Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Having just recalled to my friend about where I was on September 11th 2001, does any one else remember where they were or what they were doing when they first heard the news of the attacks?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I was at school and when I came home I remember my room was tidy! :eek: I was home alone and I threw my school bag on the floor and turned on the TV and...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bazippit)
    Having just recalled to my friend about where I was on September 11th 2001, does any one else remember where they were or what they were doing when they first heard the news of the attacks?
    Yes, I was at home on vacation from school and my father was watching the tv... he saw the second airplane crashing when the tv were still talking of the first...

ReputationRep:
    I heard it on the radio at first, returning from Sussex Uni, then getting home a watching the news transfixed

ReputationRep:
    I was at school, I come home and my bro and dad were just staring at the TV, I called my friend and was like 'omg'. I've been scared of flying ever since... I couldn't understand why all those people had to die and how the people on those planes must have been feeling. And was then shocked to find out some people that I actually knew were pleased about it... :eek:

I was in yr 9

ReputationRep:
    I'd just finished one of my first lessons of A-Level english lit. We'd discussed the merits of Margaret Atwood's 'The Handmaids tale'. I heard somebody shout something and checked it out, and I couldn't believe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I was at school, I come home and my bro and dad were just staring at the TV, I called my friend and was like 'omg'. I've been scared of flying ever since... I couldn't understand why all those people had to die and how the people on those planes must have been feeling. And was then shocked to find out some people that I actually knew were pleased about it... :eek:

I was in yr 9
    I flew to Barcelona on a trip in 1998, but since 9/11 have refused to travel by air, as like you, through fear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

I was in yr 9
    Pleased about it? :eek: Ouch...

ReputationRep:
    I was late home from school becuase I'd been messing around in the common room, and then I came home to find my mum in tears, - she'd just watched the 2nd plane hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    I was late home from school becuase I'd been messing around in the common room, and then I came home to find my mum in tears, - she'd just watched the 2nd plane hit.
    In the aftermath, I found myself with a morbid fascination to know what happened in detail

ReputationRep:
    i was on my Work Expirence when i heard the news on the radio (i was on my break).

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see the documentary of those brothers who went with a fire brigade to the scene and filmed

ReputationRep:
    The most upsetting thing was seeing people jumping out of the windows, some holding hands. Those people must've been so desperate to have jumped from such a height.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my dad were in the car on the way to the dentist and the radio was on... I thought they were taking the mickey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Me and my dad were in the car on the way to the dentist and the radio was on... I thought they were taking the mickey.
    Was hard to believe at first

ReputationRep:
    9/11 --- on the 9th of November 1989 the Berlin Wall came down.

ReputationRep:
    I meant September 11ith 2001, though I understand the historical irony - though I was working by the American way of presenting a date (month, day, year)

ReputationRep:
    Of course I know that! When the German Ambassador came to the union he mentioned about the Berlin Wall and the dates. THought I would add it to this post because its interesting (to me at least).

ReputationRep:

its funny you say that...coz my older sis rembers that much more then september the 11th.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    That's Americans getting their days and months topsy turvy.
    But 9/11 is now so recognised as it is that I can't really reverse it

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.