The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Contrad!ction.
Argh I'm struggling with the first sentence of my PS and I really want to hit 'submit'.

''You should accept me because I'm kick ass at maths''
Original post by Daicy
:smile: It can be really hard to try to have to put down into words why you like and want to do a subject.

Maybe it will help to bullet point what you want to put in each paragraph first, then expand on that.

The rest of it's fine, I just need to improve the opening.

I find it really hard to explain why I like maths :tongue:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain

Although true, somehow I doubt they'd like that :tongue:
Reply 7983
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain

xD If I could +rep you for that, I would.

I think I posted about these proposals somewhere earlier in this thread, but it may have been another one. The info we were sent as careers advisors said they were aiming for 2014 for the standardised offer days, but maybe they've revised it. I think it's a good idea to minimise the stress on applicants. At least, like results day, you'd have a specific time rather than fretting every 10 minutes whether Track has updated.
Reply 7985
Original post by Contrad!ction.
The rest of it's fine, I just need to improve the opening.

I find it really hard to explain why I like maths :tongue:

Considering you are taking maths, are you not much of a writer? Like, you are more of a number person than words person? :smile:
Original post by Daicy
Considering you are taking maths, are you not much of a writer? Like, you are more of a number person than words person? :smile:

Definitely. I've got to open it with something that links to the next sentence where I say 'because of how I like to look at new maths stuff, I self taught stuff' - obviously not a direct quote :tongue:
What do you wear for a visit day? :/
Original post by Lewis :D
What do you wear for a visit day? :/

Clothes. -nods-
Original post by .snowflake.
Clothes. -nods-

:lol:! My mother thinks I should wear something smart, but the day consists of tours around the campus and a small, relaxed 15 minute interview at the end of the day so I don't see the point personally. I'd rather wear something I felt comfortable in :dunno:
Original post by Lewis :D
:lol:! My mother thinks I should wear something smart, but the day consists of tours around the campus and a small, relaxed 15 minute interview at the end of the day so I don't see the point personally. I'd rather wear something I felt comfortable in :dunno:

I'm a mother and it goes against the grain to be disloyal to the club, but you are right.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'm a mother and it goes against the grain to be disloyal to the club, but you are right.

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 7992
Original post by emma363
Got my first offer yesterday :biggrin: insurance sorted now I need a firm!

Congrats! What for? And what's the offer?

But for a proper interview it should be smart, right? I have an interview at UEA and it involves a presentation and some department tours too. I don't want to look too out of place :tongue:
Got out of hospital last night AND got an e-mail today inviting me to a UCAS day and interview at Royal Holloway. Fantastic :smile:
I hope everyone else has has such an excellent start to the week!
Original post by Taurus05

Original post by Taurus05
Congrats! What for? And what's the offer?

Thanks! Human bio at loughborough :smile: so happy I got BBB rather than ABB as my hopeful firm is ABB :smile:
Original post by juliewho
But for a proper interview it should be smart, right? I have an interview at UEA and it involves a presentation and some department tours too. I don't want to look too out of place :tongue:

If it's an interview, then yes, smart. Easier for girls than boys, actually. A suit is a bit OTT for a university interview, but girls have a wider range of options. I think the rule is just to look clean.
If it's an interview, then yes, smart. Easier for girls than boys, actually. A suit is a bit OTT for a university interview, but girls have a wider range of options. I think the rule is just to look clean.

I think i'll just go and buy a longer skirt and maybe a coloured shirt if i'm feeling wild. I'd like to think I look clean anyway, but this is a brilliant excuse for going shopping :tongue:
Original post by juliewho
I think i'll just go and buy a longer skirt and maybe a coloured shirt if i'm feeling wild. I'd like to think I look clean anyway, but this is a brilliant excuse for going shopping :tongue:

Work it for all it's worth! :biggrin:
Original post by Ohlavelle
Got out of hospital last night AND got an e-mail today inviting me to a UCAS day and interview at Royal Holloway. Fantastic :smile:
I hope everyone else has has such an excellent start to the week!

Well, that's very good news! Hope the week continues to be as good.

Latest

Trending

Trending