The Student Room Group

don't want to leave home :(

i currently live in doncaster, south yorkshire and move to galashiels in scotland on the 3rd of september, all summer i have known how scared i am to move and how much i will miss everyone, however as it gets closer I am actually dreading it!
i only got accepted to this university so my parents are forcing me to go, I said i wasn't ready to move so far and wanted to do a foundation year here but they won't let me because they feel university is the better move.
i just need some reassurance i will be okay once i move, and if anyone else feels this way or felt this way?
i'm really close to my mum so not seeing her everyday will be the hardest!
Curious, why apply to somewhere so far away then?

If you really don't want to go, noone can make you. I'm assuming you're 18 now. On the other hand, you are getting het up over nothing, you'll make new friends and wonder why you ever felt like this!
Reply 2
I got terribly worked up when I was about to leave for university! Not healthy. Really: you'll be okay. Try not to think about it too much.
Missing your family and friends will be natural. You can always phone them everyday and keep in touch.
There will be plenty of people in Scotland that are just as nice as those in Doncaster.
All you have to do is go out and meet them.
Original post by kierajadexo

i currently live in doncaster, south yorkshire and move to galashiels in scotland on the 3rd of september, all summer i have known how scared i am to move and how much i will miss everyone, however as it gets closer I am actually dreading it!
i only got accepted to this university so my parents are forcing me to go, I said i wasn't ready to move so far and wanted to do a foundation year here but they won't let me because they feel university is the better move.
i just need some reassurance i will be okay once i move, and if anyone else feels this way or felt this way?
i'm really close to my mum so not seeing her everyday will be the hardest!

What? I wish I were in your position. Just think of the wide opportunities there will be when you move out.
Reply 5
Hi, the first few days will seem strange but trust me, you will get used to it and make friends. You can always go back to see your mum at weekends..
Reply 6
Moving out is one of the best parts of going to university.

And I say this as someone that has awesome, ultra relaxed parents.
Reply 7
I feel the same as you, dreading moving out and really doubt if i'll be able to cope and I'm only moving an hour away from home!!! I'm seem alot younger than my friends and think i'll struggle more than others. I really feel for you as it must be so much harder cause you're going so far away from home.
I'm sure there will be loads of other people that feel like us and also I know that people can get used to anything in enough time. Couldn't you look for another course in extra or clearing? I'm not sure how it works really? If your going to be unhappy its not worth going, tell your parents exactly how your feeling

Goodluck :smile:
Reply 8
i live near donny and cant wait to go back to uni away from the area personally, defo the better move
Reply 9
i currently live in doncaster, south yorkshire and move to galashiels in scotland on the 3rd of september, all summer i have known how scared i am to move and how much i will miss everyone, however as it gets closer I am actually dreading it!i only got accepted to this university so my parents are forcing me to go, I said i wasn't ready to move so far and wanted to do a foundation year here but they won't let me because they feel university is the better move.i just need some reassurance i will be okay once i move, and if anyone else feels this way or felt this way?i'm really close to my mum so not seeing her everyday will be the hardest!
What's your status now!? After 7 years, what do u feel about it now?
Reply 10
Good necroing this thread, I would like to know as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending