The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by iamlovinit05
Ahh i see. what's your course? maybe if you really wanna find out you could ask the academic department or something?

Neuroscience - I think I found something previously about the ratio of applicants to places being 9:1 for Life Sciences subjects. I'm just curious, there's not really enough reason for me to email them about it. It might make them dislike me, or something... Paranoid, yes...
Thank you, though.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by braiiins
Neuroscience - I think I found something previously about the ratio of applicants to places being 9:1 for Life Sciences subjects. I'm just curious, there's not really enough reason for me to email them about it. It might make them dislike me, or something... Paranoid, yes...
Thank you, though.

I see. 9:1 pretty tough. Anyway, its unlikely that they'd remember you. Besides, the one's replying the email is probably the admissions guy, not your lecturers. Hes not going to go to your lecture/classes and say " hey, i remember you! you're that annoying one that kept bugging me with .... ". But hey, its your choice! :smile:
Got an offer today WOOOO
Reply 783
Offer to study sociolgy WOO :biggrin:
I've been offered an interview for Arabic!
Reply 785
if anyone has any questions about the nightlife/city then askkkkkkkkk :biggrin:
I'm applying to the Electronic and Electrical Engineering program with AAB (Maths, Physics and Chemistry) at A levels and GCE O level at 4As, 5Bs and 1D. The D is is in Maths unfortunately and minimum requirement is C in GCSE Maths. Considering that I improved my Maths to an A at A-levels, what are my chances? And I'm applying as an international student.
Reply 787
Offer for Classical Studies! Really chuffed! x
I have an interview for religions and theology next month!
Original post by abi.tanner
speech therapy applicant!

Me too!!Got unconditionals from MMU, waiting Manchester Uni !! You?
Original post by naomiele
Speech therapy applicant too!

Me too!! Any news your end yet?? None here!
Original post by Bemz
I got my offer from Manchester 7 days after I sent my application. It seems that Manchester seems to give out offers pretty quickly if you're application is up to standard a few of my friends who applied to Manchester have got offers too. Just be patient, I'm sure it'll come..

Manchester is pretty efficient, i got mine 3 days after i've sent my ucas!! :tongue:
Reply 792
Original post by dibdobmichaela

No news yet, getting rreeaallyy impatient they did say march which is ages away. I just want an offer I only have one only lonely Leeds met offer
:frown:, do you have any offers yet??

x
Original post by dibdobmichaela

No, last year i didn't find out till the 18th of February so i'm giving them space :P
Conditional offer for MMU to do History, required to pass my access course. Anyone else had offers for History??
Reply 795
Offer for History and Politics from Manchester Uni... stoked!
Reply 796
Hi guys I've been invited for a Computer Science interview mid-February, does anyone know what these interviews are like and are there any tips anyone could give?
Reply 797
Original post by EN_32
Hi guys I've been invited for a Computer Science interview mid-February, does anyone know what these interviews are like and are there any tips anyone could give?

The interview I had was for Theology (and Religion) so I can't talk specifically about what it would be for Computer Science, but I assume it wouldn't be that different.

I would be surprised if it's extremely different to what I and others had when being interviewed. Basically we were just shown a presentation, had a tour around the university; the library and all that. Left in a room to chat to other applicants then we were called in for a short chat with one of the academics. About 15 minutes, my interview was easy. Just went through my personal statement and basically wanted to know a bit more about me. Some people got asked harder stuff, but mine was really easy - suppose it depends on who interviews you.

So yeah, I'm sure it would be the same for you mostly. Presentation, tour and a short informal chat about yourself, personal statement, what interests you. I doubt they'll ask you hard questions, as they're not there to test your knowledge.

Although, I could be completely wrong and it may be different for the Computer Science interview, but in all honesty I doubt it.

Hope that helps at all xD
Mechatronic Engineering
Entry requirements AAABB (Higher)
Predicted grades AAA (Higher) and A (Advanced Higher) quite an odd case, I wonder if they'd consider it..
Modern politics and history AAB

Latest

Trending

Trending