The Student Room Group

Insecurity with my boyfriend

i cant help but overthink about the situation. this is my 1st relationship and im always worrying so please don't be too harsh lool. my bf is going to a volleyball club and im just worried he will see other girls and they will try to flirt and stuff with him and leave me etc.. yes, dramatic, i know. although im like 100% sure this wont happen, my head is always overthinking, creating scenarios etc and i feel as if im projecting my insecurities into these made up situations, i really dont want to do that but its gotten to the point where they are taking over my thoughts. i just want to know if anyone else has felt like this and how they delt with it, ofc i havent told him how i feel bc its real embarrassing, im literally having bad dreams ab this and everything looooool
Reply 1
first off, i totally get how you feel, its completely normal in a rs to feel that way so i think you should tell him how you feel and see how he reacts to it, if he reassures you and tells u hell keep u updated through out the club/send pics then youre good to go, but usually if he gets too defensive or doesnt try to reassure you then somethings up
im saying all this as an outsider so please take it with a grain of salt : )
Original post by Anonymous
i cant help but overthink about the situation. this is my 1st relationship and im always worrying so please don't be too harsh lool. my bf is going to a volleyball club and im just worried he will see other girls and they will try to flirt and stuff with him and leave me etc.. yes, dramatic, i know. although im like 100% sure this wont happen, my head is always overthinking, creating scenarios etc and i feel as if im projecting my insecurities into these made up situations, i really dont want to do that but its gotten to the point where they are taking over my thoughts. i just want to know if anyone else has felt like this and how they delt with it, ofc i havent told him how i feel bc its real embarrassing, im literally having bad dreams ab this and everything looooool

me having been the guy in that situation, i can tell you that you gotta talk to him about it, honestly it is sm better when you talk to him abt it, he will clear up the air and will probs reassure you that nothing is going on. make sure he knows that he's yours and yours only, and tease him abt it, bc that will make sure it's in his head when he goes to vball club - that's why my girl does e.g. "make sure ur not rizzing up any other girls at volleyball club or imma come kill you and yo other hoes", when you joke abt it and shi that's where he'll understand [do the joking shi after you've actually talked about it with him]
i assume he was the one that approached you, hit on you

i understand how you feel 100%! even though I respect my partner and understand they would never do this I still get incredibly paranoid whenever they go out clubbing or something. if you know they'd never do it it's likely just a problem for yourself to deal with, like why do you expect they would cheat on you? if its insecurity, there's nothing wrong with asking for reinforcement from your partner. if they care, they won't mind how many times you ask them if they love you (there is a limit though lolol)
Reply 5
Original post by H8Courtship217
i assume he was the one that approached you, hit on you

nope i asked him out lol, he was going to but i beat him to it
nope i asked him out lol, he was going to but i beat him to it

well thats interesting and very admirable and very unexpected as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending