The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
It would hurt my feelings :sadnod:
The :penguinhug: is the best emote ever :sexface:
Apart from :sexface: of course :colone:

They do! It's awesome.. though after a while you memorise the codes and use them on facebook :ashamed:

Ahem.. really?

UKCAT london un's:
Barts and the London
St Georges
KCL

BMAT london uni's:
UCL
Imperial

UKCAT beats BMAT :colone:

Sorryyyy :colondollar: It's almost a tie ... It's 3 to 2, so not that much of a difference :biggrin:

Nooo ... :penguinhug: is the best :rolleyes: :sexface: is a little pervy :colone:

And here's a penguin hug to you from a non-penguin :penguinhug: for correcting me :colondollar:

I think I'll abuse your knowledge as a successful re-applicant :sexface: ( I even used the :sexface: smiley to make you pay more attention :ahee: ) What do you think about BSMS ? It's probably my first choice this year :rolleyes:

I use the Messenger smileys on facebook :biggrin: They are way simpler than the TSR's, but less fun :frown:
Original post by laurenl93
Edinburgh is sooo hard to get into, though id love to have the guts to apply there
Ah god I'm still getting over St Andrews, it was my baby :frown: lmao.

The same, the same :frown: I miss St. Andrews :frown: I really hoped I could get there ... I'm waiting for the feedback letter, but I'm certain the UKCAT let me down :frown:
From Romania :rolleyes: You might have heard of it, since there's a bunch of Romanians wannabe medical students who try and apply in UK :colone:
I'm waiting for the Newcastle prospectus to see what they have to offer .. But I remember from last year (correct me if I'm wrong) that the want a high UKCAT ?
Haha :cry2: No, I'm not :colone: So you will be safe while showing me Newcastle :rolleyes: If you ever visit Romania, I'm willing to do the same :biggrin: We have some pretty nice things around here :wink:
Still haven't decided ... Want to take my exams here with good grades, so that I might stand a chance next year ... I'm thinking of volunteering more, not just shadowing doctors .. And continuing my shadowing of a GP/pediatrician/neurologist :biggrin: You ?
Original post by dariadaphne
Sorryyyy :colondollar: It's almost a tie ... It's 3 to 2, so not that much of a difference :biggrin:

Nooo ... :penguinhug: is the best :rolleyes: :sexface: is a little pervy :colone:

And here's a penguin hug to you from a non-penguin :penguinhug: for correcting me :colondollar:

I think I'll abuse your knowledge as a successful re-applicant :sexface: ( I even used the :sexface: smiley to make you pay more attention :ahee: ) What do you think about BSMS ? It's probably my first choice this year :rolleyes:

I use the Messenger smileys on facebook :biggrin: They are way simpler than the TSR's, but less fun :frown:

Not much difference.. but still a difference :colone:

Exactly! I do not know a single medicine re-applicant that isn't a little bit pervy.. gap years change you :afraid:

It worked :sexface:
Personally... I don't know a single thing about BSMS.. apart from there's a main road that cuts between the two school's :lol:
You're better off asking Yellowmonkeyman or someone like that :dontknow:
Sorry I'm not much help there.. but what can I say.. never thought about BSMS

You get used to TSR emotes.. so you'll probably use them.. :colone: is very useful in convos :yep:
Reply 383
Not a reapplicant but a deferred entry nonetheless (depending on whether I get the grades o'course). Have the fee structures come out for 2012 entry? :confused:
Reply 384
Ahh, problem with TSR emotes is I spend all my time searching the list to find the one I want :/ Very unefficient!
Original post by twelve
Ahh, problem with TSR emotes is I spend all my time searching the list to find the one I want :/ Very unefficient!

And there's always that annoyed moment when you go past the one you're looking for and have to gp through the list again ]:< :unimpressed:

I like this one: :sexface:
Makes anything come across as creepy
*now an official watched thread by me :frown: But gap year here I come!!! :biggrin:
Reply 387
Original post by AA_3d

Original post by AA_3d
I went from october till december, i emailed all the unis i applied to before i left to let them know that i wouldnt be available during that time for interviews, but my ucas number changed after i left so that email was pretty much made invalid, the only uni that called me to interview during that time was sheffield anyway, but it was alright coz i got my mum to reschedule it whilst i was away.

Was your experience reapplying different to when you first applied?
Which uni are you doing to now?
Reply 388
4 rejections.... I have a back up choice with an option to transfer to medicine after year 1 but not sure if I'm going to take it.... Looks like I'll be reapplying for 2012 entry...
Original post by twelve

Don't worry, you learn the coding :teeth:

Original post by laurenl93
And there's always that annoyed moment when you go past the one you're looking for and have to gp through the list again ]:&lt; :unimpressed:

I like this one: :sexface:
Makes anything come across as creepy

It does, doesn't it :sexface:

Exactly! I do not know a single medicine re-applicant that isn't a little bit pervy.. gap years change you :afraid:

Personally... I don't know a single thing about BSMS.. apart from there's a main road that cuts between the two school's :lol:

You get used to TSR emotes.. so you'll probably use them.. :colone: is very useful in convos :yep:

We'll see how we'll act in a year's time :colone: We'll probably have :sexface: all over this forum :laugh:

I knew it would :sexface: That's why I used it :sexface: And why I'm using it again and again :sexface: Because I'm hoping that if you find something about BSMS, you'll tell me :sexface:

Aaw :cry: I really thought you knew almost everything (this is me trying to make you find out stuff :colone: ) But no worries, I'll find out :cyber: Why didn't you think about it ? :confused:

I found another funny emote :begone: It's just lovely :rolleyes:
Reply 391

Haha, on the open day, there was a bus that ran between the two campuses. Me and my friend thought that must mean that they were quite far apart. Then we looked on the map, decided to walk it and beat the bus.

Very silly.
Reply 392
an official 2012 applicant! Only going for one uni tho
Original post by dmz

FINGERS CROSSED! Really hope you get in :smile:
Reply 394
Original post by dmz

Just saw this - are you giving up on Leeds and bio-engineering?
Reply 395
Original post by Mother2
Just saw this - are you giving up on Leeds and bio-engineering?

Original post by Harbour Seal
FINGERS CROSSED! Really hope you get in :smile:

nope, I'm going to Leeds this year for medical engineering, but I'll still apply so if i get in I'll probably drop engineering once I've sorted the financial aspects, if not I'll happily carry on till GEM, if not I'll happily become a clinical engineer. Lol
Reply 396
Original post by dmz
nope, I'm going to Leeds this year for medical engineering, but I'll still apply so if i get in I'll probably drop engineering once I've sorted the financial aspects, if not I'll happily carry on till GEM, if not I'll happily become a clinical engineer. Lol

Oh I see - which is the one you're applying to?
Reply 397
Original post by Mother2
Oh I see - which is the one you're applying to?

well if i get a good UKCAT i have a decent shot at shefield i think. I don't like the sound of being a drop out tho. Whatever happens i get to enjoy first yr of uni. :smile:
Reply 398
Original post by dmz
well if i get a good UKCAT i have a decent shot at shefield i think. I don't like the sound of being a drop out tho. Whatever happens i get to enjoy first yr of uni. :smile:

Good luck - I'm sure you have a good shot at more than Sheffield, though a lot do seem to be moving to AAA for 2012.
Reply 399
Original post by Mother2
Good luck - I'm sure you have a good shot at more than Sheffield, though a lot do seem to be moving to AAA for 2012.

I'd be more than with sheffield tbh, few friends there. Doing a resit in my 4th A level so I'll probably apply to the ones that accept resits but I'm not really going to be too optimistic about it :tongue:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending