The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by implus
:coma:

Its season ticket renewal time - tomorrow you'll be linked to Neymar and his fellow Brazilian Ganso, in a £90m double swoop.
Original post by Kevmeister
Its season ticket renewal time - tomorrow you'll be linked to Neymar and his fellow Brazilian Ganso, in a £90m double swoop.

Let us dream in peace :redface:
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Let us dream in peace :redface:

Sorry. :getmecoat:

Arsenal representatives have been spotted discussing a possible transfer for Mario Goetze with Dortmund officials. They were reluctant at first but talks are claimed to have been 'good'.

:moon:
Reply 7264
Hope the Kalou rumour aren't true ( though, if he's gonna be on peanut wages- circa 30k, i won't moan) , he's just as wasteful as Gerv. But Wenger has long admired him, right?
Original post by TheInvincibles14
I believe he lacked a bit of sharpness in the penalty box but the desire was there. Overall, I am pleased that van Persie has been fit this season. When you have a player like him he provides you with that extra quality. :colondollar:

Wenger's son are you? :rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Transfer news for today:

Real Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay will fly out to London this week for discussions over Carlos Vela's future.

Arsenal are keeping tabs on Soloman Kalou. His contract runs out in the summer and will be available for a free transfer.

Arsenal representatives have been spotted discussing a possible transfer for Mario Goetze with Dortmund officials. They were reluctant at first but talks are claimed to have been 'good'.

Plus a nice little stat:

Ryo Miyaichi has created more chances per game than any other player in the Premier league.

And finally:

Arsenal have won 7 games in a row. They'll need to win another 7 games to equal their record of 14 consecutive wins in the league. However, Arsenal have already surpassed Tottenham's highest consecutive win streak (6)

Stats attack! tasty:biggrin:
12 points behind the leaders? 24 points to play for, I think we have a chance to snatch the league provided City and United collapse majorly:biggrin:

what a story it will be if we win the PL!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Remarqable M
12 points behind the leaders? 24 points to play for, I think we have a chance to snatch the league provided City and United collapse majorly:biggrin:

what a story it will be if we win the PL!

Well really its more likely its 15 ;D

You guys beat city, presuming you both win the games up til then, and you will be 9 behind them. If we then beat them you are 6 behind them. All you need is for city to drop 7 more points apart from our games, and for you to win like.. everything.. and it could happen. I would love it to happen, love it., like a priest loving a choir boy.
Reply 7269
Original post by Tommyjw
Well really its more likely its 15 ;D

You guys beat city, presuming you both win the games up til then, and you will be 9 behind them. If we then beat them you are 6 behind them. All you need is for city to drop 7 more points apart from our games, and for you to win like.. everything.. and it could happen. I would love it to happen, love it., like a priest loving a choir boy.

I'd love for it to happen just to see Nasri's face. :moon:
Even if we do go in for Goetze in the summer, would he actually want to join us? All the noises which have come from his camp thus far regarding us have been lukewarm, to say the least.

I'm all for buying top, top quality which Goetze evidently is but I want that quality to have the desire to join us and not to just sign on the dotted line because their club has decided to cash in on them. Players like Sagna and Koscielny practically forced their transfers, Arshavin too. I don't necessarily think that would be the case with Goetze.
Original post by DisconcertingWink1
Even if we do go in for Goetze in the summer, would he actually want to join us? All the noises which have come from his camp thus far regarding us have been lukewarm, to say the least.

I'm all for buying top, top quality which Goetze evidently is but I want that quality to have the desire to join us and not to just sign on the dotted line because their club has decided to cash in on them. Players like Sagna and Koscielny practically forced their transfers, Arshavin too. I don't necessarily think that would be the case with Goetze.

But then on the flip side, does that mean Gotze is more loyal? You can't have it both ways.

Why wouldn't he want to join us? The opportunity to learn under Wenger, be a part of one of the big clubs in England as well as Europe. He also will be able to progress further in the Champions league than Dortmund, Im sure of it.

Possibility of winning the English premier league (providing Wenger does well in the transfer window). There are a lot of attractive qualities that Arsenal have for up and coming players.
the thought of Newcastle United finishing above Chelsea is tantalizing to say the least! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7274

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/883027-mario-goetze-only-wants-arsenal-or-barcelona-transfer

then again, it is the Metro.
Does anyone know how many games Koscielny will miss if he gets another yellow card? There seems to be confusion on whether it's one game or two games...
Wouldn't Goetze just stunt Wilshire's devlopment...
Reply 7277
Does anyone know how many games Koscielny will miss if he gets another yellow card? There seems to be confusion on whether it's one game or two games...

I think its 2 before City game but saw somewhere it vanishes after that game. :s-smilie:
Original post by jit987
I think its 2 before City game but saw somewhere it vanishes after that game. :s-smilie:

Yeah, there is a cut-off:

(iii) If a Player accumulates ten cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering:- Two First Team matches

After this it's a warning for ten bookings, but a ban for five more cards.
(edited 12 years ago)

I think I remember reading somewhere that he said he would prefer to play in La Liga rather than the Premier League; there were rumours circling that Real Madrid had taken an interest in him, but the only teams that have really been confirmed as being interested are Juventus, Man Utd, and Arsenal to an extent.

Latest