The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I have 707.5 UKCAT, and a UCAS score of 510 I believe.
Reply 1781
Original post by Tench
Definitely good enough. Its best not to worry about what order they're going through applications. I'm sure you'll get an interview :biggrin:

Thanks man! The wait is nerve racking though!
Reply 1782
Original post by Normandy114
I have 707.5 UKCAT, and a UCAS score of 510 I believe.

Congrats :smile: and you have just given me hope, are you sure you wasn't predicted anything in the EP though?
Original post by Tan Theta
Whats Ucas and Ukcat do you people have?

715 UKCAT
631 UCAS

Interview on the 8th.
Original post by kingcoltzan
715 UKCAT
631 UCAS

Interview on the 8th.

Thank you for the reply, its amazing to see people people with such high UCAS points, I definitely should not have applied with only a mere 460 points because I do 3 a levels, my ukcat is only 695 as well. Any chance?
TO ALL WHO HAVE RECEIVED AN INTERVIEW MAIL AND HAVE RESCHEDULED IT - I got an interview, but I have to reschedule it as I am unable to attend on that day, how do I go about doing this? Just send an email to the account they gave saying the date is inappropriate? Should I suggest a another date range?
Reply 1786
Original post by Surge1991
It does feel good to have lots of time to prepare and I'm positively sure that you'll get invited for an interview as well. Good luck :smile:

(For the record as well I find it sort of strange that you have as well the same UKCAT score as I did, a score of 620. I saw it off of the Medicine Applicants Stalking page). This just gives me an extra belief that I'm sure you'll make it since our applications don't seem to be so different other than perhaps our P.S. Hope this makes you a bit more relieved as I also was beginning to panic a bit to a couple of days before.

Are you saying that you got an interview with a UKCAT score of 620? If so I Love You, cuzz iam so stressed!...My application is very similar to yours :smile:
Reply 1787
Original post by pdk
aww twins! I actually want to study with you two now :biggrin:

I think I am also a Twin???:biggrin:
Original post by kowaara
Are you saying that you got an interview with a UKCAT score of 620? If so I Love You, cuzz iam so stressed!...My application is very similar to yours :smile:

You only need a score of 600 this year, AFAIK anything above that gives no advantage.
Original post by Netferatu
TO ALL WHO HAVE RECEIVED AN INTERVIEW MAIL AND HAVE RESCHEDULED IT - I got an interview, but I have to reschedule it as I am unable to attend on that day, how do I go about doing this? Just send an email to the account they gave saying the date is inappropriate? Should I suggest a another date range?

Anyone?
Original post by Netferatu
Anyone?

Call them up, explain the situation and ask if it can be rescheduled.
Reply 1791
Original post by Normandy114
You only need a score of 600 this year, AFAIK anything above that gives no advantage.

Thank you. I have done AS levels and a Btec in medical science last year. My Btec was worth 240 Ucas tariff points. So hopefully they take that into consideration. If not then I have 520 Ucas tariff points..I hope that they do..Anyone who knows about this? So This means small courses that can give you some extra points also count?
Don't know if this has been mentioned but if anyone's interested BL have updated their admissions website now...

Kind of, it's different to 2011 entry but doesnt tally exactly with the assumptions made earlier in this thread.
For instance

"UKCAT scores will be balanced against achievement in other areas, in particular the strength of your academic ability as evidenced by your achieved/predicted UCAS tariff scores compared to other applicants who apply in that same year, and all indicators will be considered together."

This seems to suggest that UCAS points are no the only interview selection criteria.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1793
Hi :smile: Everyone seems really interested in stats of people who have interviews so i thought id weigh in:
AABB AS
635 UKCAT
602 UCAS (including EPQ predicted grade, Grade 7 and grade 8 on separate instruments)
Interview on the 8th, buzzing!. Hope this helps people form a picture, Good luck!!
Reply 1794
Original post by Orinincandenza
Don't know if this has been mentioned but if anyone's interested BL have updated their admissions website now...

Kind of, it's different to 2011 entry but doesnt tally exactly with the assumptions made earlier in this thread.
For instance

"UKCAT scores will be balanced against achievement in other areas, in particular the strength of your academic ability as evidenced by your achieved/predicted UCAS tariff scores compared to other applicants who apply in that same year, and all indicators will be considered together."

This seems to suggest that UCAS points are no the only interview selection criteria.

Thank you very much. It's still not clear, and states what I was told before. I just wasn't sure about it. You need a UKCAT score of above 600 and then they look at your UCAS tariff. Ofcourse students with higher UKCAT scores will not be ignored. Therefore I don't think its only about getting 600 or above. However, based on interviews given out this week the assumptions made by other students before seem to be true. Students with UKCAT scores of 620 and 630 are getting interviews, something which is completely different from the other universities. The new system might seem to be unfair, but it gives many students the chance to get an interview. The interview is really important and can be used to select students. In the past they tried to get the highest UKCAT scores, however many capable and smart students are ignored in this way. One test can not determine yout strenghts I believe. I think it is a good thing that they changed it:smile:
--------
Someone please reply to my previous post?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1795
GCSE
A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A and B in english language :/

A Levels
AAA* predictions in German, Chem and Biology

650 in UKCAT

Extras
Head Girl at my Sixth form

WE
Worked in optician for 2 weeks

WHAT ARE MY CHANCEEEEEES OF GETTING INTO BL? I want to study Dentistry!
Original post by 344302
GCSE
A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A and B in english language :/

A Levels
AAA* predictions in German, Chem and Biology

650 in UKCAT

Extras
Head Girl at my Sixth form

WE
Worked in optician for 2 weeks

WHAT ARE MY CHANCEEEEEES OF GETTING INTO BL? I want to study Dentistry!

Depends on what As's you did and what you got in them etc.
Oh and the competition.
Is it true if u reschedule they give u a date closer to march??? :frown:
Reply 1798
Original post by joemullally
Oh and the competition.

AS's

- Maths A
- German A (completed in year 11)
- Biology A
- Chemistry A

I am only studying Chemistry and Biology atm, would that also be an issue?
Did german A2 in year 12. I got an A overall in German.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by joemullally
Oh and the competition.

Is it the same system for dentists?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending