The Student Room Group

2011/2012 A new beginning!

Hi Everyone,

I am from Ireland and I'm starting a taught MA in Conservation Biology in 2011. I am just looking for some help..does anyone know where is a good place to live? I don't really know where is a good place and where isn't a good place to live..now too fussy with who etc..just not a pack of eejits please!!

Another thing, from what I have seen there isn't a whole lot of funding for taught masters..does anyone know if there are bursaries/scholarships or any funding for taught masters available?

Any info would be great!! :smile:
Reply 1
By the way..this is Manchester Metropolitan i'm talking about! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ciaralp
Hi Everyone,

I am from Ireland and I'm starting a taught MA in Conservation Biology in 2011. I am just looking for some help..does anyone know where is a good place to live? I don't really know where is a good place and where isn't a good place to live..now too fussy with who etc..just not a pack of eejits please!!

Another thing, from what I have seen there isn't a whole lot of funding for taught masters..does anyone know if there are bursaries/scholarships or any funding for taught masters available?

Any info would be great!! :smile:

MMU can only really fund research at doctoral level so unless they have told you there is a scholarship available then there is likely to be no money. In that case, you will have to self fund like most students.

In terms of where to live, I cannot imagine it will make much difference but anywhere in Fallowfield, Hulme or Rusholme would do. If you have not lived in England before just try and organise something through the university if you can.
Reply 3
Thanks a million for you help..gonna start looking now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending