The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
thanks everyone. just have to wait and see.
i dont care no more
^ You're lucky, you got tons of offers! Im depending on this crappy exam to decide my future..
Reply 23
we were told that this year the pass mark is likely to be 18 out of 30. I sat mine in October 2005 and havent had my lnat result sent to me though only one of my unis asked for it and theyve offered me a place (kings).
Reply 24
aliya
we were told that this year the pass mark is likely to be 18 out of 30..

From the official LNAT site -

Q)What is the pass mark for the LNAT?
A) There is no pass mark.

To clarify.

Jo x
aliya
we were told that this year the pass mark is likely to be 18 out of 30. I sat mine in October 2005 and havent had my lnat result sent to me though only one of my unis asked for it and theyve offered me a place (kings).

Who told you thats what it was if the lnat website says otherwise?
Reply 26
there is no official pass mark obviously but a lady who writes the lnat came to my school to tell us about it and she said that last year most unis just made the cut off point at a certain mark and this year it was likely to be 18/30. It is usually the average national score. Each uni is different as they are just sent the scores and it is up to them what they feel is the msot effective way to use it to differentiate between applicants. Just from the lady herself, so i dunno maybe im wrong ?
Reply 27
yer
in truth there probs are pass marks set by each lnat uni that you apply

i know that oxford rejected a lot of law apps without interview based on their lnat scores. It says that each uni will be free to interpret the lnat in different ways but im pretty sure that for most, because the lant is still relatively new, theyll just set a minimum socre you have to get for them to consider you

and it doesnt matter when you took the lnat, everyone should get it from the end of january onwards and i dont think anyone has theirs yet, so not too long to wait...
I had a really wierd dream last night that i got 16/30.. we'll see if it comes true.. if it doesn that would be super wierd!! (sorry i just had to post that down lol)
Reply 29
I really don´t know what to expect. Would be shocking to get something like 10/30.
I´m not bad at reading/analysing/interpreting/deriving information from a text or anything but I´m just not sure how well I did. I´m not as good as native speakers anyway, as I grew up in Germany (my mother´s from England though).
Getting to the test centre was so distressing (3 hours´ journey to Hamburg, almost got lost, turned out the test centre was a monstrous building with about 50 entrances and by time I sat in front of the computer screen I felt close to nervous breakdown...)
I have applied to 4 unis which require the lnat and two which do not. So far I´ve received one offer (with no lnat required) and one rejection. The others still appear as "sent" on ucas track.
Do we get our results by e-mail? Otherwise it would take even longer before I got them...
would be nice to know that I´d be good enough to study law in England
Reply 30
I'm beginning to worry too. Lots of people seem to have Bristol and Nottingham offers too, but mine still says sent. There really seems to be no real way to know.
At least the wait is almost over.
Keep smiling everyone!
A friend did the LNAT in October. Will she get the results by post or will they be emailed to her ? She has been obsessively checking her email !
Reply 32
31st january by e-mail ...:redface: help!!!!
Reply 33
hahaha! :smile: well, I know because I asked a UEA representative. He told me, that to get an offer you need to get at least 16, and for scholarship -more than 16.
Happy now? :smile:
Reply 34
ohh I can't wait no longer!!
I got a feeling I done really really...$hit!
Just gotta wait and see now.
Btw are you guys sure its on the 31st?
xxnizxx
ohh I can't wait no longer!!
I got a feeling I done really really...$hit!
Just gotta wait and see now.
Btw are you guys sure its on the 31st?

Well the lnat website states the end of January so it must be by then?
Reply 36
Yeah I heard we were to get them on the 31st by email... nothing yet
Reply 37
"How do I get my LNAT result?
You don't - at least not right away. If you take the test on or before 15 January 2006, you will receive an email notification of your LNAT result at the end of January 2006. If you take the test after 15 January 2006, you will receive your LNAT result at the end of June 2006."

This is what it says on the lnat website. Has anyone heard yet?
They´ll probably send them to us at 23:59 or so - and I know I´ll have checked my mails 100 times by then. I just can´t wait! It´ll probably be terribly frustrating though....
Has anyone got theirs yet??
Reply 39
Nope, I think they are going to really stretch the definition of "end of January" although my place is sorted I have a competition with a friend to see who won, we should have bet our LNAT fee for it, although in his case he had to pay for 3 tests, through missing a test or not having his ID.

Good luck everyone,

Latest

Trending

Trending