The Student Room Group

Do i still have a chance to do medicine?

I want to do medicine at a university likemanchester or birmingham. I got 10 A*S at GCSE. I didnt do as well i would have liked in january. how do resits affect your chance of admission
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
I dont know, you know how to make paracetamol. I need it because I feel gassy on tuesdays okay?
Reply 2
Original post by Kutti
I dont know, you know how to make paracetamol. I need it because I feel gassy on tuesdays okay?

:lolwut:
Original post by Aku-gila
:lolwut:

We get to make paracetamol and aspirin in AS unit 2 or A2 chemistry - pretty cool :biggrin:

Going to play with alcohol next week :colone:
If you get As in the summer, then your January modules won't need to go down on your UCAS, so universities will never know. :tongue: In which case, it sounds like your grades will set you in very good stead for Medicine, although remember that getting onto a medical course constitutes a lot more than just getting the grades. Most of those who apply are very intelligent so you have to do well in your BMAT/UKCAT and interview, as well as write a good personal statement too.
Original post by Kutti

ohhhh...some one is really out of there mind!! :teehee:
Original post by razzler
I want to do medicine at a university likemanchester or birmingham. I got 10 A*S at GCSE. ANd I sorta messed up my january modules. I got a C in biology and chemistry and im resitting in the summre. SAy if i get all As in the end how badly have these resists affected my chances of getting accepted is there still hope?

Oh don't worry! Just resit! Your GCSE grades are excellent and I'm pretty sure somewhere like Manchester will not reject you because you resat some AS modules... (They are AS, right? and I'm pretty sure you don't even have to declare resits). But yes, I have tons of friends who are applying for Medicine, and a lot of them are resitting their modules...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by thegodofgod
We get to make paracetamol and aspirin in AS unit 2 or A2 chemistry - pretty cool :biggrin:

Going to play with alcohol next week :colone:

Nice! But that wasn't the part that made me go :lolwut:, it was this:

Original post by Kutti
I need it because I feel gassy on tuesdays okay?
What happened for you to get C's if you dont mind me asking.. Lack of revision...?
Nice! But that wasn't the part that made me go :lolwut:, it was this:

ahh, okay

Good luck anyway - were the Cs due to lack of revision / being lazy or actually not understanding stuff?
Reply 10
ahh, okay

Good luck anyway - were the Cs due to lack of revision / being lazy or actually not understanding stuff?

Err, I have no idea what you're talking about...
Err, I have no idea what you're talking about...

woops - quoted the wrong person lol :facepalm:

thought you were the OP
Reply 12
woops - quoted the wrong person lol :facepalm:

thought you were the OP

:rofl:
Reply 13
ahh, okay

It was becasue I did like no revision I think I got a bit complacent. Ig to an A in physics and Business. I don't think its a case of not understanding. I know if i will work hard I should be able to get the As
Reply 14
when doing retakes you usually get lower grades then the first sitting --> that's the case for most of the times, but not always!
Of course you do! My boyfriend's applied to do medicine (has an offer from Newcastle) and last year, he got a D in unit 2 chemistry, resat it and has an A now.
He still got the offer even with a C overall in AS Chemistry on his UCAS. It's definitely possible, it's not all about grades, you've gotta do all the other stuff, work experience etc.
Good luck!
Original post by Kutti

Dudeee...."gassy" Tuesdays? :cheeky:
Original post by musi_1993
when doing retakes you usually get lower grades then the first sitting --> that's the case for most of the times, but not always!

Thats a load of rubbish, Ive always got higher on every resit I have ever done.

Quick Reply

Latest