The Student Room Group

Anyone applied through plus med to study medicine in Romania?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I know this is a Romania thread but is there anybody who is looking at studying in MU Sofia in Bulgaria?
Reply 181
Original post by Border
I know this is a Romania thread but is there anybody who is looking at studying in MU Sofia in Bulgaria?

yep i am.
Hi I've applied through Plus med to study at Carol Davila this year. Has anyone else applied too? :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by dpsingh
you can't point at certain universities and say only these ones are corrupt. Every university in romania is going to have a corrupt side to it, you could be there for 6 years and not see that side of the university or you may experience it in your first year. it just comes down to luck.

If you want a city life with good accesibility and lots going on then go to the capital bucharest. Timisoara is similar to bucharest but on a slightly smaller scale.
If you want a less busy environment then go to somewhere like craiova. If you want a beach go Constanta. If you just want the most academic university in romania then go straight to Clujj.
You can't pinpoint corruption on one university, you're going to eastern europe, it thrives of corruption, but if you go to uni, do your exams and just go along with life as it is, you won't see any of this. Its only if you go looking for trouble, then you will find the corruption because you're going to have to pay someone to get out of the mess you're in.

My personal recommendation is go to a university with an airport because it makes life so much easier. If you were going to apply to Bucharest before reading the posts on this forum, just stick to bucharest, if you get in then congrads, if you don't then just move on and try somewhere like Timisoara. Life is so much easier in Bucharest compared to other cities.Firstly its the capital, it has the largest airport in the country, it has an underground metro, its got all the big shops and brands, just small things like that will make your life easier in the long term whether you believe it now or not.

I disagree with the first bit you've said...
Yes most unis are corrupt but some have a far greater reputation that others like Bucharest and Timisoara. I heard a ridiculous story from a person in Bucharest.
180 in the year... 60 people turned up for the exam and 4 people passed... The other 120 that didn't turn up all passed?
How do you explain that?
Having spent a year in a position of power and the newness of the craiova course I can say there is no corruption on the English course.
I didn't go looking for corruption when I went there but I met it at the first stage before I got into the uni, if the entrance exams are corrupt what does that say about the course?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 184
Original post by 128arin
yep i am.

Any one else??
Reply 185
Hi people. I'm new here. Can you give some more info about Craiova?

- Fees for EU students
- The value of the last EU student who got in last year
Hi guys,

There's a discussion thread in the main forum about applying to non-UK schools for medicine. Given how many of you seem to be applying, it'd be great to see you posting your opinions in that thread on why you chose to go abroad and what you think of your prospects for work after graduating from a european school :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by vanadio
Hi people. I'm new here. Can you give some more info about Craiova?

- Fees for EU students
- The value of the last EU student who got in last year

5000 euros are the fees
And I don't seem to understand the last question?
Reply 188
Original post by b.sarkar
I disagree with the first bit you've said...
Yes most unis are corrupt but some have a far greater reputation that others like Bucharest and Timisoara. I heard a ridiculous story from a person in Bucharest.
180 in the year... 60 people turned up for the exam and 4 people passed... The other 120 that didn't turn up all passed?
How do you explain that?
Having spent a year in a position of power and the newness of the craiova course I can say there is no corruption on the English course.
I didn't go looking for corruption when I went there but I met it at the first stage before I got into the uni, if the entrance exams are corrupt what does that say about the course?

unless it happened to you, i don't think that story is entirely true. i hear alot of things that turn out to be false, stories similar to that, i'm not saying they don't happen, probably do, but not on that magnitude. most of the stories i've heard are about some forensic medicine exam in one of the final years, i've got a long time to get till then, things will probably change by then
Reply 189
Original post by dpsingh
unless it happened to you, i don't think that story is entirely true. i hear alot of things that turn out to be false, stories similar to that, i'm not saying they don't happen, probably do, but not on that magnitude. most of the stories i've heard are about some forensic medicine exam in one of the final years, i've got a long time to get till then, things will probably change by then

The thing is it did happen to me... The entrance exam at carol davila..
Reply 190
The thing is it did happen to me... The entrance exam at carol davila..

i know someone who can be contacted for safe applications all over europe. all their students get in every year, i had problems when i applied and dont want anyone else to have the same problems. contact me and i can put you through to him.
Reply 191
Didn't get the grades to study medicine in the UK contact me, I can get you a place in Craiova, Romania an up and coming medical school.

Hi could you advise me on how you could help?
Reply 192
Original post by ash61
Hi could you advise me on how you could help?

Ignore people on anonymous forums claiming to be able to get you into a university. If that doesn't sound decidedly dodgy then I don't know what does!
Reply 193
Original post by mobot
Ignore people on anonymous forums claiming to be able to get you into a university. If that doesn't sound decidedly dodgy then I don't know what does!

Thanks I thought they might be able to give advice as to how to go about it
Original post by andis999
Hi,

Im at carol davila in 2nd year...well in my personal opinion oradea is cheap but a rubbish uni and place...cluj is the best but is really difficult to get into, you'll need more or less straight A's
Im at carol davila which is reputable but there is not many british students and hate it here which is why im transferring to Constanta next year as near enough all the students are british there and its an awesome place.
I went to the uni who put me through to their official agent who is now getting me transferred

Hi
Seeing as you already go to a Romanian university I thought I would ask you:
what is the earliest date to start applying and the deadline for Constanta university?
Also, I hear a lot about corrupt agencies and things, do you know how I can get a reliable agent to help with all this.
Also, once you get past the documents sending business is there an interview or a exam I have to sit?

Thnx, anyone else who reads this and knows anything I would appreciate the help :smile:
Original post by Aishahhhhh
Hi
Seeing as you already go to a Romanian university I thought I would ask you:
what is the earliest date to start applying and the deadline for Constanta university?
Also, I hear a lot about corrupt agencies and things, do you know how I can get a reliable agent to help with all this.
Also, once you get past the documents sending business is there an interview or a exam I have to sit?

Thnx, anyone else who reads this and knows anything I would appreciate the help :smile:

Hi, I know this may sound stupid. But how much of the other language do you need to know.
Although I dont go to the uni ive read on the overview of the course that you are taught 4-5 hours a week of Romanian and by the end of the third year you're supposed to have a high level of fluency, like pretty good basically- to speak to your patients in the hospitals, because in the 4th 5th and 6th years you will have placements in the hospitals where people will speak Romanian, so yh.
There definitely is corruption in Romania, and I have lived there for two years, but it is probably not as bad as you think. It exists in the UK too, especially in higher education, but gets less publicity.
As in the UK, I would suggest visiting a few university towns before applying. With Wizz Air you get can return flights from London to Bucharest from about £90 and the cost of travelling within Romania is quite cheap. Depending on your temperament, I would try out Bucharest, Iași. Timișoara, Cluj, Brașov and Constanța. However I am no expert at all on medical degrees.
Original post by sohoscribbler
As in the UK, I would suggest visiting a few university towns before applying. With Wizz Air you get can return flights from London to Bucharest from about £90 and the cost of travelling within Romania is quite cheap. Depending on your temperament, I would try out Bucharest, Iași. Timișoara, Cluj, Brașov and Constanța. However I am no expert at all on medical degrees.

If you want to know more about Romania let me know. I have lived there and wrote a book about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending