The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

mootifulll
can anyone tell me all the core practicals that need to be learnt for this exam? :smile:

they're further back in the thread, there's habituation with worms/snails, spirometer and respirometer. i think that's it.
Reply 661
Actually we have to learn all core practicals in the spec for this paper :tongue:
Suggest what military applications Miesenbock's work might have.

??
Doughboy
Actually we have to learn all core practicals in the spec for this paper :tongue:

You're *******' me :frown:
Doughboy

SYNOPTICS :banghead:

i could cry i hope you realise that!
Reply 665
**** it tbh.
Reply 666
O lord...Im readin some of the qus and answers people have been riting in this thread and its baffled me as its new to me!!!....i sure hope this is all in the cgp book / edexcel revision guide so i manage to cover it in time..FML :|
Reply 667
isnt it just the core practicals that are related to the article? i cant think of any atm.
how are you guys revising the pre-release?
and how many times have you read the pre-release?
Reply 669
saraabukar
how are you guys revising the pre-release?
and how many times have you read the pre-release?

I am just gona read it over a few times and have a go at the questions on them....its not so much about knwing it as much, its more being familiar with it so u can link the questions they ask to the bio units 1,2,4,5 syllabus witout havin to re read the article in the exam......im probabli onli going to be doing it for first time tmoro lol :woo: :woo:
Mija_Maryy

??

Miesenbocks original work had to do with flies, conditioning and some pain thingie..maybe the army wants him to make the troopers not feel pain or sumthin...
Reply 671
does anyone have the answers to the pre-release material questions posted by skotch? sets 2 and 3. i've read through the questions and tried to answer some but the rest (most :P) of the questions got me stumped!

mind helping me out with the answers guys? :biggrin:
Reply 672
orangeism
does anyone have the answers to the pre-release material questions posted by skotch? sets 2 and 3. i've read through the questions and tried to answer some but the rest (most :P) of the questions got me stumped!

mind helping me out with the answers guys? :biggrin:

I gave it a go, the 'Dancing Worms' questions.

here you go -

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjoutafz3q1

Cheerz,
Reply 673
is the pre-release just like a comprehension ? it seems that from the questions we have been shown that you can sort of just look in the pre-release for the answers rather than having to add any excessive scientific knowledge? would you say this is true ?
how's everyone feeling about this exam then?
nina34
is the pre-release just like a comprehension ? it seems that from the questions we have been shown that you can sort of just look in the pre-release for the answers rather than having to add any excessive scientific knowledge? would you say this is true ?

with the specimen paper the pre release seemed a little pointless since the questions were actually about the course. i think it's more for real life examples of what we've learnt, you may get a few marks for comprehension, but it won't all be like that.
Reply 676
samydude
I gave it a go, the 'Dancing Worms' questions.

here you go -

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjoutafz3q1

Cheerz,

thanks so much for this!

and not to sound pushy or anything but do u happen to know how to answer this:

1. describe the symptoms of parkinson's disease and Explain how the "chaotic activity" in the subthalamic nucleus of patients with parkinson's leads to such symptoms?

seems like there's more ques on the "dancing worms" part of the article than "stressed out" and "pain and gender"... hmm
Reply 677
abcdemilyxx
how's everyone feeling about this exam then?

Pretty confident now, just 1 more day to brush up and make some notes.. how you feeling bud?
Pedus
Pretty confident now, just 1 more day to brush up and make some notes.. how you feeling bud?

same here, just got to go over transcription factors and the lobes in the brain and i'm all done :yep: need an A so it'll hopefully be enough.
Reply 679
Originally Posted by Mija_Maryy

??

AshesHaralsingh
Miesenbocks original work had to do with flies, conditioning and some pain thingie..maybe the army wants him to make the troopers not feel pain or sumthin...

Can be used to switch on neurons which control aggression;
Can be used to switch off neurons for conscious thought, which helps to interrogate prisoners of war and make them speak the truth about enemy secrets;
the pain thing, etc!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending