The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1181
It was inevitable that the plan to use make-shift full backs would cost us - regardless of injuries...

But there is no excuse for Walcott's poor performance - it seems he is getting worse every time he plays. Once he manages to get into good positions he fails to capitalise so often. What a frustrating player...
Reply 1182
This is what it was like at Fulham earlier when we saw Squillaci warming up
Neil Warnock said today after QPR's game against Norwich:

"Joey wouldn't have gone down like that if it was the other way round."

:facepalm2:
A lot of people are blaming our defensive back-ups but I think that is uncalled for. Sagna, Santos, Gibbs, Jenkinson and Vermaelen were injured and Djourou was sent off.

I think the loss today was down to our frailty upfront. RVP has no substitute, and there is only a out of form Arshavin and a little kid to cover for Walcott and Gervinho who are below par in all honesty. Rosicky and Benayoun are more central players because of their lack of pace and ability to keepball.
‎Lukas Podolski (Him, this time):
"I have always said that I've not been dictated by the pressures of time when deciding my future. I don't believe in lightning strikes, I must be clear. I believe that I will see everything in the summer."

-_-
**** this, Im gonna start watching golf or something cos football is too depressing. We take one step foward and 2 steps back. One thing ive noticed about walcott is that hes not aggressive enough, he never attacks the ball and if its a 50-50 or the defender goes in hard on him he chickens out.

Take, for example, when he had a gapping goal to shoot at against qpr but he got scared to attack the ball because the defender wanted it more than him so he ended up having a weak shot.
Original post by alexsong
does this fixture not ring a bell mate http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14606020.stm

i read it off twitter...

guess it was a lie then.
We need to try Oxo in place of Walcott sometimes. Theo seems too complacent because he gets to start every match however bad his form is.
Reply 1189
LOL oh ****, just realised we lost :lol: :emo: :getmecoat:
Original post by Darth Vader 7
I don't see us signing a full back. Wenger will just continue playing Coquilain and Miquel until it is too late. Then he will say there were no good players available. It is upsetting but the truth.

Even the Henry loan was more a commercial gain for us rather than an actual signing that will add needed strength. I understand we needed a striker and I am happy we have got Henry, however it is papering over the cracks. If we had got someone like Podolski who would have pushed Van Persie to the limit.

Coquelin was good as left back tbf. You had lost the game the second squillaci came on the pitch, he headed it straight to the opposition.
Although I have been waiting to say this for some time.
Same old arsenal, always ****ing up from set pieces when they're in front.
Reply 1191
Original post by TheEssence
i personally doubt that, you don't get a stroke then walk back into the side, and he hadn't even been playing that much anyways because of the form of Boateng.

Its a shame, had he controlled his weight and been a little less hot headed he could have been greater than he is now/was.

Well, it's two months since he was incapacitated, and he still leads Serie A in assists...He was in electric form before the injury, probably the best player in the league.

I'm worried about Nocerino for the Milan game, the guy has an incredible shots per goal ratio for a midfielder and a formidable all-round game. Acquired for less than a million, as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gunit123
It was inevitable that the plan to use make-shift full backs would cost us - regardless of injuries...

But there is no excuse for Walcott's poor performance - it seems he is getting worse every time he plays. Once he manages to get into good positions he fails to capitalise so often. What a frustrating player...

Gervinho is worse, if he had scored the amount of sitters he's had this season, arsenal would be first.
Original post by Beneb
Well, it's two months since he was incapacitated, and he still leads Serie A in assists...He was in electric form before the injury, probably the best player in the league.

I'm worried about Nocerino for the Milan game, the guy has an incredible shots per goal ratio for a midfielder and a formidable all-round game. Acquired for less than a million, as well.

thats true mainly down to the fact that when he played well he had excellent games,i mean in two consecutive matches he recorded 2 assists one against lecce i think and the other against parma,but he was terribly inconsistent, fortunately he cannot play(no spite intended,i wish him a quick recovery), as when hes on form he is terrifying to play.

and about nocerino i agree,very good buy. Milan are excellent in the transfer market it has to be said
why don't wenger buy pato ???

I agree tottenham havr the second best midfield after city.

tbh I miss seeing our midfield and attack from last season if things stayed as they are we would have one of the best teams in the prem oh well
well we just lost, serves us right really.
Original post by Numan786

tbh I miss seeing our midfield and attack from last season if things stayed as they are we would have one of the best teams in the prem oh well

Come on be serious, why would pato want to join us?
Original post by Numan786

You think if wenger could get pato, he wouldn't be at arsenal? He knows he isn't getting him, plus, the second he's available, you'll see a bid from city(to replace tevez) and PSG(ancelotti)let alone anzhi and malaga who can offer better wages than you can.
Original post by word2yamother
Come on be serious, why would pato want to join us?

Exactly, arsenal won't give him the wages so there's pretty much no point, AC are doing better in their league than arsenal, wouldn't be a step down but it's not really gonna do much for him unless he likes arsenal.
Original post by lucas13
well we just lost, serves us right really.

Tbh you didn't deserve that. But I've lost count of the amount of times this has happened, 1-0 to arsenal, concede from set piece at the last minute.

Latest