The Student Room Group

Should I Take Biology for A Level?? NEED HELP!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by navarre
It's hard. Probably the hardest subject I do, and right now I'm doing it at AS. It's a HUGE step up for someone like me, who got an A* in GCSE biology- but if you want to do it, then go for it.

I have an A* in Biology in O levels, should i take it in A levels? I actually wanna do engineering but Bio-technology interests me as well. Since the engineering part is getting pretty crowded. Need some advice please.
Reply 21
That's a decision you really need to make for yourself. If you are struggling with maths and physics, the requisite A-levels for engineering then perhaps Biochemistry or Biology would be more your thing. Biotechnology is just as crowded really - I just graduated from Warwick and a lot of people are either unemployed or have left the industry. Some are sticking with further study, and only a few of those are in 'biotech' courses. I wouldn't concern yourself so much with the whole 'whats the crowded degree' thing because, end of the day, any field is a struggle...thats the point!
Reply 22
Original post by Toby C
If you had read my post fully you would have seen that I am determined and have a passion for the subject and everything similar, just because I'm doing foundation papers doesn't mean I'm not able to put the effort in! I've asked my teacher many times asking if I should try higher tier because I'm finding foundation easy, and she said there's no point, stay on a solid C.

You wrote this 8 years ago and right now am in the same page, how did it go.
Should i choose A-level biology even though am in foundation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending