The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jennyyy33
They didn't last year, my surname begins with W and I was in the first batch of interviews given out and in the first 3-4 days of interviewing.

Reeeaallyy? Did u get rejected after interview then last year?
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
oh lol sorry :tongue:

how are people supposed to reply to what you say if it's not in english lol :biggrin:
people will just get confused ha
though i guess there are a few people here who may understand

LOL! I'd say 75% of the ppl here's would. That's why I thought it was worthwhile... :-)
Reply 1182
Original post by dentistry786
LOL! I'd say 75% of the ppl here's would. That's why I thought it was worthwhile... :-)

true sayy :tongue:
I'm one of them :colone:
Original post by aqua05
true sayy :tongue:
I'm one of them :colone:

Balle Balle lol 😝
Reply 1184
Apparently Bristol university have done all of there interviews :smile: They had 3 days in December were they interviewed 72 people each day meaning a total of 216? Does that sound like the total number they'd interview?
Cheers

Reeeaallyy? Did u get rejected after interview then last year?

I got an offer from Leeds and firmed it, but missed my 3 A's by a few marks unfortunately :frown:
Original post by maya93
Hahaha! QueenBeee you are hilarious :smile: My stats are 4A*5A 2B's at gcse, n AAA at a level. Work exp is 6 months NHS practise, 1 week at CDS, 2weeks at private practice. I know, id rather get rejected all at once rather than live in false hope. I'm a gap year student so I'll be doomed if I don't get in. Gotta start praying now :smile: LOL!! My post man actually knows me cus his a patient at the place I do work experience, so his gunna full on think that I'm a weirdo

Tell me about yourself, what are ur stats and wrk ex like

Lol! AAA at A Level, ongoing work exp at dentist now && 4 weeks prior and oral and max fax dept at hosp for 1 week! SAME! Im a gap year student tooo! I really am keeping my finger super crossed for leeds so I am eager to find a letter in the post sometime soon! I think the latest we should find out, is end of next week so after that I can presume I am rejected cos I remember last year everyone received invitations for interviews between 13-16th! Is leeds ur no.1 choice? xx
Original post by undertaker1
hey do leeds give out interviews in alphabetical order once they have chosen who to interview? so is it possible for some people to receive letters early like tomorrow and others next week.

good luck btw:smile: fingers cross you'll get an interview

Not sure! SOme people say they do, some say they dont - we will just have to wait and see i think! My surname begins with J so god knows when theyll get round to me! Leeds did say IV'S are gonna be sent out this week so Im guessing the latest should be by the end of next week....lets have patience! As for tomorrow there is a possibility ppl could recieve iv's! FINGERS CROSSED FOR US BOTH PAL! is leeds ur no.1 choice?? Xx
I got an offer from Leeds and firmed it, but missed my 3 A's by a few marks unfortunately :frown:

Aww that sucks! So are you resitting this year?? I was in exactly the same position - in biol and maths i got 479 ums ( 1 ums from an A )...sent for remark, and 2 weeks later they both went up, thank god!(but those were the worst two weeks of my life) xx

Oh NOOO!! Sorry to hear! So which uni's did u apply to this year?
Original post by orange.bananna
I think we will hear from Leeds towards the end of the week, as I imagine the uni staff only went back to work today after the Christmas/New Year break!

I agree! Keep fingers crossed for us both!! Hopefully some of us will find out tomorrow! xx
Original post by aneeshinthemarket
leeds are taking the piss, are they still hungover from new years or something lol?

lol. this made me laugh! xx
Leeds jaldey karooo!!

Quality! I agreeee!! xx

Sorry forgot to mention, you did excepetionally well to get an interview- so well done. The same happened to me last year had an offer from bhamxx
Reply 1194
Leeds jaldey karooo!!

LMAO!! You're a LEGEND for writing that- Hahahaha
Original post by *QueenBeee

Original post by *QueenBeee
Aww that sucks! So are you resitting this year?? I was in exactly the same position - in biol and maths i got 479 ums ( 1 ums from an A )...sent for remark, and 2 weeks later they both went up, thank god!(but those were the worst two weeks of my life) xx

I'm not re-sitting the whole year, just one AS module next week actually. I'm hoping someone will want me anyway this year haha. Xxx
leeds dental school is going to be full of freshies at this rate

Sorry forgot to mention, you did excepetionally well to get an interview- so well done. The same happened to me last year had an offer from bhamxx

I accidentaly just replied to you without it being an actual reply haha, so just so you know, your reply is my previous post :smile: xxx

Indian freshie here :smile:
Reply 1199

Hahaha! I reckon it already is! Indian Feshie ere aswell :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest