The Student Room Group

RAF Final 308 Interview

Passed OASC, now all thats left is my fam visit at Halton and something called a "308 interview" at my local AFCO. Just wondering if anyone knows the sort of questions that will get asked and what generally happens at one of these interviews.

Thanks, Ames
Reply 1
Congratulations one of the very few these days :smile:
Reply 2
Reply 3
Hey there Amy, had my 308 around a week ago and honestly its nothing to worry about.
First off we sat there for around an hour waiting for the FLight LT to call us in. When he did it was a brief 15-20min session. Basically a shortened version of the initial interview. He asked me all if my personal circumstances have changed or if ive been in trouble with the police since the initial interview.
That was all he asked me about regarding the 'about you' side of things.
Then he continued on to grill my RAF knowledge such as, what bases do we operate typhoons out of, the operation name of libya (ellamy, he was rather impressed :smile:
Youll recieve a terms and conditions of service pack throught the post roughly a week before your interview, all i can say is learn the reserve service bits, and jot down anytthing that you may think will be important. It helped me greatly doing this.
After the interview supossing your succesful, which im sure you will be :smile: you go on to sign your contract and read through all the paperwork with the Flt Lt. Took about 2hours to get ours over and done with.
Hope this helps =)
Good luck Amy, I have my 308 interview on the 2nd November and i have just received my letter today :smile:
woody55 - i will let ya know how it goes, hopefully it will be good news :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Wing Commander
Good luck Amy, I have my 308 interview on the 2nd November and i have just received my letter today :smile:
woody55 - i will let ya know how it goes, hopefully it will be good news :smile:

GOOD LUCK!

Let me know what they ask and if it is similar to Woody. .. Do you both have potential start dates? Mine is 4th January
Original post by AmyElizabethP
GOOD LUCK!

Let me know what they ask and if it is similar to Woody. .. Do you both have potential start dates? Mine is 4th January

Thanks, same to you.

Potential date is 23/11/2011 :smile:

I will update in what it was like :smile:
Reply 7
I start on the 9th November so i'll be half dead by the time you get there :smile:
Good luck WC =)
Reply 8
Good luck guys. Please make sure you let me know how youre getting on!!
Had my 308 today and passed :smile: Start RTC on 23rd November.
The interview was straight forward - asked me about if anything had changed, why i chose the RAF, what training i will do at/after halton, what aircraft would i work on. What does the reserve force mean and how does it affect me. Went over the drug misuse act etc... After that, it was the sighning of forms and so on. It lasted about 3hrs as it was 2 of us there.

Good luck Amy on yours :smile:
Reply 10
What is the answer to the Reserve Force questions???
the answer is in the PAM(air) 292 form - its quite lengthly to write. Have you got that form yet?
Reply 12
Just had my 308 date 1st December!! Getting a bit nervous now and i dont know why!
Reply 13
Just had my 308 date 1st December!! Getting a bit nervous now and i dont know why!

If you got that far you'll be fine.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. Bill Cosby

The 308 is not as bad as it sounds. As long as you read over the information you are given and know the reserve service part, the branch/trade you are going in, the training etc...then you will be fine :smile:

Whats trade/branch are you going for?
Reply 15
ATC SNCO

They sent me a letter confirming the date and asking for my bank details, and it said the service guideline letter should have been in there but it wasnt :frown: I have emailed them but no reply so hopefully they've sent one out!

Quick Reply

Latest