The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by cielodec2
i checked my hotmail and found e-mail from them saying my application didnt score enough to get me an interview.... i'm really heart-broken , i still dont feel like its real ! ucas website doesnt say reject , it was just my mail!! i just cant believe it... i was looking forward for keele and aberdeen, i really hope aberdeen lets me in :/ good luck all of you x
don't Aberdeen use the scoring system swell tho? :/
Reply 981
Argh, I had my interview at keele on the 15th of December and I still havnt heard anything, even tho they said I'd find out about the outcome within two weeks. I'm Just really confused, bewildered, and slightly annoyed. Im having to come to terms with being rejected. Wish they just didn't stretch it out so long and make me suffer.
Geez! I sound like my life's on the line or something :') ... Oh wait, it is. :'/
I'm pretty sure that everyone will hear from Keele this coming week since they said that they will get back to everyone in January. Or it could be the week after on Monday and Tuesday :tongue:
Does anyone know the actual system that Keele uses, i.e. how many points they give to your personal statement, reference, academics etc. ?
Original post by This Honest
:ninja:
had to subscribe since this thread took an exit from my "watchec threads" :confused:

You heard anything from any of your unis yet? :hi:

Original post by cielodec2
it was from two days ago, i was planning not to open mail or ucas track until all my exams were over by next week, but today i jst felt like i should check...it's okay i've prepared myself for a gap year. :smile:

Aww wish you hadn't opened it till your exams were over then :console: What do you mean gap yea?Don't tell me you have 4 rejections? :frown:

Original post by Fatcho10
Mine was in the first week of December :biggrin:

I'm predicted A*AA but my AS grades were quite poor due to extenuating circumstances :frown:
Quite a lot of sports teams, voluntary work at elderly home and a school for children with special needs and a GP practise - that's what I can remember!

Oh and I wrote about zombies in my PS :biggrin: :cool:

What about you? :smile:

How did it do?

Cool cool, and ooo zombies? :gah: what did you write?

and I haven't heard anything still :frown:
I've not hear from keele or any of the other med schools I've applied to ( Leeds and Liverpool) pretty sure keele and Liverpool are now just going to leave it up to ucas to reject me on 31st march =(=(=(
Original post by ViceVersa

Aww wish you hadn't opened it till your exams were over then :console: What do you mean gap yea?Don't tell me you have 4 rejections? :frown:

How did it do?

Cool cool, and ooo zombies? :gah: what did you write?

and I haven't heard anything still :frown:

nothing at all :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
have you got any offers yet?
Original post by WanaBdoctor
I've not hear from keele or any of the other med schools I've applied to ( Leeds and Liverpool) pretty sure keele and Liverpool are now just going to leave it up to ucas to reject me on 31st march =(=(=(

No news is good news!! :smile:

nothing at all :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
have you got any offers yet?

At least you've had no rejections. I've had one rejection :frown: and one interview :smile: nothing from the other 2..
At least you've had no rejections. I've had one rejection :frown: and one interview :smile: nothing from the other 2..

at least you got one interview :tongue:
well no news is good news :crossedf:
hopefully keele will get back to us with good news this week :redface:

at least you got one interview :tongue:
well no news is good news :crossedf:
hopefully keele will get back to us with good news this week :redface:

No news is good news :smile: Unless you're Imperial taking forever to reject me :lol: and hopefully! :crossedf:
Reply 990
Original post by WanaBdoctor
. Does ucas just automatically reject you if you havnt heard back from uni by the end of march?
Original post by Shalo1
. Does ucas just automatically reject you if you havnt heard back from uni by the end of march?

I'm not sure, that's what school said but they're always getting stuff wrong so I might be wrong. I'm sure I read something about ucas rejecting you on behalf of unis but I did wonder what happens if a uni hasn't finished making decisions. I would hope that unis will be polite enough ti tell is in person if they are going to reject us tbh!
Original post by Shalo1

That's not true I think. I believe you have to declare by the 31st of March your firm and insurance choices, if you have heard from all your universities. I remember last year one of my friends got an interview at Imperial in early April :eek:
Hey! Well done on the interview :biggrin:

I didn't get an email from them either so my teacher actually had to ring admissions up lol - I got the email straight after that though :rolleyes:

Has anybody who applied for the 6 year medicine course (A104) heard anything back? I sent my ucas form off in October and still havent heard from Keele :frown:
Original post by Shalo1
don't Aberdeen use the scoring system swell tho? :/

yup they do... i'm just not gonna worry myself as it wont change how aberdeen scores me! i'll just focus my worrying-energy on my studies :smile:

no keele is my first rejection ...Phew! i hope if its all rejections it wont come before exams because last night i jst couldnt bare thought of not doing med i ended staying up all night drinking tea (managed to replace coffee!) and revising.. i'll sleep like a baby tonight
Anyone know why eventhough I got a rejection via email, it still hasn't been updated in my ucas track yet?
Mine was in the first week of December :biggrin:

I'm predicted A*AA but my AS grades were quite poor due to extenuating circumstances :frown:
Quite a lot of sports teams, voluntary work at elderly home and a school for children with special needs and a GP practise - that's what I can remember!

Oh and I wrote about zombies in my PS :biggrin: :cool:

What about you? :smile:

Sorry to intrude, but I was wondering if the interviewers were nice to you?
Original post by handsome7654
Anyone know why eventhough I got a rejection via email, it still hasn't been updated in my ucas track yet?

It takes some time - my Leicester rejection came through on Track 4 days after Leicester emailed me...

Sorry to hear about the rejection by the way :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending