilie:
:smile:

I think it takes longer to fill in than it really should because everyone triple checks everything since they don't want anything to go wrong.

Not even triple-checking, I re-read everything at least 10 times, haha. :smile:

Oh okay, cool. Which course & college, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Ladbrielmiral
Hey, can someone please add me to the wiki

Course - Geography
College - Jesus
GCSEs - 7A*s, 2As and A at FSMQ
Average UMS - 94% (because of a C I got in Micro Economics. I got 99/100 in Macro)
AS - Geography (A), Economics (A), Maths (A), Further Maths (C), Politics (A)
A2 Predicted - Economics A*, Geography A*, Maths A* & Politics A*

Cheers

Done :smile:

I couldnt bring myself to keep checking over it and agonizing so i read through it ocne and sent it. and then regretted it :s-smilie:
Can someone tell me if a photo for the saq taken on an iphone4 will be okay in terms of quality etc?

I am planning on submitting tonight so someone heelp!!!!
Original post by kurovalte
I couldnt bring myself to keep checking over it and agonizing so i read through it ocne and sent it. and then regretted it :s-smilie:

same :frown:

English at Girton :smile:

Original post by Sadsnail
Can someone tell me if a photo for the saq taken on an iphone4 will be okay in terms of quality etc?

I am planning on submitting tonight so someone heelp!!!!

Well that's what I did and it looks alright enough, its just for the ID anyway.
Well that's what I did and it looks alright enough, its just for the ID anyway.

Did you smile / have make up on? Haha why am I so worried about this! Also hair up/down?
Original post by Sadsnail
Did you smile / have make up on? Haha why am I so worried about this! Also hair up/down?

Haha! Don't worry I took over 100 pictures! I didn't smile but I did a slight hint of a smile so I did look miserable...and I had my hair part up, part down. Up so it was neat and down so I didn't look like some disembodied skull floating on a white background, (I'm very pale)
:biggrin:
Haha! Don't worry I took over 100 pictures! I didn't smile but I did a slight hint of a smile so I did look miserable...and I had my hair part up, part down. Up so it was neat and down so I didn't look like some disembodied skull floating on a white background, (I'm very pale)

LOL! Okay, I am the same I will literally be taking 100 pictures too! :smile:! I also have developed a HUGE spot under my nose today - what are the chances!

Also, I have applied to Homerton for geography, when will I know about when written work needs to be submitted? I can't seem to find any info online can someone help?!??! :biggrin:
girls gonna girl

Oh god, I ended up hating the one I had taken at a proper photo booth, so I took one at home and I look like a semi-Edwardian woman who has some sarcastic 'I know something you don't know' smile on her face. Seriously. I got so annoyed that I put it on my SAQ form and said 'sod it'. Big regrets now, mind you.

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Visions-of-Johanna
Oh god, I ended up hating the one I had taken at a proper photo booth, so I took one at home and I look like a semi-Edwardian woman who has some sarcastic 'I know something you don't know' smile on her face. Seriously. I got so annoyed that I put it on my SAQ form and said 'sod it'. Big regrets now, mind you.

sorry I literally just LOL-ed at this! I had the same problem with expressions and also just thought SOD IT and now I have sent it off! :biggrin:! Such a good feeling to go though, hopefully they don't reject me because I am ugly! haha
bloody hell. you lot really care about this SAQ picture.
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
You have an interview for Cambridge on Monday?? GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:

Thanks! I have no idea how I am going to prepare for it (I'm a mature student and there's no way I can catch up with all the academic stuff at this point), so I think I will just practise similing for the next two three days :redface:
Original post by ofssinfoxes
Thanks! I have no idea how I am going to prepare for it (I'm a mature student and there's no way I can catch up with all the academic stuff at this point), so I think I will just practise similing for the next two three days :redface:

What are you applying for? Best of luck to you! :smile:
Reply 7999
Hi guys, can someone add me to the wiki thingy please :smile:. Applying via CSAS (And don't laugh at me -__- lol)

Course - Law
College - Clare
GCSEs - 6A*s, 5As and a B
Average AS UMS - 92%
AS - Economics (A), History (A), Maths (A), Politics (A)
A2 Achieved- Economics (A), History (B), Maths (C)
A2 Predicted - Economics (A*), History (A), Maths (A)

Latest

Trending

Trending