The Student Room Group

Dya reckon I could become popular in 3rd yr?

Hey guys,
I'm a second yr. I'm just wonderin. I had some bad luck last year cos my best mate quit uni and then this year I fell out with a few people and only live with two other people. I am alone a lot more than I would like n I'm bored of it !! Next year they'll be 6 of us to a flat so that'll be better. I do have mates and some are really close but I don't feel as popular as my friends and wish I had more. Don't get me wrong, I feel very blessed to have close mates but I just wish I had more people to hang out with. I was thinkin maybe join a new society or somethin but is third yr too late to get become a bit more popular??
Original post by outta

Quality, not quantity. Stop moaning!
Grammar, spelling and punctuation usually go a long way to making you popular
Up your game. :tongue:imp:
Original post by Paralellapiped

No, no they don't.
Original post by Lewroll
No, no they don't.

Yes, yes they do.
Reply 6
Yes, yes they do.

lol @ you
Reply 7
No because you have an account on the student room!
Reply 8

No they don't you weird little person.

If you're going to be that pedantic, maybe you should finish your sentence with a full stop. You know, because you're such an expert on the language.

Are you Profresh? Or is it Profesh? :holmes:
Reply 10
In my experience, the people in my year who were popular from the beginning of university, remained so throughout the 3 years of their degree. You get the occasional fresher who also generates the same publicity but thats about it.
As long as you have good friends, does it actually matter how popular you are?
Reply 11

No they don't. They make you lonely and depressed and you'll end up spending the rest of your days counting the amount of commas you use in one sentence. Then, it gets worse. You start seeing how many grammatically correct ways you can rearrange your sentences using much the same words. Then you go wild and get your thesaurus out and complicate that bitch of a sentence. Then you give yourself a headache because once you go to sleep, wake up and re-read whatever you've written, you can't understand a word of it. Then you start reading a dictionary as bedtime reading and if you're really brave you read the thesaurus at the same time like the fearless bastard you are. Then through some tragic, completely unrelated accident, you get run over by a bus and your life is over.

:frown:
YEAH, bring ridiculous amounts of beer and hard drugs to uni, stap a large speaker to your car and play dubstep 24/7 THEN YOUR POPULAR :L
Reply 13
Really not the best year to be trying to get popular.
Reply 14
Thanks for the comments guys :smile:. When I say popular I don't actually mean popular I just mean have quite a few more people to hang out with but yehh I get ya.
Totally lovin the punctuation debate btw :P
Original post by aeterno
No they don't. They make you lonely and depressed and you'll end up spending the rest of your days counting the amount of commas you use in one sentence. Then, it gets worse. You start seeing how many grammatically correct ways you can rearrange your sentences using much the same words. Then you go wild and get your thesaurus out and complicate that bitch of a sentence. Then you give yourself a headache because once you go to sleep, wake up and re-read whatever you've written, you can't understand a word of it. Then you start reading a dictionary as bedtime reading and if you're really brave you read the thesaurus at the same time like the fearless bastard you are. Then through some tragic, completely unrelated accident, you get run over by a bus and your life is over.

:frown:

LOL
Awesome :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending