The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Ive just got an interview for manchester, MChem Chemistry. am FREAKING out :biggrin:
predictions A* geography, A Chemistry and B physics. any good anyone?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 581
I have applied for the Sociology course
Reply 582
Does anyone know when will manchester issue out interviews for international students or are they still issuing out more interviews for dentistry ?
Reply 583
Original post by braiiins
I had an interview on November 30th for neuroscience, but all the life sciences courses are together. The interview was basically just a chat which I really screwed up but still got an offer, so don't worry about it. If you've got an interview you're almost guaranteed an offer, they'll tell you that at the talk on the interview day. A lot of people wore jeans, some suits, I had a sort of smart casual dress. Most importantly from my experience, something WARM... Hope that's at least a little bit helpful.
Congratulations :smile:

Thanks, that makes me feel slightly less nervous about it!
I received a conditional offer for French and Spanish last Friday :biggrin: My first one after a week ^_^

Just need to get AAB now with A in French! It's possible! :smile:
I have an interview for Sociology! Not sure what to expect! Excited though. :smile:
Anyone going to the open day tomorrow?
Reply 587
ABB offer for Ancient History :smile:
Reply 588
Original post by Octopus400
I have an interview for Sociology! Not sure what to expect! Excited though. :smile:

well done :smile: ive just changed MMU to Uni of Manchester what are you predicted?
Reply 589
All of you that are hoping to go to Manchester, you will not be disappointed! Manchester is amazinggggggg :biggrin:
Reply 590
Original post by JakeE10
All of you that are hoping to go to Manchester, you will not be disappointed! Manchester is amazinggggggg :biggrin:

May I ask why you didn't apply to the university then?
Reply 591
Original post by stifa
May I ask why you didn't apply to the university then?

Couple of reasons really... 1) I've lived here all my life and i don't really want to stay here for uni as it'd get quite boring! 2) I was going to apply but then the entry requirements went up! :frown:

But, for somebody coming to Manchester from another place, it is amazing! It's different when you've lived somewhere all your life - you want a change of scenery! :smile:

EDIT - if you have any questions about manchester in general then feel free to ask!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 592
Original post by JakeE10
EDIT - if you have any questions about manchester in general then feel free to ask!

What's the typical living costs like, apart from rent of course? Examples: groceries, public transport, and so on.
Does anyone know how seriously they are considering making an offer if they invite you for interview? Also I wonder how formal the interviews are.
Original post by Octopus400
Does anyone know how seriously they are considering making an offer if they invite you for interview? Also I wonder how formal the interviews are.

Depends on the department. If it's Life Science it's pretty much certain you'll get an offer and the interviews are super informal. Other departments may be more formal and the interview is make-or-break.
Original post by fretter778
Depends on the department. If it's Life Science it's pretty much certain you'll get an offer and the interviews are super informal. Other departments may be more formal and the interview is make-or-break.

It's for Sociology
Reply 596
Original post by domrollings
I've got a place at Manchester for next year, so just checking out accommodation ... everyone i've spoken to there say go for Fallowfield + I want to be self catered so my options are Oak House, Richmond Park, Linton House + Sheavyn House. Anyone know which are the best?

I would apply for Richmond, Oak House and Sheavyn. You'll definitely get a place at Oak House because it's so big, I would apply asap as I applied in march for Sheavyn and Richmond and I didn't get either of them. I live in Oak House and it's basic and a little loud but it's really good. You have everything you need and a great social life.
Reply 597
Applied for Philosophy and Politics - ABB

So psyched about Manchester! It would be a dream if I got an offer. I'm predicted ABB so I'm praying things go well..
Reply 598
Original post by BTNH
Applied for Philosophy and Politics - ABB

So psyched about Manchester! It would be a dream if I got an offer. I'm predicted ABB so I'm praying things go well..

I LOVE MANCHESTER UNI SO MUCH. I'm getting more and more excited about it...
Reply 599
Original post by braiiins
I LOVE MANCHESTER UNI SO MUCH. I'm getting more and more excited about it...

Manchester Uni is amazing. Manchester is amazing.

:cool: :biggrin: :smile: :tongue: :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending