The Student Room Group

LSE OR KCL? The age old question..

Having received offers from both LSE and KCL, i now have the dilemma of choosing between the two. It would be great if i can hear from any of you, any sort of input regarding the University or the course that i am about to have to choose from

LSE - MSc in Comparative Politics (Conflict Studies)

or

King's College - International Conflict Studies MA

Thoughts?

Thanks people!

Cheers.
Reply 1
How is that an age old question lol? Overall in terms of employability, academic strength and prestige, LSE > KCL anyday of the week. For the specific course in question, I cannot comment.
Reply 2
Thanks therealOG. Appreciate the response. Will keep that in mind. I wonder if anyone else could help with the specific course in question.
Reply 3
Hi,

I'm also considering King's (though for an MA Intl Peace and Security) - the War studies department seems to be highly regarded - probably also a point for KCL in this regard.

In terms of employment I guess that both have fine employer links and alumni networks. From what I've read here several times is that King's programs are supposed to be more practically orientated than those of LSE, in my view in particular important for future employment (I'm working myself at the moment)

A friend of mine is right now finishing Comparative Politics at LSE (but a different stream) - she complains a lot about the lack of support from her professors and the not very student friendly atmosphere at many times.

On the other hand, a former professor of mine studied at King's (even though quite some time ago :biggrin: ) - he used to praise it a lot, plus, he made a great intl career.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending