The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Now the interviews are over I just feel like I need to ask: Are we allowed to talk about the article now? Or the interview in detail? Or both? Just wondering..
Original post by Future Doc
Urgh. End of Feb is going to turn into beginning of March isn't it?

It's already turned into mid-march :grumble:
Original post by RollerBall
I'm not entirely sure what you mean but from my experience BATL is one of the "whiter" or at least mixed medical schools I know of.

I've been living under a rock all this time. I thought most of the medical schools in the country had majority white people with the exception of a few.
Original post by Normandy114
It's already turned into mid-march :grumble:

How come? FML
Original post by Future Doc
How come? FML

A couple people phoned up asking about when we'll hear back for A100 yesterday and they said mid March.
Original post by ViceVersa
Now the interviews are over I just feel like I need to ask: Are we allowed to talk about the article now? Or the interview in detail? Or both? Just wondering..

I'd like you to wait until the first offer is given out.

Just in case BL for whatever reason decide to reopen interviews for another day or two

(this is a VERY unlikely scenario, but you can't be too safe)

Another week or so VV, then you can spam about the details all you want :tongue:
Reply 4206
Original post by ViceVersa

We can't be 100% sure there's no interviews after 28th, it could be that there are non-tsr users who have interviews after that and with the increase in applicants, I wouldn't be surprised... so to be safe, I think we shouldn't quite yet :smile:
Original post by Cleoleo
We can't be 100% sure there's no interviews after 28th, it could be that there are non-tsr users who have interviews after that and with the increase in applicants, I wouldn't be surprised... so to be safe, I think we shouldn't quite yet :smile:

There are currently no more arranged interviews. The last ones were today.

As a current student we get e-mailed asking if we can help and were told today was the last day. But to be safe I'm not allowing specific interview discussion just yet :yy:
Original post by Cleoleo

I think someone (PSQ just did too) confirmed here today was indeed the last interview date. But okay..

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
I'd like you to wait until the first offer is given out.

Another week or so VV, then you can spam about the details all you want :tongue:

Okay, I'll wait :moon:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Hey, I never said we'd be going for a night out. I said I'd have a few bevvies and probably wouldn't be going out since noone goes out on a thursday.

It's on a Wednesday?? :colone:

Any pre-fresher brave enough to come drinking with us would be coming to tables. The sports drinking night.
We will ruin you. FACT.

That page is so true :yep:

:rofl:

I hope you had no intention of going to Imperial med school then :tongue:

I've got the stones to go, don't know if I can get the leave though.
Original post by alice24
Hi everyone,
I havent really posted on here so the regulars on here wont know me, but ive been following this thread like crazy, barts is my first choice what can i say!

So two things really..
1) im confused as too the dates about offers... and rejections :frown:... is it mid march or is that really to bide for time and as recent posts have suggested it's really much sooner as in next week?
2) Also i was wondering if anyone had the same interview experience as me? , i felt it went okay i didnt trip up or say absoutely the wrong thing but they weren't what i would say as friendly to me as some people have suggested talking about their hobbies!!, at times one interviewer looked at the other not necessarily in what looked like an encouraging way and what they did ask me didnt give me a chance to sell myself and what ive done more opinon questions that not much really could be said or anything brought in. i mean i guess my personal statement has it infront of them but just wondered what people thought about my experience?

sorry for the essay/story
thanks x

I didn't notice the looking thing but it seemed a lot more like they wanted to get to know me than hear me "selling myself"
It's like
We've seen your PS, you've got the academics, now what are you like?
That's how it felt anyway, i got slightly thrown by the lack of like structure, by far the most open interview i've had to date.
Reply 4211
Original post by joemullally
I didn't notice the looking thing but it seemed a lot more like they wanted to get to know me than hear me "selling myself"
It's like
We've seen your PS, you've got the academics, now what are you like?
That's how it felt anyway, i got slightly thrown by the lack of like structure, by far the most open interview i've had to date.

Maybe 'selling youself' is the wrong phrase but have the ability to bring in experiences that have led to believe what you are saying, and therefore by doing that making ure self more appealing. Oh yes defentilly open, oh i guess i cant change anything now just hope they liked me and the offer: interview ratio is encouraging. Fingers crossed we hear soon :P
Original post by alice24
Maybe 'selling youself' is the wrong phrase but have the ability to bring in experiences that have led to believe what you are saying, and therefore by doing that making ure self more appealing. Oh yes defentilly open, oh i guess i cant change anything now just hope they liked me and the offer: interview ratio is encouraging. Fingers crossed we hear soon :P

That's what I mean.
Still, my interview last about 10 minutes (not the 15-20 they said it would be) and half of it was discussing rugby.
So I dunno shows teamwork etc etc etc but it felt a bit like they were looking for an open side flanker as well as a med student :P
That's what I mean.
Still, my interview last about 10 minutes (not the 15-20 they said it would be) and half of it was discussing rugby.
So I dunno shows teamwork etc etc etc but it felt a bit like they were looking for an open side flanker as well as a med student :P

You know I have heard of interviews where they talk about random things but I always wonder... how did it get to rugby in the first place?
Original post by MuffinMonster
You know I have heard of interviews where they talk about random things but I always wonder... how did it get to rugby in the first place?

Tell us what you do for extra curricular?
Well, there's x,y and rugby.
Oh rugby? Been watching the 6 nations? What position do you play? Who was your mother's brothers first cousin? type thing.
Reply 4215
Original post by alice24
Hi everyone,
I havent really posted on here so the regulars on here wont know me, but ive been following this thread like crazy, barts is my first choice what can i say!

So two things really..
1) im confused as too the dates about offers... and rejections :frown:... is it mid march or is that really to bide for time and as recent posts have suggested it's really much sooner as in next week?
2) Also i was wondering if anyone had the same interview experience as me? , i felt it went okay i didnt trip up or say absoutely the wrong thing but they weren't what i would say as friendly to me as some people have suggested talking about their hobbies!!, at times one interviewer looked at the other not necessarily in what looked like an encouraging way and what they did ask me didnt give me a chance to sell myself and what ive done more opinon questions that not much really could be said or anything brought in. i mean i guess my personal statement has it infront of them but just wondered what people thought about my experience?

sorry for the essay/story
thanks x

don't worry, I had a similar experience, think they were just pushing us? I feel like all the questions they asked were more challenging than other peoples
we can talk about specifics in more detail when the moderator gives us the okay?
Reply 4216
Original post by DoaaK
don't worry, I had a similar experience, think they were just pushing us? I feel like all the questions they asked were more challenging than other peoples
we can talk about specifics in more detail when the moderator gives us the okay?

Maybe we had the same interviewer ha ha but im glad it wasn't just me. Sounds good. i liked to think maybe they were impressed with my personal statement and in a sense filled that criteria and they just wanted to find out my thinking process on topics and feelings about the med sch. Really hard not to go into detail ha ha
(edited 12 years ago)
Tell us what you do for extra curricular?
Well, there's x,y and rugby.
Oh rugby? Been watching the 6 nations? What position do you play? Who was your mother's brothers first cousin? type thing.

Oh man, if only my interview was during six nations it could have gone down that route. In mine one of the interviewers chatted about his son at one point :rolleyes:
Reply 4218
Original post by alice24
Maybe we had the same interviewer ha ha but im glad it wasn't just me. Sounds good. i liked to think maybe they were impressed with my personal statement and in a sense filled that criteria and they just wanted to find out my thinking process on topics and feelings about the med sch. Really hard not to go into detail ha ha

group A? man and a woman? maybe they were the same interviewers?
hahaa I keep telling myself that :') and I know I hate that we cant discuss any specific questions!
Original post by Normandy114
Oh man, if only my interview was during six nations it could have gone down that route. In mine one of the interviewers chatted about his son at one point :rolleyes:

haha yeah, it was quite bizzare tbf because i had all the article and my ps versed in the back of my mind, and it was like
SO YOU LIKE RUGBY?
it threw me a bit tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending