Turn on thread page Beta

Most Ideal - Least Ideal place to live in London? watch

• View Poll Results: What is the best area in london?
    North London
    27.59%
    East London
    12.07%
    South London
    11.21%
    West London
    29.31%
    New Yoooork (concrete jungles where drea-)
    12.93%
    Somewhere outside London
    6.90%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree-Ree-Real:p)
    I'm going there next year. My sister goes there at the moment. lol What do you do?
    A2 history, politics, philosophy and economics.

ReputationRep:
    Hammersmith is usually on fire.

Tower Hamlets probably the least ideal.

Most ideal, probably somewhere like Twickenham (I'm a rugby fan so I'm biased) :p:

ReputationRep:
    North Weezy! nuff said...Primrose Hill ftw! Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN)
    A2 history, politics, philosophy and economics.
    Nice. I want to do History but only for the first year! Is it hard? Are you doing Modern European?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    Hackney? Nice? In the same sentence?
    Depends, all inner city areas have nice and horrible areas like Drogue said.

The areas around Hackney Downs, London Fields, Old Street, Hoxton, Shoreditch etc are quite nice, as are parts of Dalston. Then again Stamford Hill and Clapton are horrible. Depends where you go in Hackney :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Hammersmith is usually on fire.

Tower Hamlets probably the least ideal.

Most ideal, probably somewhere like Twickenham (I'm a rugby fan so I'm biased) :p:
    My school's in Twickenham! But, to be honest, Richmond is better! I wouldn't like to live in Twickenham. It's awful getting around the place, especially when there's a match on. Very noisy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz1992)
    Same. I live in Ealing and it's fairly average. The good thing is everything you need, it's a maximum of two bus rides away.
    Waheyy Ealing, most of my friends live there. Ealing's not too bad you have quite a few things to do there - better than Ickenham where I live.

Generally inner West (ie. Kensington, Chelsea, Knightsbridge) and outer South-West (Richmond, parts of Kingston, Hampton) are rather nice, but I fail to see how Hammersmith ,of all places, could be seen as your ideal place to live. It's really quite a depressing place.

ReputationRep:
    East :eek:
    South
    North
    West

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I want to do History but only for the first year! Is it hard? Are you doing Modern European?
    i'm doing modern american. its very exciting, it's my best subject so i don't find it hard. the drop-out rate compared to modern european isn't as bad because people generally like it more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangha236)
    You don't wanna live in Old Southall. It's near Ealing, comes under South West London. Awful place.
    Just avoid Old Southall.
    Could be worse, could be Hayes.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing modern american. its very exciting, it's my best subject so i don't find it hard. the drop-out rate compared to modern european isn't as bad because people generally like it more.
    Yes, that's what I'll be doing! I've heard it's really difficult to get an A. I'm sure it'll be interesting, but is it difficult to get like an A grade?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's what I'll be doing! I've heard it's really difficult to get an A. I'm sure it'll be interesting, but is it difficult to get like an A grade?
    yes, only a handful of people have gotten an A in the AS (first-sit). but personally, i didn't find it hard. getting an A depends soley on your literary abilities and general knowledge; if you have that than the content will come easily, like with most things.

ReputationRep:
    yes, only a handful of people have gotten an A in the AS (first-sit). but personally, i didn't find it hard. getting an A depends soley on your literary abilities and general knowledge; if you have that than the content will come easily, like with most things.
    I see. So, it's doable. Just with your own hard work?

ReputationRep:
    I see. So, it's doable. Just with your own hard work?
    not too much stuff to learn but still significant. skills>hard work generally, if you have the skills and love for the subject you'll get an A.

ReputationRep:
    Best place: Dulwich

Worst place: the rest of London

ReputationRep:
    not too much stuff to learn but still significant. skills>hard work generally, if you have the skills and love for the subject you'll get an A.
    Cool, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Where i live isn't too bad, basically on the border in south west near wimbledon, close enough to everywhere but a quiet/ safe enough area

ReputationRep:
    I'd say anywhere on the outskirts is better than living in central London. So probably somewhere like Kingston. OP what makes you like Islington, I find it a dump!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolic99)
    Peckham? Elephant and Castle?

Are you sure you haven't made a mistake? Peckham ain't too bad but no where near is it a good place to live. I'd rather live it up in a posh area than to stay here.
    Not as nice as the Bronx in NY
    Don't say a word against Richmond, mister!!!! Peckham? Really?!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.