The Student Room Group

Barclays online statements

I have a questions regarding online statements.

Once a statement comes in (say April - June), can you then remove it from your online banking history?

Or is it permanent?
Dos anyone know? Basically I have some transactions i'd rather my parents never saw, so hoping to see out the month then remove the online statement from barclays online.

Is this possible?
Reply 2
Original post by gottacatchthemall
I have a questions regarding online statements.

Once a statement comes in (say April - June), can you then remove it from your online banking history?

Or is it permanent?

Why would your parents see your online statement anyway? Nevertheless, Barclays only ever hold x amount of data online for security purposes so it will be 'removed' in due course.
Original post by evantej
Why would your parents see your online statement anyway? Nevertheless, Barclays only ever hold x amount of data online for security purposes so it will be 'removed' in due course.

They might ask to see them?

Anyway so do you have barclays? When viewing previous online statements, do you have the option of viewing, then removing?
Reply 4
They might ask to see them?

Anyway so do you have barclays? When viewing previous online statements, do you have the option of viewing, then removing?

:confused:

Interesting family situation... I do. I am not sure and I cannot be bothered to check either. I do know they only hold data online for so long though.
Dos anyone know? Basically I have some transactions i'd rather my parents never saw, so hoping to see out the month then remove the online statement from barclays online.

Is this possible?

Why would your parents want to see stuff to do with your bank account? My parents only care if the money's coming out of their account. You don't have to show them anything.
Reply 6
Am trying to do it as well, have u been able to figure it out
Reply 7

Is this possible?

Lol. Just don't let your parents see.

I suspect you will be unable to hide previous statements. Barclays certainly won't delete it's own records of the transactions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending