The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh I was at school and when I came home I remember my room was tidy! :eek: I was home alone and I threw my school bag on the floor and turned on the TV and...
Reply 2
bazippit
Having just recalled to my friend about where I was on September 11th 2001, does any one else remember where they were or what they were doing when they first heard the news of the attacks?

Yes, I was at home on vacation from school and my father was watching the tv... he saw the second airplane crashing when the tv were still talking of the first...
Reply 3
I heard it on the radio at first, returning from Sussex Uni, then getting home a watching the news transfixed
Reply 4
I was at school, I come home and my bro and dad were just staring at the TV, I called my friend and was like 'omg'. I've been scared of flying ever since... I couldn't understand why all those people had to die and how the people on those planes must have been feeling. And was then shocked to find out some people that I actually knew were pleased about it... :eek:

I was in yr 9
Reply 5
I'd just finished one of my first lessons of A-Level english lit. We'd discussed the merits of Margaret Atwood's 'The Handmaids tale'. I heard somebody shout something and checked it out, and I couldn't believe it.
Reply 6
me!
I was at school, I come home and my bro and dad were just staring at the TV, I called my friend and was like 'omg'. I've been scared of flying ever since... I couldn't understand why all those people had to die and how the people on those planes must have been feeling. And was then shocked to find out some people that I actually knew were pleased about it... :eek:

I was in yr 9

I flew to Barcelona on a trip in 1998, but since 9/11 have refused to travel by air, as like you, through fear
Reply 7
me!

I was in yr 9

Pleased about it? :eek: Ouch...
Reply 8
I was late home from school becuase I'd been messing around in the common room, and then I came home to find my mum in tears, - she'd just watched the 2nd plane hit.
Reply 9
Bitewing
I was late home from school becuase I'd been messing around in the common room, and then I came home to find my mum in tears, - she'd just watched the 2nd plane hit.

In the aftermath, I found myself with a morbid fascination to know what happened in detail
Reply 10
i was on my Work Expirence when i heard the news on the radio (i was on my break).
Reply 11
Did anyone see the documentary of those brothers who went with a fire brigade to the scene and filmed
Reply 12
The most upsetting thing was seeing people jumping out of the windows, some holding hands. Those people must've been so desperate to have jumped from such a height.
Reply 13
Me and my dad were in the car on the way to the dentist and the radio was on... I thought they were taking the mickey.
Reply 14
blissy
Me and my dad were in the car on the way to the dentist and the radio was on... I thought they were taking the mickey.

Was hard to believe at first
Reply 15
9/11 --- on the 9th of November 1989 the Berlin Wall came down.
Reply 16
blissy

I meant September 11ith 2001, though I understand the historical irony - though I was working by the American way of presenting a date (month, day, year)
Reply 17
Of course I know that! When the German Ambassador came to the union he mentioned about the Berlin Wall and the dates. THought I would add it to this post because its interesting (to me at least).
blissy

its funny you say that...coz my older sis rembers that much more then september the 11th.

love Katy ***
Reply 19
piginapoke
That's Americans getting their days and months topsy turvy.

But 9/11 is now so recognised as it is that I can't really reverse it

Latest

Trending

Trending