The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leipzig
A 6-person flat sounds... interesting. I found 2 flatmates annoying enough (and 4 + 2 pets before that was even worse), but I'm sure you know what you're doing! I'm back in London now too, but living with my parents like a cool kid :redface:

Everyone is working (long hours) so I think people won't really be around. This weekend I am the only one here because everyone is away doing stuff.
Original post by The West Wing
I'm living on the Islington end of Finsbury Park. Not looking for a flatmate at the moment because I have 5 already :p:

That is (sort of) close to where I'm living! :eek:
Does anyone on TSR have a DVR or some method of ripping from iPlayer? I want to record tomorrow's University Challenge for posterity and send copies to my grandparents in the US but embarrassingly I only have a VCR ('cos I'm cool like that). I'd pay postage if you were to send it to me!

Original post by Gesar
Just a taught masters. Nothing terribly exciting.

Nice one, Gesar. :smile:
Original post by Chess Piece Face
Does anyone on TSR have a DVR or some method of ripping from iPlayer? I want to record tomorrow's University Challenge for posterity and send copies to my grandparents in the US but embarrassingly I only have a VCR ('cos I'm cool like that). I'd pay postage if you were to send it to me!

I use get_iplayer to do just what you're asking. :smile: It downloads to an MP4 file which plays with (say) VLC. You can even choose the quality.
Original post by alex_hk90
I use get_iplayer to do just what you're asking. :smile: It downloads to an MP4 file which plays with (say) VLC. You can even choose the quality.

PRSOM!

They no longer seem to provide downloads for HD programmes other than for their horrible Adobe AIR monstrosity, and I like downloading so I know I won't have any problems with stuttering or whatever.
Original post by alex_hk90

Thanks so much! :smile: PRSOM indeed.

And to everyone else: make sure you tune in! :biggrin:
Reply 1386
Original post by Chess Piece Face
Thanks so much! :smile: PRSOM indeed.

And to everyone else: make sure you tune in! :biggrin:

For sure :smile: Getting to watch it is one of the only things I'm glad about being back in England for. The weather is terrible and I've been unpacking all day (although that is partly my fault due to my insane amount of luggage).

Some-one please PLEASE tell me the whole Summer isn't going to be as rubbish (weather-wise) as this...
Reply 1387
Original post by Leipzig
For sure :smile: Getting to watch it is one of the only things I'm glad about being back in England for. The weather is terrible and I've been unpacking all day (although that is partly my fault due to my insane amount of luggage).

Some-one please PLEASE tell me the whole Summer isn't going to be as rubbish (weather-wise) as this...

The weather's great here? Or at least, hot by my standards!
Reply 1388
Original post by Slumpy
The weather's great here? Or at least, hot by my standards!

Define here :tongue: I'm in South London and it's been intermittently raining all day. Maybe it wasn't so bad, I've just got used to Continental weather...
Reply 1389
Original post by Leipzig
Define here :tongue: I'm in South London and it's been intermittently raining all day. Maybe it wasn't so bad, I've just got used to Continental weather...

Scotland! I've been working outside all day for the last week or two and it's been nice for almost all of it.
Original post by Slumpy
Scotland! I've been working outside all day for the last week or two and it's been nice for almost all of it.

:lolwut: How've you managed that? I've had people throughout the central belt and through the north moaning about the weather for the last week :p:

Original post by Leipzig

It was 32 degrees in Cambridge a week or two ago :p:
Reply 1391
Original post by TheUnbeliever
:lolwut: How've you managed that? I've had people throughout the central belt and through the north moaning about the weather for the last week :p:

Dunno, maybe I just attract warm weather! I did get soaked last night though, it has to be said(but then by 3am it was pretty nice to walk home in).
I thought the weather was fine today, but yesterday was ridiculous. Drove into Edinburgh and went through 3 different flood-heavy showers.
Reply 1393
I came across a subway yesterday that was flooded to about 2 and a half feet. I didn't go through it.
Reply 1394
Original post by Slumpy

I just realised I could have read your location description... apologies for being an idiot. Also, my grandparents in Inverness wrote to say that they were "disgusted with the weather" so it's not all good :P

Original post by TheUnbeliever
It was 32 degrees in Cambridge a week or two ago :p:

What the... okay then, complaint retracted! Although being further South, I'm pretty sure I should get more sun than you guys...
Original post by Leipzig
I just realised I could have read your location description... apologies for being an idiot. Also, my grandparents in Inverness wrote to say that they were "disgusted with the weather" so it's not all good :P

What the... okay then, complaint retracted! Although being further South, I'm pretty sure I should get more sun than you guys...

Do you prefer London to Scotland?
Reply 1396
Original post by The West Wing
Do you prefer London to Scotland?

Nope :tongue: Although I agree that London has, objectively, more to offer, I have no emotional connection to the place. I'm here to intern, to improve my job prospects, to increase my chances of leaving England ASAP... How about you, pleased to be here?
I made a cake in the shape of a swan for James' birthday: http://nbluckyduck.blogspot.com/2011/07/james-birthday-weekend.html :proud:
Original post by It could be lupus

Bah, looks like my year is really ruining Caius' score. Also looks like the ****'s going to hit the fan at Peterhouse again.

Latest

Trending

Trending