The Student Room Group

How to tell my parents im going out with an asian girl

Scroll to see replies

It sounds like your parents are living in the middle ages and my thoughts and sympathies are with your girlfriend.
If it is any of your parent's business (debatable) then you could always show them a photo. Definitely do not put your girlfriend on the spot by bringing her to meet them till you are sure they are positive about her.
Your girlfriend and her parents may not be that sure yet that you and your family are good enough for her.
I sympathise with you too- I think its tough when parents disapprove- even if the parents think they are being 'right'. And there is research to show that family support helps long term relationships thrive.
So its your choice- ditch your girlfriend for someone your parents will approve of, or work on your parents to change their attitude. Just don't do what a lot of boys do- play around with the girl they love and then marry the girl their parents like. Try and be upfront and honest with your parents and your girl right from the start.
Sorry to ramble.
Just tell your parents that you have a girlfriend, and then bring her round for dinner one day. It's your choice who you go out with, not theirs.
Reply 22
An Indian girl is probably the best type of other-raced girl you could go for so it shouldn't be too bad. It's better than going for a Thai girl or a Somalian or even a Pakistani.
Reply 23
If she's hindu and she's brahmin. Forget her mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending