The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MuffinMonster
:rofl:

loved the music and the fans jumping up and down at the end :biggrin: how long has it been since they've taken all 3 points from Manchester United?
Original post by jilebinator
Lets not get ahead of ourselves, were not even guaranteed fourth.

yeah its a strange situation to be in, I'm happy that we're 5 points ahead of spurs in the race for 3rd, but it still worries me greatly that we're only 5 points into a CL spot with still 5 games to go
Original post by Remarqable M
crazy day of football, here is interesting stuff from France

"amateur side Quevilly have just beaten Ligue 1 Rennes to reach the final of the French Cup against Lyon! "
Goal.com

:yikes:

doesn't Yann M'Vila play for rennes?

Whaaat?!? An amateur side has made it to the French Cup final - amazing!
loved the music and the fans jumping up and down at the end :biggrin: how long has it been since they've taken all 3 points from Manchester United?

I'm not sure, but I think they've never taken a prem point from Man U - they've lost every single match.
crazy day of football, here is interesting stuff from France

"amateur side Quevilly have just beaten Ligue 1 Rennes to reach the final of the French Cup against Lyon! "
Goal.com

:yikes:

doesn't Yann M'Vila play for rennes?

Yep, it has been a great few weeks of football for me as well :h:

PSV (my childhood club :heart: ) won the KNVB cup and today Borrusia Dortmund beat Bayern to go 6 clear with 4 games left.

:daydreaming:
Original post by Abiraleft
That's a big step towards third, I'll admit. I know people are being humourous when they talk about anything beyond that, but those jokes still make me uncomfortable. :o: Good scoreline today, though; delighted that both van Perise and Walcott got a goal. Sets it up very well for a trip to the Emirates on Monday. :excited:

(On a less positive note, just realized today that I won't be getting to see Koscielny play :sad:)

Dijirou had a solid game today which is not surprising given the confidence of the whole team and him back to his natural position :biggrin: so you have nothing to worry about:smile: He'll do a good job against Wigan(hopefully).
Original post by In2deep
What?! He played very well in the first half, played some great passes. He was a bit off but you can't blame him with the form he's in. He also played a couple of horrible long passes but overall he had a good game, and compared to his usual self, a great game.

You guys need to stop being harsh on the guy.

At times he looked incredibly insecure, but he had good possession and his performance was far from being a debacle. He evidently lacks confidence, but I don't have the patience for fans who completely write him off; we need to give him time and be patient, and most of all, support him, because God knows what all the criticism is doing to him mentally.
Reply 8607
Dijirou had a solid game today which is not surprising given the confidence of the whole team and him back to his natural position :biggrin: so you have nothing to worry about:smile: He'll do a good job against Wigan(hopefully).

Oh I'm not worried about it too much, I was just really looking forward to seeing Koscielny in action. :yep:
Reply 8608
First half was pretty drab after it went 2-0 they looked like they couldnt be arsed but kicked on a bit 2nd half, job done
Tottenham have easy games left, Newcastle and Chelsea have difficult games left.

Hopefully Sp*rs slips up, it will make life a lot easier for us.

I wouldn't say Spurs have it easy. We've seen tonight how the clubs around the bottom are fighting for their lives. We were lucky that we had Wolves, because they were already down. We need to be alert on Monday against Wigan. Although it's at home, they've played well in recent games against United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Spurs still have QPR (away), Blackburn (home) and Bolton (away) as well as Aston Villa (away - not 100% safe, albeit they're not playing well anyway). So I wouldn't say Spurs have it easy, especially on their run.

As for Arsenal, we should get third, but as an Arsenal fan, there's always doubt at the back of your mind. If we win our next two games (both at home), third place is ours :biggrin:

Apparently its their first time in their history!

Tottenham have easy games left, Newcastle and Chelsea have difficult games left.

After seeing these results I don't think you can say which fixtures are 'easy games' anymore :tongue:
What is it with Arsenal fans on twitter?, they're acting like we've just secured third. We have a long way to go...

So many Mind the Gap stuff. we should wait.

anyway, wigan next, at home, should be relatively easy, especially after they just beat UTD. i don't think any bottom team will get away with beating the top four twice in a row at this stage.
(edited 12 years ago)

No gamers are easy, especially at this time of the season when teams are fighting for survival...

on a different note, anyone watching Real vs Atletico? I want Atletico to win, would love to see fight for the championship go right down to the wire. Dislike both Barca and Real
Original post by Nabster_88
Whaaat?!? An amateur side has made it to the French Cup final - amazing!

They mad the semis in the 2009-10 season aswell. Not bad for a team fighting relegation in the third division
Oh I'm not worried about it too much, I was just really looking forward to seeing Koscielny in action. :yep:

He'll definitely be back for Chelsea though! :biggrin:

another 3-5 smashing on the horizon:tongue:

Better still, Chelsea might be missing Ivanovic (who's been playing very very well for them recently) :biggrin:
Reply 8616

I meant live. :tongue: But yeah about Chelsea, looking forward to that game - how many times have Arsenal fans been able to say that in the past couple of seasons? :woo:
Original post by Birdman1234567
No gamers are easy, especially at this time of the season when teams are fighting for survival...

on a different note, anyone watching Real vs Atletico? I want Atletico to win, would love to see fight for the championship go right down to the wire. Dislike both Barca and Real

yeah, Real are my guilty pleasure. so i'm backing them for the league.

But back on topic, Benayoun played well imo, deserved the goal. I hope we get him permanently at the end of the season.
Original post by Birdman1234567

OMFG Ronaldo's goal
I meant live. :tongue: But yeah about Chelsea, looking forward to that game - how many times have Arsenal fans been able to say that in the past couple of seasons? :woo:

they've been playing really well since di matteo came in :frown: But they looked very tired against Fulham, better still, they'll have Barca midweek! So they'll have our lot to deal with ~66 hours after chasing barca around the pitch! Let's hope they win though, otherwise it'll make them even more determined to get 4th spot :colondollar:

Latest