The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Unless you're me and spend like 20 minutes on a personal statement :awesome:

(This is not advice).

When I first applied I hadn't decided what for so one afternoon I got bored and wrote a PS for three different subjects. I saved it to my memory stick and that was me done irrespective of what subject I decided to do (unless I changed my mind completely, which was possible).
(edited 12 years ago)
So do you guys all know what you're applying for yet? :smile: (Yes, I'm nosey :tongue:)
Original post by MissLightyear
So do you guys all know what you're applying for yet? :smile: (Yes, I'm nosey :tongue:)

Subject, yes. Unis... unsure of my last two choices. One's probably going to Bristol, then I'll put a really low-risk one. :/
Reply 243

Subject- decided (in sig)
University choices- still struggling on deciding my final choices although I have 2 definites

Progress so far
drafting personal statement
registered on UCAS still awaiting buzzword from college

what about yourself?

:smile:
Original post by punctuation
Subject, yes. Unis... unsure of my last two choices. One's probably going to Bristol, then I'll put a really low-risk one. :/

If youre going to put a low risk one at least make it one you like, just in case you end up going to it (although its not likely to happen unless you overestimate your ability and I doubt you are)

Original post by lilGem
Subject- decided (in sig)
University choices- still struggling on deciding my final choices although I have 2 definites

Progress so far
drafting personal statement
registered on UCAS still awaiting buzzword from college

what about yourself?

Sounds good :smile: Do you have any experience of Italian?

Im applying for Physiotherapy at University of Liverpool, UCLan, Manchester Met, University of Salford and Sheffield Hallam. (unless more Unis decide to do the course)

Luckily not many unis do the course so its easier to narrow it down
(edited 12 years ago)

Classics :colonhash:
If youre going to put a low risk one at least make it one you like, just in case you end up going to it (although its not likely to happen unless you overestimate your ability and I doubt you are)

yeah I agree. There's no point applying to a university you don't want to go to just because their standard offer is low :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
I think I'm going to put either Leeds or Reading for my low-risk. They both have some appealing qualities.
As long as you wouldnt mind going there if it did all go wrong :smile:
Reply 249
Sounds good :smile: Do you have any experience of Italian?

I'm doing the NVQ in Italian as my activity in college this year and I've done a bit of self teaching a few hours a week so a small amount- hoping to do Italian ab-initio.

good luck with your application! :smile:
Reply 250

I'm hoping to apply to study Economics at Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick + Durham, Exeter, Nottingham or Bath.

I've still got a few more open days to get to before I make my final decisions. Oh, and of course if my AS-Levels are below what I expect, my thoughts will be completely different!
Original post by lilGem
I'm doing the NVQ in Italian as my activity in college this year and I've done a bit of self teaching a few hours a week so a small amount- hoping to do Italian ab-initio.

good luck with your application! :smile:

I wish I could do languages ... It's always been one of my weaker subjects through High School :moon:

Good luck to you too :biggrin:

Original post by Groat
I'm hoping to apply to study Economics at Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick + Durham, Exeter, Nottingham or Bath.

I've still got a few more open days to get to before I make my final decisions. Oh, and of course if my AS-Levels are below what I expect, my thoughts will be completely different!

Wow, some good unis there! All the unis available to me have very similar entry requirements so unless I really mess up my AS my choices shouldnt change.

I have open days coming up too, missed a few though as I was unorganised and didnt check when they were :redface:

Good luck with your results :smile:
Reply 252
Original post by lilGem
Just done my first draft of my personal statement (applying for Spanish and Italian) and will be returning to college tomorrow along with the start of the whole UCAS process

any other MFL applicants?

Yup, me. Japanese Studies and Spanish, hopefully.

My college doesn't let us start applying until September but they've started showing us how to apply and how to look at courses.
Reply 253
Original post by Pi!
Yup, me. Japanese Studies and Spanish, hopefully.

My college doesn't let us start applying until September but they've started showing us how to apply and how to look at courses.

good luck! which universities are you thinking of?

we're starting our whole UCAS process in the next few weeks, hopefully getting the buzzword in the next fortnight.

so far we've just filled out a personal profile to help guide us with statements.

If you need any help with Japanese let me know as I've had some previous experience with it :smile:
Reply 254
Historyyyyyyyyy :biggrin:
Can't wait for University!
Reply 255

Wow, some good unis there! All the unis available to me have very similar entry requirements so unless I really mess up my AS my choices shouldnt change.

I have open days coming up too, missed a few though as I was unorganised and didnt check when they were :redface:

Good luck with your results :smile:

Good luck to you as well. :u:
Reply 256
Original post by lilGem
good luck! which universities are you thinking of?

we're starting our whole UCAS process in the next few weeks, hopefully getting the buzzword in the next fortnight.

so far we've just filled out a personal profile to help guide us with statements.

If you need any help with Japanese let me know as I've had some previous experience with it :smile:

I'm thinking of applying to Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle (Japanese and Linguistics, they don't do Spanish and Japanese), Oxford Brookes and Leeds. I've only looked at Manchester so far, but I'm going to Sheffield next month and SOAS in October. I don't really want to go to SOAS because I don't want to stay in London but it can't hurt to look.

Hoping to apply for maths at Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial and maybe Nottingham and UEA (but not defininte for last two)

What about you?
Reply 258
Original post by Pi!
I'm thinking of applying to Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle (Japanese and Linguistics, they don't do Spanish and Japanese), Oxford Brookes and Leeds. I've only looked at Manchester so far, but I'm going to Sheffield next month and SOAS in October. I don't really want to go to SOAS because I don't want to stay in London but it can't hurt to look.

Oh quite similar to myself particularly Manchester/ Sheffield and Leeds. I cannot see myself going to a university in London though :colondollar:
Original post by like_a_star
Hoping to apply for maths at Cambridge, Warwick, Imperial and maybe Nottingham and UEA (but not defininte for last two)

What about you?

I feel a bit stupid after asking this question :wink: Just out of interest what are you thinking of as a career? I know a few people applying for Maths but they dont know career wise :smile:

Im applying for Physiotherapy at University of Liverpool, UCLan, Manchester Met, University of Salford and Sheffield Hallam. (unless more Unis decide to do the course)

Latest

Trending

Trending