The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
I was just wondering do u have to put ur AS level grades for entry in 2012 or my predicted grades would be just fine
Original post by joeade94
I was just wondering do u have to put ur AS level grades for entry in 2012 or my predicted grades would be just fine

I think both.
Original post by joeade94

It depends whether they certificate. If you get the certificate then you put the grade otherwise you put pending.
Reply 583
Collegiate unis are so much hassle :frown: But at least I've got a slight excuse for why I'm not writing my PS...

Original post by Aesc
Collegiate unis are so much hassle :frown: But at least I've got a slight excuse for why I'm not writing my PS...

Your fault for applying to more than one... :wink:
Original post by Aesc

have you picked one for Durham yet? :s-smilie:
Reply 586
Original post by medbh4805
have you picked one for Durham yet? :s-smilie:

It's a bugger that I can't get to an open day, but I think the unique layout of Trevelyan's is enough to win me over. I had a shortlist of about five and then looked at some threads on here, and that was enough to convince me
My Cambridge shortlist is about 10 but I'll go more selective after the open day, luckily I am going to that
And obviously you'll have lots of opportunity to look around Oxford :smile:

Original post by fluteflute
Your fault for applying to more than one... :wink:

You'd better watch out too if you're considering Oxford and York :P
You're another going to UNIQ, right? I'm sure I recognise your user name
Had Uni of Reading open day yesterday. Was NOT impressed.

We got told that there'd be a shuttle bus frm the station to the uni. Would have been nice if the open day helpers had been stood infront of the station to direct us to where the bus was picking us up, they weren't. Was manic in the student union. Uni. language programme doesnt go beyond A level, and I can't combine german and chemistry. But I could spend a year in Germany, not that I'm willing to when I wont have studied german in two years!

Chem. departent wasn't great, got told befre going into the analytical chemistry bit, 'don't touch anything, I don't know whats been on the benches'. Which is worrying concidering that in that room its all computers and analytical equipment! Not allowed to use the NMR sectronomers until 4th Yr, get to use the smallest, cheapest one in first yr at sheffield. Chem. equpiment looked old. Looking at the results for this years Bsc chemistry lot, quite a few failed to get a 2:2.

Library opening hours are... not great. 9am til midnight mon-thurs fri was something like 9-11pm and the opening hours at the weekend something like 11-5pm. Not great when you have a strike of inspiration at three in the morning!

Campus is pretty, but too big, far too many large trees/ bushes to the extent its probably dangerous. People who werent on the open day were able to come onsite as and when they wished. Wasn't much in the way of CCTV.

Wessex hall was what you'd call, a bit scummy. Threadbare carpets in the corridors, the place didnt smell clean, and you'd think she'dve made an effort to clean up the kitchen, put all the pots away etc when your showing people around it on open day! Worryingly got told 'the 'library' is probably the quietest place in the halls'. Suggests the place gets very noisy/ some people don't give a toss about others.
Original post by Aesc
It's a bugger that I can't get to an open day, but I think the unique layout of Trevelyan's is enough to win me over. I had a shortlist of about five and then looked at some threads on here, and that was enough to convince me
My Cambridge shortlist is about 10 but I'll go more selective after the open day, luckily I am going to that
And obviously you'll have lots of opportunity to look around Oxford :smile:

:beard: I think if I told people I was going somewhere called "Trevelyan College" I might end up losing some friends :lol: I don't think I'll be able to get to the open day either, after my exams finish I'm going to have to start researching these things properly....:colonhash:
Reply 589
:beard: I think if I told people I was going somewhere called "Trevelyan College" I might end up losing some friends :lol: I don't think I'll be able to get to the open day either, after my exams finish I'm going to have to start researching these things properly....:colonhash:

:O What's wrong with it? It's a cool name! Some college names are horrendous... I'm looking at you, Van Mildert...
Good luck with the rest then :smile:
Original post by Groat
UCAS 2012

How many of you have registered UCAS Apply for 2012? I was given my school's buzzword yesterday and am already whizzing through the standard sections.

I guess this could be a great place to gather questions and discussion.

Good luck everyone with their applications! I'm sure we will have a few exciting months together. :u:

We're stating with school on July 1st but ive been reseaching courses for months!!!!!!! haha
What do you want to do??
Reply 591
Original post by BeccaCath94
We're stating with school on July 1st but ive been reseaching courses for months!!!!!!! haha
What do you want to do??

I'm hoping to study Economics. How about yourself?
Reply 592
Everyone had their talk about Personal Statements and UCAS? :tongue:
I've got a question about UCAS.

Because I've already sat A Level Maths and AS Physics, do not certificate Maths because I'm going to sit Further Maths too. In UCAS Education section, should I write my grades from modules (for example: Mechanics 1 : 95, etc) or everything pending? UCAS is a new tool for me because I'm international student. If someone could help, I'll be so greatful !

Pawel
Original post by Aesc
:O What's wrong with it? It's a cool name! Some college names are horrendous... I'm looking at you, Van Mildert...
Good luck with the rest then :smile:

Have you never heard the Fields of Athenry??? Trevelyan ranks right up there with Cromwell in terms of people hated in Ireland (in retrospect there is no reason why you would know this so I'm sorry for assuming you would :sigh: )

that is a horrible name, imagine that on your CV :teehee:
:hi:

I was gonna start it pretty soon anyway but my college made me start it anyway so bleh...will most likely need PS help when I get to it.

I be watching this thread. :eyeball:
I'm currently in year 12 and wanting to apply for UCAS 2012, but to be hounest, I have no idea what direction my life is going in. My GCSE's weren't exactly that good:

Maths - B
English Language - A*
English Literature - B
Core Science - B
Additional Science - B
History - A
Religious Studies - A
French - B
Media Studies - A
I.T - Distinction (A + A*)

Also, here are my A level predictions:

Biology - A/B
History A/A*
Double Sport - Distinction (A+A)

In terms of a degree, my brain is practically disintegrating with the things I have gone through, such as advice from teachers, as well as teachers talking me down on things I want to do! I would like to do A level maths in a year, for which I am highly confident I can do, my teachers have no confidence in me, and this will hinder my chances of doing a degree at University. I would like to do something in politics, physiology or history. Can someone please save me from this miserable circle of confusion and help me choose my direction in life?
Hey! :smile:
I'm applying as well, I'm hoping to do Primary Teacher Education somewhere. My school have just started us off with our A2s now and I'm proper panicking, seeing as the results come out in August, plus I've just missed the first two weeks as I've been on work experience in one of the local schools! I've got 4 or 5 unis in mind, but I'm not sure what other unis do PTE with QTS when you finish that don't have high entry requirements like 280-300 UCAS points as I'm predicted Cs and I just don't think I can get much better than that..
Currently in Maccies in Liverpool after visiting University of Liverpool today :smile: absolutely in love with it, its only a short train ride away, and right close to the centre :biggrin: love the course too (physio) as its 65% practical and small groups (9/10)! Shame about the accents :colondollar:
Reply 599
Have you never heard the Fields of Athenry??? Trevelyan ranks right up there with Cromwell in terms of people hated in Ireland (in retrospect there is no reason why you would know this so I'm sorry for assuming you would :sigh: )

that is a horrible name, imagine that on your CV :teehee:

I'm afraid I'm not keyed up on Irish history, but it's not named after that Trevelyan (whoever he is), rather a Chancellor from the 50s

:teehee: It's a cross between mildew and dirt... And a Dutch fella...
What's the worst named Oxford college, d'ya reckon? Cambridge has Sidney Sussex, which I'm sure is fantastic but reminds me of Oxford Brookes, Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam that sort of thing :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending