The Student Room Group

AQA PSYA2 Unit 2 Psychology January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Afua93
doesn't that just freak you out! i dont know how to cope!

Erm ive only got those 2 exams so not really nust hope nice questions come up has anyone got nay idea on what section the 12 marker might be on last time it was on section C :social influence.

i'm thinking either on stress on physicall illlness, workplace stressors or tretments.

Abnormailty: the only two which havent come up : Cognitive and behavioural model.

Social influence: probbaly milgrams study dunnnoe lol!
Reply 21
Original post by ammad26
Ooo im in the same boat..got Unit 3 two days later which sucks!...im better with abnormality and stress then I am with social influence...and how are you finding unit 3? Im finding it a killer to remember all the studies..theres just so many!!

i just need to secure a C in this Unit so badly to boost my AS up a bit!
and don't even get me started on Unit 3! my teacher has been lazy so we're wayyy behind...he rushed through everything but biological rhytms :mad: don't know how i'm gonna remember everything! only started A2 revision two days ago...i have so many exams :angry:
how about you?
Reply 22
Original post by ikz94
Erm ive only got those 2 exams so not really nust hope nice questions come up has anyone got nay idea on what section the 12 marker might be on last time it was on section C :social influence.

i'm thinking either on stress on physicall illlness, workplace stressors or tretments.

Abnormailty: the only two which havent come up : Cognitive and behavioural model.

Social influence: probbaly milgrams study dunnnoe lol!

I really hope the 12 mark is on stress or abnormality...cos i think the illness and workplace stuff is quite straight forward..as are the models of abnormality..erghh and unit 3 is a nightmare..what topics are u doing in that?
Reply 23
Original post by Afua93
i just need to secure a C in this Unit so badly to boost my AS up a bit!
and don't even get me started on Unit 3! my teacher has been lazy so we're wayyy behind...he rushed through everything but biological rhytms :mad: don't know how i'm gonna remember everything! only started A2 revision two days ago...i have so many exams :angry:
how about you?

Ooo my teacher rushed through biological rhythms too do im lost on that...what topics are u doing for unit 3?
Reply 24
Original post by ammad26
I really hope the 12 mark is on stress or abnormality...cos i think the illness and workplace stuff is quite straight forward..as are the models of abnormality..erghh and unit 3 is a nightmare..what topics are u doing in that?

Im doing relationships, agression and biological rythms and sleep :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by ikz94
Im doing relationships, agression and biological rythms and sleep :smile:

Ooo im doing those too...how are you finding them?...i think relationships is quite sttaight forwsrd to get ya head around bt its slightly boring lol...especially the whole sexual selection stuff...anf im finding it so hard to remember studies!!
Reply 26
Original post by ammad26
Ooo im doing those too...how are you finding them?...i think relationships is quite sttaight forwsrd to get ya head around bt its slightly boring lol...especially the whole sexual selection stuff...anf im finding it so hard to remember studies!!

i find relationship easy too amd a bit boring
as for sleep i enjoy the topics because its got lot of contetx agression-its ayt but some parts i waffle in like group displays.
Reply 27
Original post by ikz94
i find relationship easy too amd a bit boring
as for sleep i enjoy the topics because its got lot of contetx agression-its ayt but some parts i waffle in like group displays.

Yeah i like sleep too..but our teacher rushed through it so we didnt go through it all properly...how are you revising for it?
Reply 28
Original post by ammad26
Ooo my teacher rushed through biological rhythms too do im lost on that...what topics are u doing for unit 3?

i'm doing aggression, relationships and biological and sleep
Today I shall start my revision for said exam. Did the PSYA1 retake yesterday which went fairly swimmingly. :smile:

So to conclude, it is a 72 mark paper, split into 3 sections of 24?

The 3 sections are:

Stress
Social Influence
Abnormality?

Right, well I know Social the best, Stress a little, and very little on Abnormality.

Hmm. Any ideas on what the questions will be on???
Reply 30
Original post by Brendan12398
Today I shall start my revision for said exam. Did the PSYA1 retake yesterday which went fairly swimmingly. :smile:

So to conclude, it is a 72 mark paper, split into 3 sections of 24?

The 3 sections are:

Stress
Social Influence
Abnormality?

Right, well I know Social the best, Stress a little, and very little on Abnormality.

Hmm. Any ideas on what the questions will be on???

my psych teacher reckons the 12 mark one will be on abnormality (behavioural or cognitive) 'cause apparently the others have been 8/12 mark ones in recent years
Reply 31
Original post by Sarah'
my psych teacher reckons the 12 mark one will be on abnormality (behavioural or cognitive) 'cause apparently the others have been 8/12 mark ones in recent years

im gna test myself on all the 12 markers for the four models due to the fact i think it will be behavioural or cognitive also :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by ikz94
im gna test myself on all the 12 markers for the four models due to the fact i think it will be behavioural or cognitive also :smile:

i just keep doing past paper after past paper. can't believe i have to resit for 2 ums :frown:. which section are you most confident on?
Reply 33
I'm hoping it's abnormality! but it's difficult to find supporting studies..
Reply 34
Original post by Sarah'
i just keep doing past paper after past paper. can't believe i have to resit for 2 ums :frown:. which section are you most confident on?

erm social influence, then abnormality,then stress im resitting becaue i need 5 ums for a C in the paper and 15+ ums for a B! :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by Bubbles94
I'm hoping it's abnormality! but it's difficult to find supporting studies..

thats rue i ahd to serach from so many psychology books to find studies that support my point and would sound coherent in an essays structure or answer format.
Reply 36
Original post by ikz94
erm social influence, then abnormality,then stress im resitting becaue i need 5 ums for a C in the paper and 15+ ums for a B! :biggrin:

i totally agree with social influence being the best topic. i hate stress with a passion haha
Reply 37
Can someone explain the stuff about stress, something to do with Adrenal Cortex. It's so damn confusing for me!
Reply 38
Hey guys

Im doing Relationships, Aggression & Eating Behaviour for Unit 3, and ive only just started! :O The exam is 2 days apart, as some of you have already mentioned... And ive only just started revising Unit 2!

Honest opinions,

Am i doomed?
I need an A in both modules
Reply 39
for those of you who are doing stress, is it true we dont need the section- coping with strss' anymore??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending