The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xgoldenx
That was for 2011 entry, I think they've lowered the numbers of interviews this year.. :s

no i think it was 1200 iterviews for 2011 entry, again im not too sure, thats what people said on tsr
Does it mean it's going to be a rejection if you still haven't heard back yet? :frown:
Original post by Nnuunnuu
no i think it was 1200 iterviews for 2011 entry, again im not too sure, thats what people said on tsr

Nope, Not according to this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Competition_Ratios :P
Original post by xgoldenx
That was for 2011 entry, I think they've lowered the numbers of interviews this year.. :s

how do people know they've lowered the number of interviews this year?

Maybe they're guessing! :tongue:
just called them up, they said they are still processing applications. I asked them when is there last interview date and they said they don't know yet but they are currently holding interviews until the end of February
Original post by handsome7654
Does it mean it's going to be a rejection if you still haven't heard back yet? :frown:

It's not a rejection until it's a rejection! They could've rejected us already, but they haven't - we shouldn't give up hope yet! :smile:

I remember reading somewhere that at the open day,they said they're lowering the number of interviews this year? :confused:
Original post by dragonfly647
It's not a rejection until it's a rejection! They could've rejected us already, but they haven't - we shouldn't give up hope yet! :smile:

True but what if the rejection failed to reach us or something! Lol :tongue:
Original post by handsome7654
True but what if the rejection failed to reach us or something! Lol :tongue:

But what if they have sent an interview that has failed to reach us yet and we may get an e-mail any day now asking us to confirm attendance?! :smile:
Original post by dragonfly647
But what if they have sent an interview that has failed to reach us yet and we may get an e-mail any day now asking us to confirm attendance?! :smile:

Lol thats too good to be true!! :eek::tongue:
I still havent heard from here. So annoying
Reply 1392
Original post by levantine
I still havent heard from here. So annoying

Where else have you applied?
Reply 1393
I have received an email on 26-01 asking for an up to date reference and predicted grades as they can't process my application without them. I have send in my predicted grades, but my referee wasn't sure what to write as she didn't have anything to add. I sent an email to Liverpool 11 days ago to ask what they wish to see in the new reference, but I haven't received an answer yet. Do I need to call them or shall I wait for a reply? I don't want to sound needy and they're probably really busy, but then again, I don't want them to reject me, because my referee's too lazy to write something.
got my interview tomorrow, any last minute tips?
Reply 1395
Original post by questionandanswer

dress well
no cologne/perfume
cut your nails
get good sleep
dont start off with "uh so this is BSMS right??"
dont end off with "so when do I get my offer?"

good luck
Reply 1396

I had mine today :smile: Just be confident, smile and don't expect any tables :cool:
Original post by myyrh
I had mine today :smile: Just be confident, smile and don't expect any tables :cool:

how were the questions?

were they all the standard, expected questions?
Reply 1398
how were the questions?

were they all the standard, expected questions?

Yep, really friendly panel too. Only thing I'm a bit worried about was how short the interview was :s-smilie:
Reply 1399
Original post by myyrh
Yep, really friendly panel too. Only thing I'm a bit worried about was how short the interview was :s-smilie:

same here, it was over in a flash.

not sure if that's a good sign or not. it felt like they rushed me on some levels and i really wanted to elaborate on certain things :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending