The Student Room Group

College isn't entering us for F334 in Jan?! :(

Hiiya
I've got a bit of a problem...

My sixth-form isn't entering A2 chem classes for F334 in Jan, claiming that they won't have finished the topics in time.
Which means I'll have both F334 and F335 in June :confused:!! That's going to be so hard and a really big risk. Im predicted an A, but taking both papers at the end of the year...its all or nothing, as I am not up for re-taking a whole year because of that, and missing out on my Uni choice.

I've tried talking to my teacher about it...but they're not willing to enter me and are insisting that i take it in June with F335.

I'd rather take f334 in jan...if doesnt go too well theres always a chance to take it June. Right?

What can i do?...

Thanks in advance for any advice :smile:
I had/have the same issues with my exams too. I have all of the A2 ones in June except Chemistry and the only way was to persuade your teacher and prove how hard you're working. That's what I did anyway and it worked. Otherwise, you may have to sit the exam externally if you're willing to pay £70+ for it. I think it's very very unfair they're doing that but I've tried to go to higher authority and they justified why they couldn't do it. The good side is you have more time to revise and practice, that's it. The rest is a risk unfortunately. There's so many benefits of doing January exams but teachers don't seem to understand where we're coming from.
Original post by LifeIsGood
I had/have the same issues with my exams too. I have all of the A2 ones in June except Chemistry and the only way was to persuade your teacher and prove how hard you're working. That's what I did anyway and it worked. Otherwise, you may have to sit the exam externally if you're willing to pay £70+ for it. I think it's very very unfair they're doing that but I've tried to go to higher authority and they justified why they couldn't do it. The good side is you have more time to revise and practice, that's it. The rest is a risk unfortunately. There's so many benefits of doing January exams but teachers don't seem to understand where we're coming from.

Thanks for the advice :smile: and i'll try that out..i'm going to finish the unit myself and tell them.
I've found out the real reason why... i have two teachers. I assumed that each teacher would teach two modules each as there are four modules for the Jan paper. But instead, one teacher is teaching the organic modules which are the first 3, and second teacher is only doing one module. After this half-term the second teacher is starting on the modules for the real June Paper. Which does not make sense!!! It's just plain stupid. Why start on that unit/paper when its all the way in June, and its obviously definite that we can't take that paper in January. :mad:

Can i enter myself directly at the exam office without my teachers knowing?
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Thanks for the advice :smile: and i'll try that out..i'm going to finish the unit myself and tell them.
I've found out the real reason why... i have two teachers. I assumed that each teacher would teach two modules each as there are four modules for the Jan paper. But instead, one teacher is teaching the organic modules which are the first 3, and second teacher is only doing one module. After this half-term the second teacher is starting on the modules for the real June Paper. Which does not make sense!!! It's just plain stupid. Why start on that unit/paper when its all the way in June, and its obviously definite that we can't take that paper in January. :mad:

Can i enter myself directly at the exam office without my teachers knowing?

I really don't know if you can do that, teachers are being quite silly this year though. For my school, Science is the worst department due to so many people failing Biology & Chemistry that Science is just a joke at my school now so the head of sciences are quite worried which is why they want us to get it right the first time instead of resitting A2s in June. I do understand where you're coming from but maybe you'll just have to deal with it? I have to aswell and it sucks, I tried to talk and even went to the head but nothing changed. If you really want to do it that badly, you may have to pay a large sum of money for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending