The Student Room Group

Gaining the courage

I went to Pizza Hut today and was served by a guy, he was really good looking and polite. He was quite smiley and laughed when I said something. I really wanted to tell him he was good looking but for some reason another guy muscled in asking if I wanted to pay the bill. Am so annoyed I didn't say anything, its not like I can 'pop in' as its 30 miles away. How do you chat people up? I never do as I am worried they might say no!
I don't. Simply because I am so ugly it would just be embarrassing.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I went to Pizza Hut today and was served by a guy, he was really good looking and polite. He was quite smiley and laughed when I said something. I really wanted to tell him he was good looking but for some reason another guy muscled in asking if I wanted to pay the bill. Am so annoyed I didn't say anything, its not like I can 'pop in' as its 30 miles away. How do you chat people up? I never do as I am worried they might say no!

You don't necessarily have to chat people up. Your body language can be the best signal of your attraction. If a girl holds eye contact with me, tilts her head when talking to me, smiles, strokes her hair and has generally "open" body language, I will pick up on this and flirt see how it goes and ask her out :smile:

Original post by hatemylife
I don't. Simply because I am so ugly it would just be embarrassing.

Your attitude towards yourself is the only thing that's ugly. When you're walking around town, other public places etc. and you see what you would consider to be unattractive people holding hands in a relationship, doesn't that make you determined to find someone. Rejection is a part of life that everyone experiences, but you just take it on the chin, realise they weren't right for you and move on to someone else.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Cyclo
You don't necessarily have to chat people up. Your body language can be the best signal of your attraction. If a girl holds eye contact with me, tilts her head when talking to me, smiles, strokes her hair and has generally "open" body language, I will pick up on this and flirt see how it goes and ask her out :smile:

Yup what I was going to say.
Original post by Cyclo

Your attitude towards yourself is the only thing that's ugly. When you're walking around town, other public places etc. and you see what you would consider to be unattractive people holding hands in a relationship, doesn't that make you determined to find someone. Rejection is a part of life that everyone experiences, but you just take it on the chin, realise they weren't right for you and move on to someone else.

There's being confident and optimistic and then there's being realistic. Doesn't make me determined, just a bit sad. Stood there on my own earlier watching couples ice skating, having a nice romantic time.:moon:
Reply 5
Original post by hatemylife
There's being confident and optimistic and then there's being realistic. Doesn't make me determined, just a bit sad. Stood there on my own earlier watching couples ice skating, having a nice romantic time.:moon:

How old are you ?

It's so easy to be envious of couples when you're single, but there are so many single girls out there that the opportunities are always going to be there. You'll find that girls will like you more if you display more confidence in yourself. How can you expect a girl to like you if you don't like yourself.
Original post by Cyclo
How old are you ?

It's so easy to be envious of couples when you're single, but there are so many single girls out there that the opportunities are always going to be there. You'll find that girls will like you more if you display more confidence in yourself. How can you expect a girl to like you if you don't like yourself.

20 soon.

That's the thing, I don't expect them to like me!

Sorry for hijacking your thread, OP.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

I would get over him, smile and laugh and body contact is good way to flirt
Reply 8
Bit gutted cos he was my ideal type look wise, oh well. Might find someone closer to home.
I got this afew times but think it would be utterly crazy to be like, "Hey are you seeing anyone ATM?" to a girl I just met in like tesco's, asking where the cucumber is as I'm useless at shopping.

I think I'd be like WTF are you actually serious if some bird did it to me in work. Does anyone actually think they wouldn't freak out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending