The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by It could be lupus
He has been around for a year now. He is pretending to be a Johns fresher (well he would be going into 2nd year now) but nobody has really seen evidence of him being at John's...

I know my friend had him on his comedy radio show in Lent term

I thought everyone knows who he really is :confused:
Original post by ukdragon37
I thought everyone knows who he really is :confused:

Nope, don't think so. I think a lot of people don't care enough to find out who he really is
Original post by Tortious
Does anyone know how soon the paper grades go onto CamSIS post-results?

My results came out on Thursday and my DoS said he'd email the breakdowns on "Saturday" (presumably yesterday), but I've yet to hear anything. Aside from the fact that I'm quite interested to know how I did on each paper, I've got a work experience application form deadline in the next few days and it requires the breakdown... :mute:

Just flicking through my e-mails in an attempt to delete some and spotted the e-mail with my breakdown from last year - it got sent to me on the Tuesday (we also got results on the Thursday last year) so maybe it'll be then? My DoS wasn't one to keep things from us and usually let us know things as soon as he got them. Your DoS will have the provisional marks by now though but can't give you them. (I'm not sure they're meant to give the grades now either. My DoS told me my paper grades and the area (i.e. low, high etc) they were in last year mainly so he could see what my expression was :tongue:)
Original post by gethsemane342
Just flicking through my e-mails in an attempt to delete some and spotted the e-mail with my breakdown from last year - it got sent to me on the Tuesday (we also got results on the Thursday last year) so maybe it'll be then? My DoS wasn't one to keep things from us and usually let us know things as soon as he got them. Your DoS will have the provisional marks by now though but can't give you them. (I'm not sure they're meant to give the grades now either. My DoS told me my paper grades and the area (i.e. low, high etc) they were in last year mainly so he could see what my expression was :tongue:)

Cool, thanks for looking that up. :biggrin: Hope you're pleased with yours. :smile:
Original post by gethsemane342

My DoS pinned our breakdowns on his door at 8PM yesterday and wrote us personalised letters! I think it takes quite a while to come up on Camsis.
Reply 785
Original post by ukebert

Original post by ukebert
You aren't alone. I know quite a few people who went for broke this year and missed a first. Commiserations, I can well imagine that it would be disappointing. It's not ridiculous at all.

The thing is, I didn't even go for broke. I'm just starting to wish I had done. I've done so much extra curricular stuff this year that I can't really complain, but it's just incredibly frustrating for me. OH WELL.
Well I've made all the important substantive changes. I'm just going through making sure things are consistent. Like abbreviations, putting hyphens into oft-repeated terms, etc. At the last minute my DoS decided that I shouldn't say 'working class' but should instead say 'young adults from low SES backgrounds', which means an insane amount of editing in a document this big, not to mention unpleasant consequences for my word count :banghead:

Ah well :sigh:

Original post by alex_hk90
Oh OK. That definitely comes under the "nothing to see here" category for me. :yes:

:ditto:
Original post by brimstone
Yeah, but my normal suit is a real mess. My dinner jacket (as far as I'm aware, at least) doesn't have vomit stains on it :wtf:

Eeew :s-smilie:

You can get it dry-cleaned on time, and since you'll be wearing a gown for the whole day (our Head Porter made us get into full-garb at 10am, when the ceremony wasn't till 2, and then there wasn't any point removing it because it was such a pain to assemble :hmpf:) so it's not like anybody will see/care.
Original post by Athena
What a **** end to May week.

:frown: What happened?
Printing! :stickyman:
Original post by Athena

Original post by Athena

:hugs: did you get my text? hopefully see you soon xx
Reply 790
Original post by Athena

:frown: :hugs:
Original post by Athena

Original post by Athena

:ditto: Exactly the same for me :frown:

:frown:
Reply 792
Original post by Craghyrax
Well I've made all the important substantive changes. I'm just going through making sure things are consistent. Like abbreviations, putting hyphens into oft-repeated terms, etc. At the last minute my DoS decided that I shouldn't say 'working class' but should instead say 'young adults from low SES backgrounds', which means an insane amount of editing in a document this big, not to mention unpleasant consequences for my word count :banghead:

Find and replace?

Sorry to hear that things haven't been going well Athena :frown:
Finally free! *whew*
Original post by ukebert
Find and replace?

I wasn't sure it did that for sentences.
Reply 794
Finally free! *whew*

I wasn't sure it did that for sentences.

:party: :biggrin:
Reply 795
Dear France

ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE AND TELL ME WHEN I'M SUPPOSED TO GO TO FRANCE OR I WILL CAUSE A MAJOR DIPLOMATIC INCIDENT

Love Mel x
Finally free! *whew*

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Finally got my result on CamSIS - Class I. :woo:
Original post by Melz0r
Dear France

ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE AND TELL ME WHEN I'M SUPPOSED TO GO TO FRANCE OR I WILL CAUSE A MAJOR DIPLOMATIC INCIDENT

Love Mel x

Careful - you're one step away from threatening to blow up an airport, and look where that gets you... :p:

Amazing! :five: This thread has magic properties. Lets hope some of the fairy dust sprinkles my thesis!

You LSE bound, then?
Reply 799

PRSOM! And I actually really wanted to rep you for that as well :p:

:party:

Amazing! :five: This thread has magic properties. Lets hope some of the fairy dust sprinkles my thesis!

I seriously hope I can actually contribute to the amazing TSR results next year :p:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending