The Student Room Group

BarCap + BoAML Front Office Summer Insight Days (1st/2nd Yrs) !Updated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I did specify a few options available for shadowing, but when I got the offer it only mentioned FO role so should I assume its IBD?
Reply 181
Not necessarily from my experience I'd say the breakdown is about 10% shadow research, 30% IBD 30% Trading and 30% Sales but that's just from the people I spoke to and hard to get exact numbers given there were >25 of us there. Best bet is to e-mail campus recruitment if you want to shadow a particular division of the ones I just mentioned.
Reply 182
If anyone's online from the ones who applied for the 1st event at BarCap, did thoes of you who didn't get offers, did they send out official rejection letters or something or were you left waiting?
Who went to the BoAML day - how was it?
Original post by The_Don_123
Who went to the BoAML day - how was it?

Dull and trite. Best part of the day was the free lunch.
Original post by Zweihander
Dull and trite. Best part of the day was the free lunch.

And Mira or Meera. Not sure how she spells it. Fixed income sales trader girl..wowza:cig:
Original post by bluenose53
And Mira or Meera. Not sure how she spells it. Fixed income sales trader girl..wowza:cig:

During the networking lunch there must have been at least 10 guys standing around her :lol:
Reply 187
During the networking lunch there must have been at least 10 guys standing around her :lol:

Mira :smile:. I guess she can definitely sell us some crappy CDO's :smile:
Has Barcap emailed anyone stating their application has been 'unsuccessful' or just offer emails?
I'v got nothing. Don't really know if I should contact HR just yet :/
Original post by AyonFazal
Has Barcap emailed anyone stating their application has been 'unsuccessful' or just offer emails?

BarCap have just sent out rejection emails en masse. They've filled all their spaces up. I dont think they bother to assess all applicants, seems they just do it on a first come, first served basis.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 190
BarCap have just sent out rejection emails en masse. They've filled all their spaces up. I dont think they bother to assess all applicants, seems they just do it on a first come, first served basis.

I didn't get anything.

Standing around her? What's that supposed to achieve?
Reply 192

I did 3 sw's and interned at a hedge fund this summer and still didn't get a place on a crappy insight day! Thinking you must be right...or BarCap remember I turned down their sw offer....
Reply 193
Original post by AyonFazal

Original post by Indre
I didn't get anything.

Waiting also....
Reply 194

I agree.
Reply 195
Well I've not been contacted, and people have got a rejection letter so im assuming those not contacted and applied pre-deadline are still being assessed?
Original post by JayB23

Original post by JayB23
Well I've not been contacted, and people have got a rejection letter so im assuming those not contacted and applied pre-deadline are still being assessed?

Not sure, as apparently on the rejection email it says that all available places have been filled.
Reply 197
Original post by JayB23

Highly doubt it.
Reply 198
Original post by TomasK
Highly doubt it.

hmmm I doubt their cowboys.
Reply 199
rejection email in masses, just got one said dear all at the top. :-((

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending