The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by racheatworld

Lol hi! :hi:
I have 3 offers, so waiting for Leeds.

Just scrolling back a few pages on this thread all Leeds interview letters have been sent out today so they should be delivered tomorrow or Saturday. All rejections have been sent to UCAS so they should be updated today and tomorrow.

3 offers! Omg wow! You must be a star candidate!!! Well done! :biggrin: I've had interviews at Manchester Liverpool and Newcastle and got an offer from Newcastle! :biggrin: but I won't hear from the other til March now apparently! yeah I'm hoping we'll hear soon! It's the worst when they tell u estimated days you'll find out as you can't help but obsess over your inbox! Aha! :') are you doing ALevels? x
Original post by g_khera

Original post by g_khera
Do you think all rejections have been sent out for Leeds?

Apparently Leeds have sent them all to UCAS but they will be uploaded to individuals over a couple days, they're not all identical timings. But I'm going on what other say on here not evidential proof! :smile:
Original post by g_khera
Do you think all rejections have been sent out for Leeds?

Someone on TSR said they contacted Leeds today and all rejections have been sent out, it just depends when UCAS updates.
Original post by Patchey1000
anyone want me to stick them on the wiki?

You can put me on if you like that would be good :smile:, i'll just give you info and pick from that what goes on.
GCSE's: 14 A*'s and 2 B's
AS: AAAAB
Predicted A2's: A*A*A*AB
UKCAT: 677.5
Work experience: 2 weeks gdp, 1 week max fax ward - however i'm going back during the holidays
Other info: Dancer and 2nd dan black belt in karate, kids karate instructor (I teach my own class of 4 - 7 year olds) and i'm a qualified judge in karate however I do all this voluntarily
Applied to: Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle and Birmingham
Rejections: Birmingham and Leeds
And lastly interview for Newcastle on the 10/01/2012

Thank you very much :biggrin:
Original post by StraightUpG
i dont think manchester has. although most of their interviews have been sent out, a few get sent out in feb then thats it :/

At my interview they told me most offers will be given out in March and I assume that this is when they will also give out rejections, once the batch of February interviews have been done.

nope.. still waiting for even an interview :tongue: what about urself?

Don't worry though No news is definately a good thing! Means you haven't been rejeceted so far! :biggrin: I've had an offer from Newcastle and interviews at manc and Liverpool waiting for Leeds still :redface:
Reply 1386
Someone on TSR said they contacted Leeds today and all rejections have been sent out, it just depends when UCAS updates.

Thank you:smile::smile:
this is tooo stressfull.. with jan exams right around the corner aswell.. :colone:
Original post by LisaBrocklesby
You can put me on if you like that would be good :smile:, i'll just give you info and pick from that what goes on.
GCSE's: 14 A*'s and 2 B's
AS: AAAAB
Predicted A2's: A*A*A*AB
UKCAT: 677.5
Work experience: 2 weeks gdp, 1 week max fax ward - however i'm going back during the holidays
Other info: Dancer and 2nd dan black belt in karate, kids karate instructor (I teach my own class of 4 - 7 year olds) and i'm a qualified judge in karate however I do all this voluntarily
Applied to: Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle and Birmingham
Rejections: Birmingham and Leeds
And lastly interview for Newcastle on the 10/01/2012

Thank you very much :biggrin:

brilliant stats there !

EDIT: whats with the neg rep? what is wrong with complimenting someone... take your jelousy elsewhere mr/ms neg-repper !
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.

he got an A* in Bio .... HOW CAN YOU REJECT SOMEONE WITH AN A* IN BIO ???!!! ...

dw kartace, you will totally get offers from the other unis!

An A* in biology, what a genius! Maybe they weren't bothered what grade was so Long as you got an A or above :smile: maybe personal statement didn't have what they were looking for? They're all so picky nowadays who knows why! :')
brilliant stats there !

Thank you :colondollar: just hoping i'll get an offer from somewhere :h:
Original post by barzy_j
Tomorrow will be the worst ever

Chin up! Think positive until you get the news :smile:
Reply 1392
can I ask, what is the competition ratio i.e. how many applications to how many interviews to how many offers ?

I haven't applied to leeds and I was intrigued as I've heard it is one of the most competitive dental schools ...
Original post by Jessberez

Original post by Jessberez
Allllll if the stuff I do Is ongoing inc work exp, voluntary and clubs! And I STILL got rejected?!!!???!!

oh no sorry to hear that! yeah its not for every single case... but leeds is known for that -the whole ongoing thing.. a lot of the time the reason is for that... i assume the other reason is because of really fierce competition!

good luck for your other choices! have u received any offers?
has anyone not heard from birmingham for an interview yet?
Reply 1395
Original post by LisaBrocklesby
Thank you :colondollar: just hoping i'll get an offer from somewhere :h:

Your grades are amazing! Was your birmingham rejection after interview?
Reply 1396
Original post by conjepense
has anyone not heard from birmingham for an interview yet?

I haven't heard anything. Do you know if they have sent out before interview rejections?
Reply 1397
hey, ive got an interview at newcastle next week, do i need to take things like certificates, details of work exp e.g. dates, contact numbers, what do i need to bring?
(edited 12 years ago)

Original post by sr14
I haven't heard anything. Do you know if they have sent out before interview rejections?

im not sure i think so.... why r they taking sooo lonngg... wish theyd tell me already!
Rejected from leeds today

Quick Reply

Latest