The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Woohoo! Finally got LNAT score through, i got a 21 !!! So i hope Glasgow offers me a place! Is 21 good, i know the email said that the average was 16.9, but how exactly are the universities going to be judging the scores?
Not sure how they do it but apparently 18 is a kinda cut off level for many. But i could be wrong. I would say it's a combination between the grades, personal s'ment and lnat for many of the unis in scotland in my opinion.

Well done on ur score btw- i got 22 and glasgow have offered me a place, so it's all good...:yy: sure u'll get ur reply back soon!

Just tryin to see how many people are lookin at going to glasgow for law as there first choice....got 2 so far i think...

oh and btw excellent song:
losing all my balance falling from a wire made for you:smile:
fundamentally
City will accept you.

You have a 30 - 40% chance of getting into QM.
You will probably not get into Leeds, SOAS or Kings ( about a 90% probablity of rejection )
( Leeds Met is a different beast and accepts almost everyone )

Warwick will reject you.

I also read palms for a modest fee of 5 pounds...

Great...well..I guess we can have you as the UCAS admissions officer for Law, at least your quantitative method of selection will ensure numerical accuracy across the spectrum of applicants. :rolleyes:
I've applied to Glasgow(first choice), Dundee, strathclyde and Edinburgh. Only heard back from Dundee (unconditional), but my ucas application was pretty late around end of December so i'm not surprised they are taking a while responding. Really want an unconditional from Glasgow though...
And well done with your score - nice one!
Reply 125
Yeah i do too! Glasgow Uni's Law School looks amazing and i have friends on the LLB course there and they say that it's an amazing degree, god the suspense is killing me, i wish Glasgow and Edinburgh would hurry up and let me know whether or not they're going to offer me a space! damn them!
cheers!

yeh I would imagine you would get somethin from glasgow soon considering my ucas went away 6th dec and i got an offer 27th january.

btw do you know anythin about the applicants visit day for law students for glasgow? I see they are not involved in the official one on March 21st...

and did u go to strathclyde open day last year cos i missed it and am not sure wat the law dept is like there?

apologies for the many questions, lol :p:
Reply 127
Yeah i did, they're law department looks pretty good, and by all accounts Strathclyde have stolen all of Glasgow's best law lecturers... not sure how accurate that information is but it came from someone who has just finished their LLB at Glasgow. According to the Times best University guide for Law Strathclyde in 11th and Glasgow's 12th... it's something like that anyway... anyway Strathclyde is rated higher. You will get a letter out later saying when Glasgow will have its Law applicant's visit within the next couple of months, probably. My friend Jen went last year and it was around April... i think... so don't quote me i could be mistaken. I probably haven't heard from Glasgow as the most i can be offered is a 'conditional offer'.

P.S Maximo Park rawk, don't they?!!!!!!!!
Hi there well i did so well that i made all of you get into your unis. I got 12 in my lnat and still have not been given a reply to any of my lnat unis.

Brunel: Conditional 320pts
Manchester: Rejection
UCL: Sent
KCL: Sent
Nottingham: Sent
Warwick: Sent
It's a tough one between Glasgow and Strathclyde.mmmm.... I hear Glasgow's in quite a bit of debt so it doesn't look that grt for the future, although the uni looks magic.

I just want to get my acceptance in after the applicant's days bt before all the accommodation gets booked up, although I'm not quite sure how that system works either.

Anyway, got ages yet so I'll just sit back and relax....doing mod studies revision for the prelim tmoz- wonderful! :eek:

Ps. Indeed they do- saw them at the barrowlands in dec, then at the carling acad on friday when they definitely stole the show from those now 'mild' monkeys:yy:
I got 18! Yipee! For me that's, like, amazing, and much better than I got on the practice tests. It seems to rest above the "cutoff" point for uni shortlisting and is above the national average slightly. So I'm well chuffed, as I knew the LNAT was probably going to be the weakest part of my application.

Still not heard from Durham though. Come on, hurry up.... please?
Reply 131
bigdave0245
Hi there well i did so well that i made all of you get into your unis. I got 12 in my lnat and still have not been given a reply to any of my lnat unis.

Brunel: Conditional 320pts
Manchester: Rejection
UCL: Sent
KCL: Sent
Nottingham: Sent
Warwick: Sent

A score of twelve would be deemed 'marginal' even by last year's standards, so one should probably anticipate rejection.
Reply 132
megan88
I have a friend who goes to cambridge (Homerton) and she'd back you up on that apparantly the smartest guy in her class got 3 in the LNAT! Cambridge hardly use it which does seem stupid because they probably have to pay alot to suscribe to it!

My friend is VERY bright and he got 14 but my rather dim friend (who admits he has no sense) got 21. Just thort i wud add that note.
Reply 133
Jiffa
My friend is VERY bright and he got 14 but my rather dim friend (who admits he has no sense) got 21. Just thort i wud add that note.

I think unis should still interview- the LNAT is a critical thinkin, reasoning test it has nothing to do with your ability to study law in my opinion! and not just casue i didnt do that well in it!
I went to the Bristol law open day today and the head of law admissions said 'anything in the 20s I suppose is a good score', though it's not a case of pass/fail.
Reply 135
Yo (and hello azam)

I got 23 (which was nice). Did anyone else find it amazingly difficult?

I'm glad I don't get my essay back, for all I care I never want to see it again!!!

I have my firm and insurance offers which is quality :biggrin:
St John's Cambridge AAA
LSE AAA

Peace and good luck to all with their applications - hope you get where you want
Reply 136
Just to say, I managed to get 24.

Cam (sideny sussex) - rejected
UCL waiting
Kings AABbb
LSE AAA
Queen Mary ABB
City ABB

predicted AAAaa
10 A* at gcse

well done to everyoen btw
Reply 137
yeah i got 24!!! im petty happy with that. i thought the average was pretty low. i thought the qs wereharder than the practice ones i had done before but i still got the same mark i had been getting. well done everyone and hope it helps ur uni applications.x
Reply 138
well done everyone!!!!!!!!!!
lol i only manage 17

Latest

Trending

Trending