The Student Room Group

Worried he'll cheat...

My boyfriend-equivalent is a Law student and heavily involved in University Mooting competitions. I used to be, until I decided I didn't want to do a Law degree any longer. We initially met through mooting in September '09 and ended up having a one night stand before getting together again at New Years. We've been seeing each other ever since and are now "exclusive". He's said he doesn't want to see anyone else, and just wants me, and I've said the same to him. However, I'm the first to admit I have serious issues with my self-esteem. I honestly cannot see what he finds attractive about me, and this is something that he really hates. I'm so paranoid that he's "settling for me" at the moment...

Anyway, he's basically gotten a new mooting partner. The one after me was no threat whatsoever, he really didn't like her (and if I can be a bit bitchy, she was quite unattractive). But this new one is drop dead gorgeous, 18 y.o blonde and really smart. He can't stop extolling her virtues, and it's gotten to the stage where I'm hopelessly intimidated by her. I feel like I'm in her shadow, in my own relationship! Which is ludicrous, I know. I am TERRIFIED he's going to sleep with her, and that history will repeat itself. After all, I was his moot partner and he slept with me....

He's claiming she's "practically married" to her long-term boyfriend, but I still don't trust her around him. He's not unattractive and I wouldn't blame her for seeing the same nice things I see in him.

They've had another moot competition this evening in Manchester, and I know he'll be driving her there and back. My mind is in overdrive and the more I think about what she looks like and how nice he is, the more distraught I get.

I'm absolutely terrified that she'll make a move on him. I know he finds her attractive, and I'm worried that he finds her more appealing than he does me.

I'm sorry for the underconfident rant. I'm really quite upset. He's taken ages to reply to my text asking how it went, and we've not spoken on the phone for a couple of days. As I said, I feel like the stop-gap and that I'm just occupying his bed until he can get someone more attractive than me. The only way I can possibly match this woman, is intellectually. She's 18 (so younger than I am, at 20) and I KNOW my guy (who is 31) has a thing for younger women.

Not sure how to feel right now...
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Stop being so insecure. Be happy he's with you, talk to him about it if it bothers you that much but remember he's with you, not her.
You're worrying too much, love. I'm guessing that he was unattached before you guys ONS'd? Unless he's cheated before, you've not got a lot of reason to worry and your paranoia may affect your relationship, tbh.

You also need to have wayyy more confidence in yourself and stop comparing yourself to other women, cos that own't help at all :yes:
This has really made me want to watch Legally Blonde
:h:
Reply 5
i thought mooting was going to be something cool, i googled it and was most disappointed :frown:

OT: if he's going to cheat he's going to cheat, regardless of any "signs" or strange conspiracies you may have conjured up in your head. You just have to relax have faith in him.
Reply 6
Original post by isawsparks89
You're worrying too much, love. I'm guessing that he was unattached before you guys ONS'd? Unless he's cheated before, you've not got a lot of reason to worry and your paranoia may affect your relationship, tbh.

You also need to have wayyy more confidence in yourself and stop comparing yourself to other women, cos that own't help at all :yes:

Yeah, we were both single when we hooked up first time.

It doesn't help that HE's constantly saying other women are "fit" (celebs etc) and this other woman. It doesn't help my confidence and just makes me feel like he's even less attracted to me.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, we were both single when we hooked up first time.

It doesn't help that HE's constantly saying other women are "fit" (celebs etc) and this other woman. It doesn't help my confidence and just makes me feel like he's even less attracted to me.

Nah, I think that's a sign of a healthy relationship that he's saying these things to your face, shows that there is no issue and that he's pretty open with you.

Boys tend to overanalyse things a lot less than girls so he's probably not thinking about it affecting your confidence. You should have confidence enough in the fact that he's chosen to be with you and therefore he might not think he has to say it :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending