The Student Room Group

Should I continue chemistry onto A2?

In Chemistry AS I got a D, do you think i could handle A2, if i put in the effort. Is chemistry A2 very difficult?
I got a C in unit 1 and a U in Unit 2.

Any help is much appreciated.
On OCR A, the Chemistry A2 exams were significantly more difficult than the AS exams. I suppose it really depends on what caused you to get a D at AS. You MAY be able to pick it up at A2, but your position doesn't seem optimistic.
Reply 2
Original post by Unkempt_One
On OCR A, the Chemistry A2 exams were significantly more difficult than the AS exams. I suppose it really depends on what caused you to get a D at AS. You MAY be able to pick it up at A2, but your position doesn't seem optimistic.

Doesn't seem optimistic in what way?
Would it be too difficult to resit the Unit 2 in Jan, alongside studying the A2.
Btw im studing AQA.
If you reckon you can do well in the resit that's fine, and since you're studying AQA my warning doesn't necessarily apply. If you're that confident about it you should be able to succeed. I think I'll retract what I said about not being optimistic because I don't know what grade you are aiming for.
If you're doing 4 AS levels it's fine.
Reply 5
Original post by Unkempt_One
If you reckon you can do well in the resit that's fine, and since you're studying AQA my warning doesn't necessarily apply. If you're that confident about it you should be able to succeed. I think I'll retract what I said about not being optimistic because I don't know what grade you are aiming for.

A C or a B would be ok for me in chemistry.
Have you got any revision tips for chemistry?
Original post by canthardlywait
A C or a B would be ok for me in chemistry.
Have you got any revision tips for chemistry?

I've got a couple. First of all, do lots of past papers. They'll help you get to grips with the format of the exam, and you'll learn the kinds of things you need to say to get marks on long writing questions. You'll also get some general practise, which is good.

My other tip is to find the specification document on the AQA Chemistry website. It should have details of all of the material you are likely to be examined on. You can use this document to find topics that you may not have been taught, or don't feel confident in. You can then work on those topics by consulting the textbook and a revision guide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending