The Student Room Group

Am I able to get new glasses?

I'm not completely sure where to ask this question but it is sort of health related so I thought it belongs here.

Anyway, I need glasses and I recently got my first pair. I don't really like the style of these so is it possible to go back and get another pair? I'm not sure if it would be allowed as they are providing glasses to improve eyesight rather than providing glasses as a fashion accesory... it's just I feel self-conscious wearing these.

:confused:
Reply 1
Yes, yes it is.

/thread.
Original post by Swoosh

Original post by Swoosh
Anyway, I need glasses and I recently got my first pair. I don't really like the style of these so is it possible to go back and get another pair? I'm not sure if it would be allowed as they are providing glasses to improve eyesight rather than providing glasses as a fashion accesory... it's just I feel self-conscious wearing these.

Yes. If you got those subsidised by the NHS, you won't be able to get the new pair subsidised unless your prescription has changed significantly since. This means you will have to pay the full cost of both the new lenses and frames which is a lot of money!
You should visit my country...
We have stocks of Chinese frames most are brand replicas and each frame cost around 3-5 pounds.. And they are not bad at all... I am using one that cost me about 11 pounds and even though I have changed lenses several times (due to power change) , I am still sticking to my old frame...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending