The Student Room Group

UCAS isn't letting me mark the employment section as complete help

I'm finished with all parts of my UCAS application, except reference and employment.
I haven't been employed before so I didn't put anything under employment. Then, I tried to mark it as complete it as complete and save and it says "You have not entered any qualifications or details of paid employment. You must enter details of either qualifications or paid employment before you can apply. If you have/will receive qualifications, please edit your school/college/centre to indicate this."

And it wont let me mark the section as complete.
Help, what should I do?

It wont let me send the reference request if I don't complete it
If I recall the form correctly, the only potential issue I can think of is that the error message says your qualifications or employment have not been entered, and that you have to have one or the other. Just to be sure - have you entered your qualifications under your school/centre on the education page? Maybe they didn't save when you input them?

You're definitely supposed to be able to just check the employment section as complete if you don't have work experience, so I would call UCAS or send them a message on Facebook and ask.
https://www.ucas.com/contact-us
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by penguingirl18
If I recall the form correctly, the only potential issue I can think of is that the error message says your qualifications or employment have not been entered, and that you have to have one or the other. Just to be sure - have you entered your qualifications under your school/centre on the education page? Maybe they didn't save when you input them?

You're definitely supposed to be able to just check the employment section as complete if you don't have work experience, so I would call UCAS or send them a message on Facebook and ask.
https://www.ucas.com/contact-us

Thank you so much, I found out what the problem was because of you, but I've just finished it, thank you!
Original post by brohe7
Thank you so much, I found out what the problem was because of you, but I've just finished it, thank you!

Good luck with your application :smile:
Original post by brohe7
hi what was the solution please I'm having the same issue
Original post by Mashpotatoes473
hi what was the solution please I'm having the same issue

Exactly what the error message said.

you need to enter EITHER qualifications in your education section OR employment in the employment section. You can’t apply for degrees with no qualifications and no work history - one or the other needs to have details in to submit an application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending